Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.9.2: Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by frankuzzo, Sep 29, 2020.

1. flaviowolff

flaviowolff Member

GPU:
    XFX 7600GT 256MB
    "Fixed Issues
    • Some games may exhibit stutter intermittently during gameplay on Radeon RX 5000 series graphics products."

Still no fix for Warzone. If I don't edit "adv_options.ini" and thange VideoMemoryScale = 0.85 to 0.55, I get horrible 300~500ms stutters every 10 seconds. And old issue not yet fixed for the most played game of the moment.

2. Martin5000

Martin5000 Master Guru

GPU:
    8 gig
    As usual flawless installing and flawless operation.
    i cant ask for better really they just work.
    i honestly have no clue why AMD have such a bad rep because from day one i haven't had any problems.

Hypernaut likes this.
  3. flaviowolff

flaviowolff Member

GPU:
    XFX 7600GT 256MB
    Because you aren't the only person in the world? Or are you implying that everyone complaining is lying?

Hypernaut likes this.
  4. Sance

Sance Guest

GPU:
    AMD 480
    hasnt fixed my issiue with rx 5600 XT Sapphire which is micro stuttering in game.. the game i play most is Heroes of the storm, since i parachused this card i have not been able to play it because of all the stuttering.. the only thing that helps is switching from full screen to window mode..

never had this issiue with my old rx 480 , was running smooth all the time at max setting, with the new card its micro stuttering every time even at lowest settings

XzeroR3, Hypernaut and mostafa741 like this.

5. Digilator

Digilator Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT
    If you have not, try setting Chill to same FPS for Min and Max. Make it from 2 to even 10 FPS lower than your monitor is set to(don't really hurt if it is a 120Hz+). For me, CS:GO needed something like 10 for some reason... V-Sync and Enhanced Sync off.
    Works well with my Freesync monitor @ Full Screen.

Also, just in case - DDU in safe mode and install driver with a Factory Reset.

Hypernaut likes this.
  6. itpro

itpro Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD Testing
    Welcome to Guru3d forums/AMD section. It is a well known forum for flaming. It isn't wonder that Nvidia section is more active and with more users.

RX 5000 is even more beta than Vega. Polaris and GCN were the last mature products. Everyone knows that, fanboys, never accepted this though.

stevvie, Hypernaut and flaviowolff like this.
  7. Thiago Diniz

Thiago Diniz Member

GPU:
    6700 XT Red Devil
    it's a delicate debate. Everyone has its own custom settings (or simply just use default ones) with a tons of possible hardware combinations. Speaking for myself, I've never had any problems using 280x, 390, 580x and now Vega64 and I have friends with RX 5700 without any problems either. I think its all depends on game engine, monitor, cable (HDMI or DP), custom settings/OC/UV, features used..

I'm always using latest drivers, beta or whql. Install the driver, make sure Freesync is enable, apply my custom settings from OverdriveNTool and thats it. Its been a while since last time I had to use DDU, Factory Reset always get the job done for me. But I'm a casual player, mostly R6Siege, I don't use any recorder feature, streaming, and all this kind of stuff.

To be honest, I had one problem a couple of days ago. I tried to use Game Profile to increase Saturation In-Game, but it doesn't work, saturation is applyied system-wide, dispite of having a Global Option and a Game Profile Option. So I found a program (VibranceGUI) thats does the job. I not fully happy to use a third-party program since it seens that the driver should do it, but its not a big problem for me. I don't know how nvidia handle this nowadays.

Hypernaut, HD64G and JonasBeckman like this.
  8. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    Come on dude, it's an obvious issue with the game. Beenox (the company that ported the game to PC) is notorious for bad ports!!! Possible memory leak that's overted by doing that.

Can you lock FPS in game to 60 and actually see 60FPS locked yet? No, because they won't fix that either. Sloppy work from that lot.

