Does anyone here have an Alphacool 1260mm radiator?

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Shagula, Oct 10, 2020.

1. Shagula

Shagula Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3090 Ulltra
    https://www.alphacool.com/shop/radi...os-xt45-full-copper-1260mm-supernova-radiator

I've gone water cooling mad after buying a standard 360mm set. I just bought one of these monsters, I'm mounting it on a stand externally (After I build the stand) and using a PCI passthrough adaptor connect it to everything in the system. Does anyone have one and are you able to answer a few questions for me? When I build the vertical stand for it I'm going to have mounts on it to put the Res/pump, should I use dual pumps? Because ill be running everything through a 1260mm rad + a 240mm rad + a 360mm rad and videocard + cpu blocks

Or should I keep one pump/res in the case so if I want to take my pc somewhere i can just utilise quick releases on the external tubes and connect them together so I can just remove the 1260 in seconds

Ideas?

2. jura11

jura11 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 NvLink
    Hi there

I running MO-ra3 360mm external radiator on my loop with 4*360mm radiators and I'm using 4*D5 pumps, previously I have run D5 with dual 18W DDC pumps and my flow rate has been in 125-150LPH and now flow rate is in 250-265LPH

If you are planning to run such external radiator I would go with extra dual pumps at least because your flow rate will drop off like stone

My recommendation is use pumps mounted inside the case with reservoir, in theory you can mount it externally and use external PSU just for powering pumps fans etc

Yes QDC fittings I would use as well, I'm using my loop as well QDC

Hope this helps

Thanks, Jura

Shagula likes this.
  3. Shagula

Shagula Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3090 Ulltra
    Wow!!! That MO-ra3 is ridiculous! Puts my new toy to shame. Dual or more pumps it is then. Any chance I could see a pic of how you've mounted your pump setup? I'm going to have major issues fitting much more in my case, I'm using a Cooler master NR600. How did you work out your flowrate? Do you have something like this? I was considering getting one after buying the giant rad https://www.amazon.com.au/Thermalta...ywords=thermaltake+flow&qid=1602340485&sr=8-1

Do you think the monster external rad is overkill?

Last edited: Oct 10, 2020
  4. jura11

jura11 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 NvLink
    Hi there

I wouldn't say this Alphacool Supernova 1260mm radiator it will put your toy to shame, its pretty much comparable radiator

My pumps are mounted in the pedestal in Caselabs M8 and I can try take a pictures of this there and where I would mount yours pumps in NR600, where PSU it is I would try mount them, dual pump top something like Aquacomputer Dual DDC and DDC pumps are quite space efficient, dual D5 pumps would be better choice but not sure how you can mount it in your case

For flow rate calculation I'm using Aquacomputer High Flow USB, I have tried several flow rate sensors and Aquacomputer are most accurate

https://shop.aquacomputer.de/product_info.php?products_id=3953&language=en

Hope this helps

Thanks, Jura

5. jura11

jura11 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 NvLink
    I forgot to say,I don't think external radiator is overkill,in my case it helps me with lower water delta and lower fan speeds,more radiator space you have better water delta usually it is and therefore you can run fan at much lower speeds,I'm running external radiator due same reasons,lower fan speed and lower water delta T

Hope this helps there

Thanks,Jura