Big Navi specs leaked by macOS Big Sur driver

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by PrMinisterGR, Sep 27, 2020.

1. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    This is true, but I can't help but think that an 80CU card would be starved on a 256bit bus, and this rumour of a massive cache just doesn't sound right to me...

2. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    Oh I definitely agree it would be starved. Not sure how AMD is going to handle it - it would either be HBM for the majority of the line up or they are doing some cool trickery with cache or something similar.

Also, unrelated, but the auto-HDR thing that was semi-announced on Xbox today would be cool for PC. Presumably Big Navi would have something similar:

Embra and CPC_RedDawn like this.
  3. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    Don't Windows literally do this if you enable HDR and run something in borderless?

Deleted member 213629 likes this.
  4. Admittedly I am puzzled on this one too. (auto HDR) Thought with the latest adrenaline it just can tell like with VLC when you move to fullscreen how it gives you the notification (reg. HDR)

5. user1

user1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Mi25/IGP
    i'd imagine for things like auto-cad hbm is probably still pretty useful since you can pack more memory on to a card, at 16gb per stack using 4 can net 64gb of vram (or more likely 32gb with 2 stacks), which isnt very feasible with gddr6 atm. Firepros arent likely to be cdna based since they are still mainly for graphics workloads (for now at least)