Furthermore, I found this information out as well. More then likely the game engine isn't using vram the way AMD would like it to.
    https://gpuopen.com/performance/#memory

Last edited: Sep 30, 2020
    Hypernaut, Jackalito and HD64G like this.
  9. Speedpc

Speedpc Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX770 4Gig
    I had this same issue , just a suggestion I went into services (windows 10) and I found 2 things running:
    AMD Crash Defender Service : first I (right click) stop it from running and then (right click) properties (startup type) and disabled it
    AMD External Events Utility: first I (right click) stop it from running and then (right click) properties (startup type) and disabled it
    Restarted the computer and i have not had an issue since on any games, very happy how things have been running with my 5700XT

Hypernaut likes this.
  10. flaviowolff

flaviowolff Member

GPU:
    XFX 7600GT 256MB
    Sounds great, will try it out!

@Eastcoasthandle sorry but I dont agree. If the game runs fine on nvidia cards (and it does, at least in regards to this kind of stuttering - had a 1070 before and everything was fine) and not on the specific RX5000 cards, it's a problem with the card and the way it's VRAM works. Stable cards should be prepared for memory leaks.
    AMD recommending us to keep under 80% of VRAM to prevent a problem from manifesting itself doesn't make it less of a problem. It IS a problem simply because it only happens with this product (RX5000).
    I hate car analogies, but I can't help myself: if Ford designed a Mustang model which loses handling after 90mph, its a problem. If Ford recommends this models' owners not to exceed 90mph, it doesn't make it less of a problem.

Hypernaut likes this.

11. Evele

Evele Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700 XT
    He's not wrong.

Hypernaut likes this.
  12. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    I don't have that problem and I own a 5700xt. So if it was a driver problem I would be complaining of that issue as well. One of the major causes of stuttering is the cache file found in X:\call of duty modern warfare\main. Have a look for yourself. How large is that folder? It's a cache folder that gets re-written with added files all the time. I always periodically delete everything in that folder except fileSys.check.cfg.

As it can grow to well over 5 gigs. For whatever reason when it gets large like that the game stutters.

Hypernaut likes this.
  13. flaviowolff

flaviowolff Member

GPU:
    XFX 7600GT 256MB
    Thanks, i'll check it out', but I doubt it would solve my problem, since I formatted the system and redownloaded the game less than a week ago. I may be facing a problem specific to my card (and also dozens of peoples around the net), but surely its not something wrong with my rig, as my 1070 works just fine with the same rig.

edit:

Hypernaut likes this.
  14. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    Here's another thing MW isn't on AMD's Recommend list when the profile is added. Look for yourself. Go into Adrenaline, Gaming > Games and the profile has no recommendation markings on it. Sure, AMD should communicate why that is!!!

However, I have heard that Beenox are a bit bias towards Nvidia:
    https://twitter.com/NVIDIAGeForce/status/1309603343845568513
    So I wouldn't expect them to fix any "AMD" issues. Which can explain why Nvidia "works" for them. Although the FPS limiter is borked no matter what GPU you are on as far as I know.

And yet another thing. I can play Division 2 using more vram with no problem at all at 1440p.

Jackalito, Hypernaut and flaviowolff like this.
  15. BlitzTown

BlitzTown Member Guru

Fixed Issues
    • Some games may exhibit stutter intermittently during gameplay on Radeon RX 5000 series graphics products.

am i dreaming?

Hypernaut likes this.

16. Digilator

Digilator Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT
    Can someone test whether Performance Overlay is working under a VSR resolution on Win 10 1809 LTSC? Exclusive Fullscreen.
    Oddly, it works with Pillars of Eternity and Stardew Valley, but not with The Witcher 3, DOTA2, The Forest or GTA V...

Hypernaut likes this.
  17. flaviowolff

flaviowolff Member

GPU:
    XFX 7600GT 256MB
    Apparently, yes.

Hypernaut likes this.
  18. Krteq

Krteq Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 WC
    Installed on Tuesday, works like a charm for me

Hypernaut likes this.
  19. spectatorx

spectatorx Guest

GPU:
    Radeon RX580 8GB
    Reverted back to 20.9.1, got my 100 points in time spy back. I will give them a try again with DDU and installer's factory settings reset.

Hypernaut likes this.
  20. connos

connos Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD 7900XTX
    Did you try any games? Why is Time Spy score so important? Is Time Spy score associated to game performance?

nikobellic, Krteq, Hypernaut and 2 others like this.