ClockTuner for Ryzen (CTR) - and introduction guide and download

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards AMD' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Sep 29, 2020.

1. Adam Honved

Adam Honved Active Member

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3080 Ti
    Just click the "Autoload profile with OS" button again, and also do not lunch CTR, because profile will get loaded when launched.

V1TRU likes this.
  2. Flake

Flake Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix 2080ti
    Thanks 1usmus :)

What's your opinion with enabling CPPC / CPPC Preferred Cores / Global C?

3. Adam Honved

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3080 Ti
    Hi 1usmus,

First of all thank you for the great job!

Will you be able to apply modified profiles without restarting CTR?

If not: request from my side would be to not close Cinebench when exiting CTR.
    Or at least not close it if CB20 testing is disabled. I like to run it manually, and I also have to restart CTR a couple of times to get modified profile applied.

Thank you very much!

4. Adam Honved

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3080 Ti
    Hi 1usmus,

Just some of my ideas / recommendations:

- Vertically placed dislay 1080x1920 - windows right side gets truncated, also when dropping the window to the top of the screen, it maximizes and you cannot bring it back to normal
    - Multiple instances could be started of the app at the same time

- Possibility to save multiple profiles - eg. 1 for browsing, 1 for work/gaming - Easy switch between them on taskbar icon right click menu

NightWind likes this.

5. NightWind

NightWind Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus ROG 2060 Super
    *1 Can confirm the same anomaly.
    *2 That would be really great. :)

Adam Honved likes this.
  6. SergioInGame

SergioInGame Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2060
    How do I make clocktuner to apply changes in starup?

7. NightWind

NightWind Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus ROG 2060 Super
    Autoload profile with OS - switch it to the right side to enable the option.

aa.JPG

Tim24 likes this.
  8. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Which mobo do you have for your 3900X system?

Your mobo is closer to what I have :) (got the Elite)

9. Jo3L

Jo3L Guest

GPU:
    1070ti
    I am getting a locked 100 units in the CPPC field. Is it normal? Got a friend with the same CPU with different data there.
    I read in the known issues that I should wait for new BIOS / Ryzen Master / Chipset driver, may it be because I have a B550 MB instead of B450?
    Thank you!

10. Adam Honved

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3080 Ti
    I also have B550 (ASUS B550-F), but I got the numbers there. Still I hope version 1.1 could bring some improvement on it, as there were several similar issues reported already.

CPPC.JPG

11. SergioInGame

SergioInGame Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2060
    It is enabled, should the icon of the app apear on the icon tab or on the task manager? Because it doesnt

12. Adam Honved

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3080 Ti
    Fore me the app starts when Win10 boots, but the profile is not getting applied unless I open CTR, go into edit profile, apply profile and then I restart CTR.
    This is one thing hopefully will be fixed with the upcoming 1.1 patch.

13. NightWind

NightWind Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus ROG 2060 Super
    It appears on the taskbar with the other icons (you enabled to be shown).

p.s. If it doesn't work, then try to disable/enable once more and restart the os, if it still won't work, just wait for the next update, it should be ready soon. I suppose you already tried this already...

Last edited: Oct 7, 2020
    Adam Honved likes this.
  14. Jo3L

Jo3L Guest

GPU:
    1070ti
    Which BIOS and CPU do you have?

15. Adam Honved

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3080 Ti
    BIOS 1004, 3600

16. Jo3L

Jo3L Guest

GPU:
    1070ti
    In my case, have the same BIOS but 3600x. Don't know if it could be because of it (my friend has a 3600 too...). Will make some research or wait. Thank Adam!

17. Nekrosleezer

Nekrosleezer Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 Suprim X
    So my 3700x silver crap can run CCX1 4225 and CCX2 4175 with 1.275v, scoring 5067 pts in cb20. But i dont know if this voltage is safe to keep it "24/7" though

18. Marek

Marek Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    Just realised, that with CTR profile appiled HWiNFO64, CPU-Z, CPUID HW Monitor etc showing, that all cores are still (even in idle) on maxium clocks. But Ryzen Master showing low clock/sleep. Looks like Ryzen is more believeable. Also voltages are not the same in other tools compared to RM.

upload_2020-10-7_17-38-59.png

19. daghtus

daghtus Member

GPU:
    RTX 2080S, 8 GB
    I did some intense testing today and here's the result:
    1. The problem was not caused by tight memory timings whatsoever. They run fine even at 1.41 V.
    2. Control would crash due to high VRAM overclocking (EDIT: GPU overclocking). I lowered the positive offset from 1300 MHz to 1000 Mhz and now, the game runs fine (EDIT: still crashed because GPU was overclocked with offset +100 MHz). The problem would only manifest itself when I used maximum ray tracing settings. It seems RT cores are quite demanding in terms of VRAM performance. (EDIT: RT cores apparently cannot handle as high overclock as shaders.)
    3. Prime95 was indeed crashing when going from large FFT calculations to small ones (e.g. from 360+ kB FFT to 4 kB FFT). Since the performance of individual cores varies, one core finishes its 360 kB task earlier than another and switches to 4 kB task. This combination generates huge power draw with increased heat output which was apparently too much even for my beefy Noctua NH-D15S heatsink. Prime95 would simply crash (without even reporting any error) when the temps spiked up to 83 °C or so. I have just ordered Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut which I will use instead of Noctua NT-H1 to see if it makes any difference. I really did not want to play with liquid metal so that's my last try. Anyhow, I was able to achieve rock solid overclock only at 4325 MHz at CCX1, 4300 MHz at CCX2 at 1.22 V. That way, I was able to keep the temps below 80 °C at all times which apparently solved the problem. And they say the maximum temp for Ryzen 5 is 95 °C. Yeah, right...

Last edited: Oct 8, 2020
  20. suty455

suty455 Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 3090
    well this is a bit disappointing, got myself a new 3900x yesterday and built it with 3600 Ram 32g and a decent liquid cooler and set this program off maybe its me but all board settings are auto apart from XMP and this seems to set the limit at 4.2ghz and starts to tune it crashes at 4.4 and the pc restarts and you have to start the whole process again so can someone tell me what is supposed to actually happen?