AMD Ryzen 5000 (ZEN3) announcement thread

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Oct 8, 2020.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Lily GFX, BReal85, Embra and 2 others like this.
  2. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Can't wait! This is going to be so great!
    GO AMD!

Tsenng and Maddness like this.
  3. ACEB

ACEB Member Guru

GPU:
    I hate these events but can't stop myself from watching them lol

Fediuld likes this.
  4. Srsbsns

Srsbsns Member Guru

GPU:
    RX Vega 64 Liquid
    That's a premieres and aren't those not live it's just pre-recorded with a chat? You can see it in the bottom left hand corner. I don't think it's actually going to be live stream but maybe I'm wrong.

5. Vananovion

Vananovion Member Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX 6800 16GB
    I dunno about ACEB, but I watched one of these in the past and it was nothing but corporate cringe. I'll just wait for HH to pick out the most important points for us.

The over-hype and dishonest performance claims are par for the course nowadays and any sane person knows to wait for independent reviews.

schmidtbag likes this.
  6. Fediuld

Fediuld Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD 5700XT AE
    "Premieres in X hours"? There is nothing different on the markings than other livestreams booked to start several hours later.
    And this one popped last night as I was waiting Stephen Crowder's stream to start with same indications.

7. ACEB

ACEB Member Guru

GPU:
    Like some of what the other person mentions. They are mostly filled with stuff aimed at shareholders, buzz words, cherry picked benchmarks, lots of talk and little real info. I still get hooked in though lol really I'm just a tech nerd doesn't matter what company

8. FrostNixon

FrostNixon Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 5700 XT
    My question is when do we expect reviews, is it today or on the actual release on 20th of October?

9. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    There will be no reviews today.

Silva likes this.
  10. Man 8 hours I’ll be sleeping :(

11. NightWind

NightWind Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus ROG 2060 Super
    Really looking forward to this. :)

12. Srsbsns

Srsbsns Member Guru

GPU:
    RX Vega 64 Liquid
    Premieres is actually a YouTube feature. It's not saying that it's premiering it's saying that it's a Premieres.

https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/9080341?hl=en

Check that link Premieres are pre-recorded videos with live chats. If you notice no where does it actually say that it's going to be a live stream.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2020
  13. Death_Lord

Death_Lord Guest

GPU:
    Aorus 1080 GTX 8GB
    Performance claims made directly by AMD are not worse than what Intel has done every year, most of the hype comes from leaks, if you are into tin foil hats you can believe AMD released the leaks themselves but as always, It would be a bit difficult to believe when so much people is involved in the manufacturing and testing of this new hardware, leaks are prone to happen.
    And and what is your point? what is wrong about a small company trying to get back up and fight a company that has tried to monopolize the entire CPU industry for years? if it wasnt for AMD, the news would be that intel releases a 6 Core CPU with a 5% IPC improvement, as they did while they had no need to compete, if you give them the chance they will milk people with their incompatible motherboards and new requirements for almost the same performance every year, the only part I agree with you is that we should all wait for proper reviews.

14. Devid

Devid Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX 6800 XT TUF
    Hello 9900K, my old friend
    It's time for you to go on sale
    Because you will become so creeping
    Zen 3 left its seeds while I was sleeping...

To be continued... :cool:

15. SmootyPoody

SmootyPoody Active Member

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 770 ref
    Each to their own.. But why. Why would you change this CPU out for a new one? Care to explain for a noobie? What do you do that makes you want to switch for a new product? When you have something that is still last generation top tier?

Devid and Richard Nutman like this.

16. Fediuld

Fediuld Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD 5700XT AE
    But it doesn't say that there wont be live, does it?

Premiering is a 2018 functionality used by many these days who have on schedule a live stream not only an existing video. I put as example Stephen Growder and ABL from last night VP debate had set it up early in morning for doing SCHEDULED live streaming. Tim Pool, Ben Shapiro, Nerdrotic, Anthony Brian Logan, FOX News etc. You name it. On scheduled live stream same functionality is used.

Some put it a day before, like AMD, others hours or minutes before their live stream.

https://www.howtogeek.com/367588/what-are-youtube-premiers-and-how-do-you-use-them/

17. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    I can imagine wanting pcie4 and if the performance is anywhere near it will be actually faster on lower power consumption and heat output so why not.

18. Dmonkeyking

Dmonkeyking Guest

GPU:
    GigabyRadeon 5700XT
    Keep it movin' like my lease up
    Think you fly, boy, where your visa?
    Mona Lisa kinda Lisa
    Needs an ice cream man that treats her (hey)

19. Richard Nutman

Richard Nutman Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 7800XT
    Even if it is faster in games, the difference is going to be negligible given the 9900K is still right up there at the top in gaming performance. Maybe he's got money to burn, but seems like a waste to upgrade a 9900k, unless it's significantly more than 8 cores he wants for multi-core workloads.

20. asturur

asturur Maha Guru

GPU:
    Geforce Gtx 1080TI
    Deinitely upgrading to anything from a 9900k is a waste. Unless is upgrade for the sake of upgrade.