Microsoft buys Bethesda

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by S.T.A.R.A.C., Sep 21, 2020.

1. TheSissyOfFremont

TheSissyOfFremont Master Guru

GPU:
    3090 FE
    I think theres a lot of room for interesting things to be done with first person fantasy RPG's/Immersive sims.

As popular as Skyrim was - how many games have we seen in the decade since that was released which looked to build on that?

2. S.T.A.R.A.C.

S.T.A.R.A.C. Master Guru

GPU:
    HD 7970 3GB WindForce
    I hope nobody will make another crap similar to Skyrim. Something like Morrowind or FNV, absolutely yes.

3. kapo

kapo Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1
    This is great news for us imo. Keeping these IP's away from Sony keeps them on PC. Apparently Sony was negotiating timed exclusivity for Starfield.

4. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    So the rational for your argument is it's great for 'us' because instead of being able to buy the game on ANY format PC, PS and XBox even if there is a timed release on the formats you'll now get to buy the game on just PC or XBox?

TheSissyOfFremont likes this.

5. TheSissyOfFremont

TheSissyOfFremont Master Guru

GPU:
    3090 FE
    AFAIK Sony's timed exclusivity only pertains to consoles - that's certainly the case for Deathloop.

6. kapo

kapo Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1
    Of the two companies in discussion here which one prevents their first party games from reaching pc? Yes, I think it's better that Microsoft owns Zenimax if that's your question.

7. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    No that wasn't my question, Bethesda game studio up until last week released their games on ALL formats. So that's PC, Xbox PS5 and Switch as of this week they will now only release their games on PC and XBox and your statement seems to suggest that this is better because it stops Sony from having a timed exclusive on a single game which is some pretty dumb stretch of logic.

Which company stops first party games coming to PC, would that be the same company that just released their first party game Zero Horizon Dawn on PC by any chance?