Review: be quiet Pure loop 280mm LCS

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Oct 6, 2020.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Be quiet! has overhauled its's liquid cooling series, all hail the Pure Loop. Not only does the LCS CPU cooler have new aesthetics, be quiet! did something unique, they place the pump in between tubi...

Review: be quiet Pure loop 280mm LCS

Loobyluggs likes this.
  2. PsyaNyde

PsyaNyde Active Member

GPU:
    msi rtx 2080 super
    Except to anyone that knows anything at all, placing the pump between the rad and the cpu in the tubing isn't unique at all, i have the same setup in my Enermax LIQfusion 240 since 2018, so, hardly unique.

3. NCC1701D

NCC1701D Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 FE
    Did you mean for that to come off rude, or are you just a low self monitor? He mentions the Enermax in the article too, but not sure if he added that after your scathing comment.

4. Goiur

Goiur Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4080
    I would say something about that... but HH would gift me some strike points lol

5. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Did not look bad for given noise level. I guess that if fans for all coolings were normalized to rpm which result in same noise, it would perform decently.
    But in case there is some part of sound from pump that's annoying, it is problem.

Visually, they should provide replacement cover for CPU block. Did not like this one. Maybe some double plastic where you can slide semi transparent mask in between. And change its looks to whatever you want.

And I think Hilbert wrote too kindly about it, because it is not even logo, it is just text.

6. Tsenng

Tsenng Active Member

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3080 AMP
    Quick Question. I do not see the arctic liquid freezer II 280 anywhere on the charts. Should it not be included since it basically is one of the absolute best 280's on the market AND one of the cheapest? :D

7. Goiur

Goiur Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4080
    Did G3d made a review of it on the same cpu?

Many coolers that are not shown haven been tested with other cpus so they are not comparable