Gigabyte has four GeForce RTX 3060 Ti cards planned

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Oct 1, 2020.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. KotS

KotS Member

I don't believe developers and manufacturers, 8gb will not enough for many open world games soon, even 1080p !

HybOj likes this.
  3. Stairmand

Stairmand Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX3090 Aorus Maste
    Four RTX 3060's planned! I guess than 3 more card than they had availible for the 3090 launch. ;-)

4. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    Just buy a 1440p monitor and play in 720p with Integer Scaling :p

5. Zooke

Zooke Master Guru

GPU:
    3090FE + EK Block
    These things should be comparitively cheap for what they will be capabe of, the 3070 is listed at £469 so at something like £399 or £349 these should sell very well indeed.

6. HybOj

HybOj Master Guru

GPU:
    Gygabite RTX3080
    If I wanted 8gb VRAM I would buy it in a form of RX 480 in the year of 2016 :D

7. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Again 399$ for a x60 level card. Overpriced midrange gpus all over again.

8. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    And where did you get this? Source? price is TBD. Werent you one of those who said the 3080 would be over $1500? :rolleyes:

9. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Think about it. 2070S was 499$ and 2060S 399$. Why do you expect things to be different? Its a 3060ti after all.

10. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    Well, we were all surprised by the 3080 price, so who knows?

11. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asrock 7700XT
    8GB is most certainly enough for 1080p. I've said it before and I'll say it again: textures soak up the most VRAM and you don't need ultra textures in modern games at 1080p. Lower the texture (or even shadow) detail and you'll save a heap of VRAM with little to no visual difference at 1080p.

I do see this more as a 1440p GPU, though much like the 3080, the amount of VRAM is really only enough for today's games, and not so much future games.

Maddness likes this.
  12. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    I dont not agree. You can definitely see the difference in textures in 1080p even more than 1440p. Makes no sense lowing the settings on your brand new shiny 3070. Thats dumb.

13. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asrock 7700XT
    No, you can't. Prove me wrong. I've had this discussion before and the other person went silent real quick when I showed side-by-side comparisons of modern games at 1080p, not just with texture details lowered a notch but all details lowered a notch. The difference in texture detail is imperceptible, except in a few niche cases like putting your face up against the wall, as though that's something you intend to do regularly when playing a game.
    From what I recall, the comparison I used was one of the newer Tomb Raider games. Most AAA games since 2016 seem to have 4K-ready textures. Many people here would not consider 2016 to be modern.

It makes no sense to spend more money to get more VRAM for a visual difference you can't see, just like it makes no sense to spend more money on a more powerful hardware for a frame rate your display can't keep up with. Whatever you think you're seeing is either placebo or an unrealistic way to enjoy a game.

Even DLSS manages to make games look good at higher resolutions even though there is literally missing information of what is supposed to be rendered.

14. KotS

KotS Member

OMG! Are you serious? if there 4096 x 4096 textures and you close up to object wich is covered with this texture, it is meaning you zoom in to details and i can proof it, it is better than 1024x1024 textures even 1080p monitor.

There is no different maybe if you open this texture with image editor and stay default zoom.

15. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Thing is that increasing a texture resolution takes no performance hit as long you have enough vram. Playing a Doom Eternal at nightmare settings i can see the difference in textures even in motion compared to high settings and still mantain 100fps.
    In single player games you are more likely to notice it as you keep looking, standing around talking to npcs etc...
    Dont forget that dlss and rt increase the vram usage significantly. Personaly im waiting for 6800xt 12gb as rumored that would fit me nicely.

16. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asrock 7700XT
    Ok, so prove it. There are real-world results to back up my claims. Where's yours?

17. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asrock 7700XT
    I'm well aware of that. But more VRAM isn't cheap. So if there's no significant performance difference when lowering texture detail and no visual difference, why spend more money on VRAM you don't need?

pharma and Pinstripe like this.
  18. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    I think textures and details are one of the most important graphics settings in the options menu. It increases overall look of the game. Everything else is just the effects like rt that actually you dont need.

19. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asrock 7700XT
    I completely agree, textures (and lighting effects) make all the difference in having a game look exceptionally good. But it doesn't matter how detailed the textures are if your resolution can't render the details.

20. KotS

KotS Member

You can proove it by yourself also, just run rdr2 and set your resolution to 720p, then go to the very next to any wall and take screenshots between ultra an high texture settings for compare.