CD Projekt RED Announces Cyberpunk

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, May 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    CDproject red claims that people were complaining about the campaign in witcher 3 being too long... which is absolutely nonsense.

2. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    It's funny that people think a game being long means it's good, and that if it's shorter then another title... that's a negative.

Quantity does not equal quality.
    They didn't saw it was drastically shorter, half the length... just said it was slightly shorter then Witcher 3. And, really, in an open world game like this... people will have different playtimes.

TheSissyOfFremont likes this.
  3. DocStr4ngelove

DocStr4ngelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080TI Ventus3X
    Those ppl complaining about W3 being too long shouldn't have bought the DLCs maybe. Idiots.

lukas_1987_dion likes this.
  4. S.T.A.R.A.C.

S.T.A.R.A.C. Master Guru

GPU:
    HD 7970 3GB WindForce
    Actually in TW3 case secondary quests were connected with the main quest. Your task was to help some people/creatures in order to progress with the main quest.
    Btw, CDPR are the idiots here because they listen to them.

5. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    yea the side quests were a great mix of generic with story stuff hidden and some missions being like main quests with more involved ones, it made side questing 200% more interesting since you were not sure what you were getting off that job board after a bit.

6. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4070 ti TUF
    They have metrics before you all start going ballistic over these "idiots".

"Looking at the metrics, you see tremendous numbers of people played through that game really far but never made it to the end. We want you to see the full story, so we did shorten the main story, but we have lots to do.”

This is true for all games. Go ahead open up your Steam, pick any game you want, then go look at global statistics for the finished-the-game achievement. I didn't look at all mine but I could not find anything higher than 40%.
    Witcher 3 currently stands at 26.9% for finishing the game on any difficulty. It's abysmal.

7. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Read about the shorter main story too. I think that won't be that bad. But there's still a difference between e.g. 90 hours and 100, or 10 and 100... I absolutely don't see the appeal in 10 hour games for a full price. But here I'm fairly sure we will have enough side quests to sink in 100+ hours.

8. This is more like an excuse than an argument. Every story-based game has large amount of players who never finish the campaign. The solution is not to make the campaign shorter, but to make it more captivating and less monotonous. It also helps to have easy to remember control scheme, which makes it easier for players to return etc..

9. TheSissyOfFremont

TheSissyOfFremont Master Guru

GPU:
    3090 FE
    They've also said it's a much "bigger" game than TW3.

If the volume of content in this game worries you then I'm not entirely sure what would please you... I think the number of people who are going to play literally every quest available is tiny.

10. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    Not that i'm complaining but I have never completed Witcher 3 despite starting it over 4 or 5 times, while i also have the DLCs haven't touched them yet.

11. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    I haven't finished it also, I always get lost though with no idea what to do... the most recent thing I was doing was trying to fight a werewolf but kept dying over and over and then found I was meant to jump down a well and not fight the werewolf....

Although I must admit I haven't even finished Skyrim, despite still playing it.

XenthorX likes this.
  12. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    i did finish skyrim took me like 4 years. and that was not 4 years of play but VERY sporadic buggy buggy broken play.

lukas_1987_dion likes this.
  13. pusscifer

pusscifer Member

GPU:
    2x1080ti
  14. coc

coc Maha Guru

GPU:
    3060Ti
    again - i don't think TW3 should be played casually. my advice is to replay it and giving it your full attention. days\weeks, w\e your spared time allows it. i say it because i tried playing it casually like i did years with Skyrim for example and i always found myself - "hmm what was he saying a few days ago ? what was the Baron so angry about ? why is Triss hiding ?" and so on and on. when i gave the game my full time without taking long breaks i discovered that it's probably the best way for a full amazing experience. not too many games are like that so that is another factor i would tell people to take into consideration if they haven't played\finished TW3. when i moved from Velen\Novigrad to Skellige i remember i did take a break for a few days because the game is much longer if you decide to
    explore the maps and enjoy the open world. but if you start an area.. it shines when you play it without long breaks such as days\weeks. maybe CP is a different game, time will tell. i hope the story
    will be as mature and interesting as TW3.

DocStr4ngelove likes this.
  15. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4070 ti TUF
    Well W3 has an amazing player diary to keep you up to date. Skyrim does not. Even the quest log is pretty terrible.

coc likes this.

16. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 2060
    I finished TW3 and i've had many part-playthroughs, completed one of the DLCs, these days i play it modded.
    I wouldn't worry about CP2077, it's been in development for so long now and CDPR know how to make good game.

17. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    I cant believe some of you didnt even finished W3 yet, probably the best game this decade. You guys have something better to play? :p There is still time to do it until CP releases. ;)

XenthorX, fantaskarsef and coc like this.
  18. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    The hair physics look amazing.

19. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 2060
    I was planning another playthrough but then the Ray Tracing news broke so i'm ok holding off.

Undying likes this.
  20. coc

coc Maha Guru

GPU:
    3060Ti
    i did two complete full plays and now i am just messing around with my latest save to open the entire question-marks in the game. Skellige so far has been the most time demanding because everything is at Sea :) yeah i agree TW3 is one of the best games in this decade, but i feel like i won't be able to do another play RT or no RT because the game is really heavy for another full run.

cerebus23 and Undying like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.