ClockTuner for Ryzen (CTR) - and introduction guide and download

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards AMD' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Sep 29, 2020.

1. NightWind

NightWind Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus ROG 2060 Super
    Tim24 and Adam Honved like this.
  2. Clauz Caraza

Clauz Caraza Guest

GPU:
    gtx 1660
    Hi I have a 3700X and when i run the app the cppc tags are not being read, I still run the test and the voltage for every step go down lower than 638mV and still going down, is that good? or am I doing something wrong? also for the cppc tags I clear the system logs and also reinstalled ryzen master, and still not working, help plz :c

3. Adam Honved

Adam Honved Active Member

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3080 Ti
    I would recommend waiting for the new release of CTR 1.1 and try again.

4. Kitai

Kitai Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GeForce 1070ti
    Just wanted to say thanks so much for this tool. I had some issues getting it started, but the combination of the article on this site and the log recommendations within the program were able to get me up and running. For reference, I'm on an ASUS TUF x570 motherboard (1407 BIOS), Ryzen 9 3900x, and 32GB 3600MHZ CL18 memory. I had initially tried a manual OC but lost patience trying to figure out stable OCs on each CCX separately so I eventually gave up and reset the BIOS to full auto. It can be really frustrating when something seems stable for a few days until it's not and there's so many variables to consider when troubleshooting. This tool improved my all-core Cinebench from 6629 (stock) to 7433 - over a 12% improvement - and I've had no crashes and better temps so far. I believe it will give me some solid benefits in my spare-time hobbies like Unreal Engine and music creation even if it somewhat lowers single-threaded performance in gaming. Pretty amazing for a free tool - thanks again!

Adam Honved likes this.

5. Allen Mercer

Allen Mercer Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080
    Hi, thanks again for all the work for Ryzen users, AMD Yes! I have a few questions I think others maybe also want to know.
    1. If I use Ryzen Master to auto overclock my CPU, do I need to reset it before I use CTR?
    2. I use Process Lasso for a better respond experience, do I need to close it when I use CTR to overclock?
    Thanks

6. NightWind

NightWind Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus ROG 2060 Super

Tim24 likes this.
  7. DeskStar

DeskStar Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 3080Ti/3090FTW

8. DeskStar

DeskStar Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 3080Ti/3090FTW
    You could always check for stability by "folding" to be honest.

My overclocks from the CTR aren't stable that is for sure. System lock ups when slamming the CPU.

Trying now to see what I can do for undervolting and maintaining performance at the same time.

9. Allen Mercer

Allen Mercer Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080
    2 Tips for newbie like me:
    i. If you experience a rebooting problem in the diagnostic process, try a lower LLC setting since different MB and CPU have different capability; the LLC setting can be confusing, check with ur manufacturer with it
    ii. If you experience a rebooting problem in the auto-overclock process, reset ur CPU's clock if u overclocked it before

10. racegurram

racegurram Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080
    Hi, I have 3900x processor. However clock tuner doesn't list/show second die :-/

upload_2020-10-9_22-32-9.png

Ryzen Master
    upload_2020-10-9_22-32-35.png

11. NightWind

NightWind Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus ROG 2060 Super
  12. Drysofar

Drysofar Guest

GPU:
    It is showing 2 CCX each having 3 cores so 6

13. FrozenHavana

FrozenHavana Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6GB
    Profile doesn't stick after PC coming back from sleep or hibernate. It does if i restart though. Any tips? thanks

14. Serpent86

Serpent86 Guest

GPU:
    RX5700XT Nitro+
    ctr11 pbo.png

ctr11 pbo bench.png
    Nice)

Adam Honved likes this.
  15. Johndoe!

Johndoe! Guest

GPU:
    gtx 1660

Hi, I just installed and it runs a configuration that makes my computer automathicly suths down so i would like to uninstall CTR how can i do that?

16. Passus

Passus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4070 Gaming X
    just delete it

17. Slehc84

Slehc84 Guest

GPU:
    Aorus rx5700XT
    CTR 1.JPG

Well thank you for this, a little bit of fiddling and it works on my 3900X and Gigabyte master x570.
    v1.1 F30 bios. Is it wise to manually clock the memory , as the DRAM tool suggests my GSKILL will go faster.

CTR results.JPG

18. NightWind

NightWind Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus ROG 2060 Super
    rsz_690.jpg

44.PNG

45.PNG

3.86 Gold Sample (3800X) also very good temps.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2020
    Tim24 likes this.
  19. KingSpewn

KingSpewn Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070Ti
    This program is pretty amazing, my 3700x (Silver sample, on a Asus Strix X570-E, Bios 2407) would usually get a score of between 4600-4700 in cinebench with just PBO enabled and some performance settings turned on, but after letting CTR have a go at it, it went up to 5000, and my cpu now runs like 10 degrees lower under heavy load too.
    With just those bios settings it'd boost to 4200mhz on a good day but never for super long, even though there was the temperature overhead for it to go higher. It's now running at 4325mhz at 1.25v.

So that is all well and good, and thankfully I saved that first run as a profile that I can now use. But after I tried letting it run at a reference voltage of 1.275, it got up to 4400mhz without errors (cycle time of 300) but then did a hard crash when it tried to do 4425mhz and now CTR simply won't do anything anymore when hitting Start. Instead of CB20 starting, it opens a browser windows to Maxon. Then it'll say that the first test has started but nothing happens from that point on. The CPU is set to the reference frequency but the load does not increase and the test never really starts. And the only way to return the frequency back to 'normal' is to restart the pc.
    So I guess I'm 'stuck' with the 4325mhz profile for now? Is this a known issue that is going to be fixed in the upcoming new release or should I uninstall and start from scratch?

20. Jdin

Jdin Guest

GPU:
    Hi all, I updated my bios and switched to boot from CSM to UEFI. The CTR will not load. I have deleted and downloaded a fresh install. No luck. The logs show the time I tried to start it and cpu information.