Crysis Remastered 8K Tech trailer

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Sep 16, 2020.

1. goat1

goat1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4090 Strix OC
    I agree, way too many kids posting. Tons of negativity for no reason. Maybe they should be out protesting in Portland.. :rolleyes:
    If you don't like it , don't buy it. My god! Just stop with the bitching! I hate all the bitching about peripherals with RGB also.. Just don't buy it and stop commenting on it.

eGGroLLiO likes this.
  2. JJayzX

JJayzX Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Trio 4090 W/C
    What people wanted to see in Crysis Remastered is what we got the first time around, bleeding-edge graphics making our computers melt and not getting max settings at 60 fps til a few generations later.

3. Dazz

Dazz Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX RTX 2080
    Looks a hell of a lot better than the console trailer that looked like 2007 textures with subpar reflections.

4. Reddoguk

Reddoguk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3090 GB GamingOC
    Worth a torrent oops i mean buy buy buy.

Undying likes this.

5. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    You like it so much, we get it! Stop celebrating something you like, we get it. You like it, so just buy it when it is released and stop commenting on it! :rolleyes:

Easy to say such things, yet, is always harder to contextualise the comments I have, other than what I said on the first page; which is that I want Crytek to break my PC, not be PC in their designs to appease the masses, instead of the master race.

Was it two weeks ago I said that Crytek is famous for creating a meme that showed their inability to lead when they should lead and follow when they should follow? Feels like a month these days...

6. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    Scum. If you don't like a game then don't buy it. Stealing it doesn't make you any better.

DeskStar likes this.
  7. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    Thing is we never got that in the few generations later. The game engine was built with single core clock speeds in mind with some very primitive dual core multi threading. Even 9900K's at over 5GHz and a 2080Ti can't run this game properly at 4K and its from 2007!

The game just needed a lick of paint, and porting to the newer cryengine where today's hardware can be used properly and people can enjoy the game for it being a game and not a glorified benchmark that it became.

This mode is for the "lulz" and the memes, everyone will try this mode and then quickly disable it.

8. Reddoguk

Reddoguk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3090 GB GamingOC
    Chill out man it was a joke i already own all Far Cry/Crisis games but i'm not paying again for a game i own. I'd rather just do without it.

9. DeskStar

DeskStar Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 3080Ti/3090FTW
    Had to log into my big boy 3960X 2080ti just to watch the video. 5700XT won't even do an 8K 60fps on a 3900X. Stop motion video for sure!!

10. DeskStar

DeskStar Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 3080Ti/3090FTW
    Go ahead and play that game on today's OS and hardware!

Like it won't even run! I'm pretty pissed at that aspect. Crysis 2 is stuck at 60fps and choppy as hell!!

11. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    Well it's out and it looks like crap and runs like crap too:

12. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    Cant see myself ever replaying this game. Remastered graphics not enough. For a 13 year old game, must remaster gameplay, combat, dialogue, re-write or re-do the shitty parts, ie, spaceship, aliens, cheesy north korean soldiers dialogue that consists of only "die yankee coward", etc. In other words, complete overhaul of the game needed to get me interested.

13. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
  14. Spets

Spets Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Hopefully now we can stop hearing about how amazing and performance/quality driven their inferior tech is by some of the members here.

Loobyluggs likes this.
  15. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    I'm starting to see the word remaster meaning just low effort cash grab, it's quite disappointing... especially when it's something I really like the original of.

It's kinda like an official mod that you pay for...... if that even makes sense..

16. Clouseau

Clouseau Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC AMP RTX 3070
    The fact that it was based off the console version is what makes this even more sad. One of the last games that was released as a pc exclusive. Rag on the original to hearts content. That kind of effort towards a game does not fit in today's popular quantity vs quality atmosphere. Utilizing the console version explains why it looks like a console port now. At least I still have the original on the dvd disk which still works and looks better in my opinion. If they bothered to improve the AI, I would have bought it and forgiven the graphical murder that was committed.

17. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    Tbh, for 30$ i would expect photogrammetry all over the place, landscape/geometry improved blending (like recent Battlefront/Battlefield games) instead of obvious old school rocks clipping into ground.

Not interested at all by this remaster.

18. itpro

itpro Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD Testing
    That is not a PC game anymore. It is a beautiful console's game for next generations. Whoever owns a PC and buys this, is a disgraceful individual with no meaning in life. Cash grab from victims.

19. OpenSystem

OpenSystem Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
  20. Andrew LB

Andrew LB Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080@2,025
    You've got some serious problems kid. Maybe it's time to take a step back from twitter and go get some fresh air. One of the biggest problems in society today are people saying "if you don't think like me, you're subhuman and worthless". Anyone Dehumanizing others over such a meaningless difference in opinion... i can't imagine how you view others over sh*t that really matters.

Seriously?

You got something wrong with your PC then. Runs just fine on my GTX 1080 + 10700K.

CanItRunCrysisTrailer.png

DeskStar likes this.