GALAX GeForce RTX 3090 GAMER Surfaces with a rather unique design

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Sep 23, 2020.

1. ACEB

ACEB Member Guru

GPU:
    Its great and all and I don't want to always sound negative but that 8k stuff just highlights the issues with gaming at the moment and that's how some stuff looks great and some looks awful and at that point you are no longer focusing on the great looking stuff as its getting ruined by a few other things on screen. What is good though is the current gen consoles and next gen GPUS for PC's we can't be far off the masses being at 1440p, It felt like a million years waiting for 480p up to 1080p and because of how crap most of the LCD's was it still looked crappy and you lost all the refresh rates lol

I'm just hoping something similar doesn't happen here with 4 to 8k, there needs to be a huge increase in realism of the whole screenspace and I don't think artists will be able to do it, it's probably going to have be procedural based off of real world tiles

2. kakiharaFRS

kakiharaFRS Master Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 RTX 3090
    ACEB you seem to like image quality, if you have an nvidia do you change the control panel settings ?
    Anisotropic Filtering 16x
    texture filtering - quality High quality
    Triple Buffering On

because I benchmarked for 2 days I had everything back to stock, redoing those tweaks I
    rediscovered borderlands 3, using FXAA and no motion blur, game looks incredibly detailed even at long distance you see all the small details in textures...it's a blurry mess by default

3. fry178

fry178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 2080S WB
    funny how many ppl here think THEY are the benchmark/to decide what is or isnt "ugly".
    its a different thing to say you dont like it/will not buy it.

how many of you (hetero) guys have something that is pink?
    so guess we need to tell all 7y old girls that they cant have stuff in pink,
    cause "I" dont like the color.

completely ignoring the fact that we have +7B ppl on this planet,
    and i expect they will sell more worldwide, then the amount of ppl in this forum will buy 3090s in total.

4. HybOj

HybOj Master Guru

GPU:
    Gygabite RTX3080
    If the TITAN cards were somehow considered a not ideal products for a gaming, than these 3090s GAMING are straight up for ppl with brain issues. I try to keep it civil here.
    3090 is absolutely and utterly insane product. TITANs at least had the PROdrivers, 3090 is a gaming cards with basic drivers, basic performance+10% and 1100 USD premium over 3080.

Fediuld likes this.

5. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    What do you mean by pro drivers? Titan had Studio Drivers for a while but all geforce cards have access to that now. The only thing that set the past few Titans part from geforce line, aside from slightly more performant, was the inclusion of TCC mode. It's currently unknown whether the 3090 supports that or not.

Looking at the past few Titans they have access to:

Game Ready Drivers
    Studio Drivers

There is nothing called "PROdrivers" and the following cards:

NVIDIA TITAN Series:

NVIDIA TITAN RTX, NVIDIA TITAN V, NVIDIA TITAN Xp, NVIDIA TITAN X (Pascal)

GeForce RTX 20 Series:
    GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, GeForce RTX 2080, GeForce RTX 2070, GeForce RTX 2060

GeForce 16 Series:
    GeForce GTX 1660 Ti, GeForce GTX 1660, GeForce GTX 1650

GeForce 10 Series:
    GeForce GTX 1080 Ti, GeForce GTX 1080, GeForce GTX 1070 Ti, GeForce GTX 1070, GeForce GTX 1060, GeForce GTX 1050 Ti, GeForce GTX 1050

Have access to studio drivers. So I'm not sure what you're referring too.

6. SamuelL421

SamuelL421 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 / RTX 5000
    I'm no paragon of good taste, but I think most will agree that Galax produces some ugly products. Just look at most of the HOF models - I do give Galax credit for daring to be different, however those cards are objectively ugly. Seems like Galax found its niche in producing these weird designs the past few years so more power to them for that. :p

7. Fediuld

Fediuld Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD 5700XT AE
    Amen.

8. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    Amen for what, there is no such thing as "Pro Drivers" ...

Can you show me this magical driver Titans had that 3090s don't?

Edit: Don't get me wrong. I think the 3090 branding is strange and the product should have been called a Titan. But no one is making a good argument here about the 3090 being a bad product in comparison to a Titan. His argument, as far as I know, isn't even accurate - as there is no driver that Titan has that Geforce cards don't.

As for the 3090 in the professional space - having 24GB of VRAM equips it for Video Editing/3D modeling tasks that a 3080 wouldn't be able to do. It takes the card and allows it to push past $5000 Quadros from the previous generation. By that comparison it's a steal but most people on this forum are not going to make that comparison. I think the 3090 branding was a mistake but the card has some purpose, to some people, at that price point.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2020
  9. Fediuld

Fediuld Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD 5700XT AE
    This is not what he said only. He said also that the 3090 is a 3080+10% costing +$1100 premium making it great product for the brain dead consumers.

10. SamuelL421

SamuelL421 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 / RTX 5000
    I don't think the 3090 is a Titan. Nvidia will release a Titan Ampere in a few months that has 24gb+ of HBM and the full GA102. The 3090 has 10496 Cuda cores and the full config of that GPU has 10752... I'm thinking Nvidia will release something bigger in the near future. Since 3090 has consumed the 2080ti price bracket (and added to it), the next logical brand/position is a new Titan card.

Also, 3090 is an $800 premium over the 3080.

11. Reddoguk

Reddoguk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3090 GB GamingOC
    Make it gold and then it's worth the 1500 they are asking for. :( 800 quid for 10% and 14 extra gigs of Vram. That's some expensive ram right there.

I'm tellin ya 3090 should be closer to £1000 especially if 3080 20gb is around £800.

Also can they make a 3080Ti even because it would have to have 24gb of ram too. I doubt anyone would buy a 3080Ti with 12gb of Vram.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2020
  12. ViperAnaf

ViperAnaf Guest

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3080 OC
    x2 the price for 15% performance thats a no buy for me....
    if you think about it pays out more to wait 2 years, sell the older 3080 and buy a new 3080ti - it will still cost you less than one 3090 and give your more performance...

angelgraves13 likes this.
  13. PTNull

PTNull Guest

GPU:
    I want nothing more than for gpus to go back to looking goofy again. There's far too much seriousness going on in the industry, there is more than enough room for out of left field shrouds like this card to exist.