Display Driver Uninstaller Thread

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Wagnard, Jul 14, 2013.

1. Watcher

Watcher Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual RX6700 XT
    Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) V18.0.3.2 Released. - Fixed (again) a DDU crash when used on older version of Windows 10 (1803 and earlier)
    See first post of this thread for download locations and other important information.

2. squallypo

squallypo Member

GPU:
    asus gtx 980
    ive never had issues with DDU until this last version, when i used it to unninstall my nvidia drivers on safe mode and then restarted as normal, when it restarted back to normal mode, nothing seemed to respond, tried to restart&shut down as you normally would but windows wouldnt respond, and things wouldnt load as normal either, so i had to force "reset" my pc, and then it was fine.
    im on windows 1903.

whats going on in there? @Wagnard

3. duraznoz

duraznoz Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire HD4870
    Hey! Been a long time since I used DDU, just recently had a small issue and was wondering if it is safe to uncheck the DCH part of the NVIDIA section if not using DCH drivers?

4. Wagnard

Wagnard Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX 1080
    Hi, not really sure if I don't have the log.
    You are also the first to report this. When you mean doesn't respond, is like you can move the mouse but can't click anything?
    Totally safe , even with it ticked it wouldn't have done anything because you don't have the DCH Driver.

duraznoz likes this.

5. squallypo

squallypo Member

GPU:
    asus gtx 980
    where is the log located? and yes i could move the mouse, but the desktop had nothing on screen other than black background, and i just got that again after booting my pc.
    never had an issue the program before until now, im afraid it has affected something on the pc.

log files: https://filebin.net/hht077r3tmipf3ve

6. Wagnard

Wagnard Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX 1080
    They are located within the DDU folder inside another folder called "DDU Logs".
    If your desktop was fixed after the reset and then it come back randomly, there is almost 0 chance s that DDU can do this, it is probably something else.
    If DDU were to do some damages to windows files / registry, the consequences would be for every boot until repair.
    Not saying it is impossible, just highly unlikely.

7. squallypo

squallypo Member

GPU:
    asus gtx 980
    i never had this problem before, after i used DDU on the latest version, by going on safe mode, unninstalling the gpu driver then rebooting, i had this problem, only seeing the background, without being able to click on anything, had to force reset the pc, back to windows and it worked fine, and i just recently, booted my pc and had the background screen issue again just seeing the mouse able to move it but nothing else, no taskbar, no ifles on the background as normally would be, just had to force reset again and its fine.
    just ran sfc /scannow to see if theres something wrong with my windows and it came fine as well, dont know what else to test to be honest, when i play games i never have issues either plays as intended and i do this for long period of hours.

8. Watcher

Watcher Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual RX6700 XT
    Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) V18.0.3.3 Released.
    See first post of this thread for download locations and other important information.

9. razielkain

razielkain Guest

GPU:
    Gtx 980
    I apologize to the mods if the topic has already been covered. After using DDU with windows 2004, when I reboot after installing the drivers of the video card, windows update no longer find the drivers of my acer lcd. I wanted to know if anyone had the same thing. I thank those who want to answer.

10. v4npro

v4npro Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 7900XT
    I'm having same problem. I rebooted in safe mode and removed older version of nvidia drivers. On reboot I get to windows login screen where it shows the time and I can't get pass that. After 30 seconds my pc reboots. I can get into safe mode again but not regular desktop. I'm using the latest DDU.

Edit: I did a sfc /scannow and I'm able to boot in. Weird.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2020

11. Watcher

Watcher Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual RX6700 XT
    @ razielkain @ v4npro: Reported issue to Wagnard.

12. Wagnard

Wagnard Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX 1080
    Hi, are you able to send me the log file of this SCF run ? (should be located in : C:\Windows\Logs\CBS)
    Send then at info@wagnardsoft.com

Check click on the big button (Set Windows Device Installation settings to Default) and try again.
    If this driver is not installing, it is possible that Microsoft removed it from windows update. You just need to get it from the acer website then.

Note: Thanks @Watcher

Last edited: Oct 1, 2020
  13. Ohmer

Ohmer Active Member

GPU:
    MSI 1080Ti DUKE OC
    @Wagnard - Just a heads up. DDU doesn't yet remove the "nvtopps" folders (new in driver versions 456.38 and 456.55) at the following locations:

C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\NvTopps
    and
    C:\ProgramData\NVIDIA Corporation\nvtopps

Functions as expected otherwise. (love your work) :)

14. Wagnard

Wagnard Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX 1080
    Check click on the big button (Set Windows Device Installation settings to Default) and try again.
    Thanks, I already have it ready for next DDU.

Ohmer likes this.
  15. klunka

klunka Active Member

GPU:
    1080ti / 11gb
    Thank you Wagnard and all others involved for this great tool!

I was wondering if you could list all the registry entries that get removed when doing clean install. I'm trying to figure out an issue I have with modfied registry entries and knowing where all the entries of nvidia are, would help me troubleshoot.

16. Wagnard

Wagnard Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX 1080
    They are listed in the logs, after a cleanup, click extended log on top. You will see in details what has been done.

17. klunka

klunka Active Member

GPU:
    1080ti / 11gb
    ahh, I checked the log folder and couldn't find anything. I'll try this next time I reinstall, thanks a lot!

18. v4npro

v4npro Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 7900XT
    Yeah sure thing.

19. Watcher

Watcher Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual RX6700 XT
    Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) V18.0.3.4 Released.

20. saif

saif Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 280X DualX OC
    Thanks for this tool. Was having low FPS after sometime, which were being fixed only after I rebooted the machine. After driver cleanup, these frame-drops are no longer an issue. This time I will also not install Geforce Experience, though may need it to record in-game videos...