Baldur's Gate III

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by SpajdrEX, May 30, 2019.

1. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    It's probably best to wait for the smoothest gaming experience. But on the other hand if you want to support the devs a bit more it might be good to get early access... so yeah. I for one will wait.

2. Olorin

Olorin Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX4070
    I'll wait until next year until someone releases a real-time with pause mod. :)

3. Angantyr

Angantyr Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070 Super X
    Whelp, just bought my first early access game ever, crossing my fingers it isn't a launch disaster.

If anyone is curious, the launch install size is 65GB.
    [​IMG]

4. Party Poison

Party Poison Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4090
    £49.99 Is joke.

serbicu likes this.

5. Syranetic

Syranetic Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 4080
    Steam is such absolute trash, tried for 15 minutes to buy the game while their whole payment system went down, then it locked me out for trying to purchase too many times.

Went to GoG and it purchased instantly.

6. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Suprim
    it is actually a big joke, why that expensive? lol here is like 59,99 euros! what? for early access. I thought this will be my first early access game, but not paying that much.

7. Syranetic

Syranetic Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 4080
    What's a joke about the price? It's not going to change when the full game is out. Do you expect a game of this size and quality to be less money when all 40 hours of content are present?

If you don't like supporting them before that content is in the game, then don't. I mean most of you here have a high end card, are you poor or something?

8. Angantyr

Angantyr Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070 Super X
    Well, I'm not an expert on the matter. But I think the overall belief / hope towards early access games, is that they should start out at a lower price point. And raises the price of the game dynamically in tandem with the progression of the game development towards completion.

Call me naive, but that was kinda what I was hoping before the game went live for purchase.

GSDragoon and Solfaur like this.
  9. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Suprim
    Having a high-end card doesn't mean you necessarily like to throw money out the window :D .
    i like to get my money's worth whenever I can, and in this case you are not getting much for what you pay. You get only a sneak peak of a unfinished,early build of the game.
    In this case, Larian Studios, they already made the last 2 games, which were kinda successful right? , so why ask full price for this, right now in early access stage, and not let's say set a lower price? If you want to play the game in its final version when it's out (or later chapters ) then just pay the rest.

will see...usually I am sucker for these type of games, so will buy this no doubt, but when? don't know yet.

10. TheSissyOfFremont

TheSissyOfFremont Master Guru

GPU:
    3090 FE
    Early access just means you get early access.

Your paying for a full game - they just let you play it early.
    It's not crowd funding.

11. Party Poison

Party Poison Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4090

But its not the full game, its part of it and a beta version at that.

Divinity 2 was £35 when it launched in EA.

101 things could happen between now and launch, either delaying or stopping development. Features could be cut or on the extreme end the game could take years to be finished.

GSDragoon likes this.
  12. TheSissyOfFremont

TheSissyOfFremont Master Guru

GPU:
    3090 FE
    You can't not buy the full game.

You get early access to the game - which is not yet finished.
    Yes - if for some reason they don't ever finish the game, you wont get what you payed for.

I don't understand the controversy - if you want to play it now, buy it now.
    If you want to wait - do....

[​IMG]

Duke Nil and fantaskarsef like this.
  13. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    Because it’s a AAA game. I wouldn’t expect it to be lower anyway.
    Usually AAA won’t have an EA phase so you don’t see many AAA games in EA, yet they have a lower price.

And another thing is; you don’t fund the game. Larian don’t need the money to finish their product.
    They want feedback at dev phases. So you really only pay to play the game earlier and if you want to give feedback.

TheSissyOfFremont likes this.
  14. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    60$ for early access?

what the...

15. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4070 ti TUF
    Well that's because a fraction of people use GoG. Besides, when's the last time a game broke Steam. This must be a big deal.

16. Trixster

Trixster Member Guru

GPU:
    1070 G1 Gaming
    Combat system takes a bit of getting use to, camera I find very annoying and they should look to change it to be a bit more intuitive - should have a follow mode imo to save needing to move about all the time. Graphically I love it and the approach they have taken. Story wise, not that far into it so I will let it have time to develop.

£50 for early access might seem steep, but as others have said you're buying the full game - just getting to play it a hell of a lot earlier. Don't want to do that, then wait - hell, they even tell you the same. I'd have bought it anyway so this is just a nice bonus for me, and I'm loving what I have seen so far.

toyo, kapu and ShadowDuke like this.
  17. coc

coc Maha Guru

GPU:
    3060Ti
    i played for about an hour, maybe more at my friend's PC. he likes those type of games, but i decided not to buy it right now.. not sure if il buy it even later on. the camera-movement is a no-go for me, i can't see myself playing it for tens\hundreds of hours like that. the game itself feels rich and mature.. my friend loves it. he did write some Steam review mentioning bugs and glitches and he still recommend it for those who enjoyed games like the old BG or Divinity.

18. 0blivious

0blivious Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT / 5700 XT
    You were being naive. :p This only went EA so they could get some minor feedback and stamp out bugs. This is a full, AAA title from a large studio, not a tiny game, desperate for funding.

Big studios normally don't do an EA. If they include the public, they do an open beta instead. But let's not confuse this with some random dude's EA game that may never see completion. Those games are cheap in EA because they may never even get another patch, let alone finished. This game is basically the sequel to Divinity with a Baldur's Gate skin and D&D ruleset. There's no way this game doesn't get a full release so they will charge full price, even now.

19. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Except EA of course, EA always release EA games.

Challenge Everything...

20. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual 4070 OC
    Yeah so... The game looks great and I don't care about the price. But... It looks nothing like a Baldur's Gate game. Which in many people's view could be a negative. But to me, I don't care. Honestly, I think Baldur's Gate peaked with it's first game, BG2 was an "upgrade" in many ways but to me, it never felt as good as the original.

Have I bought the early access of BG3 on Steam? No. Not because I don't think it's a good game. I didn't buy it because it's not yet finished. And I have other things to play through. Shadowlands prepatch is coming soon, we'll also have Cyberpunk next month, finally a proper RPG from CDPR, after the disappointment that TW3 was. And we'll also have PS5 and Xbox Series launch next month. So I'll happily wait for the full release of BG3.