GeForce RTX 3090 prices are starting to list at etailers

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Sep 22, 2020.

1. NCC1701D

NCC1701D Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 FE
    Checked out your specs. You must be itching to upgrade that 1080Ti? It's the only thing needed to complete that fancy new build. I challenge you to really practice what you preach and stop buying Nvidia altogether. 700 bucks is still an exorbitant amount to pay for a 3080. Hit them where it hurts and don't support them anymore. Really make a difference. Do it for the rest of us. Don't be an ahole.

In fact, most of your components are up there in halo territory. That means the increased prices don't necessarily match the performance you derived from them. You're part of the problem and you don't even know it! Oh and PC gaming isn't as niche as you think. It's a pretty big market.

AuerX likes this.
  2. icedman

icedman Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI MECH RX 6750XT
    I dont know how anyone even in this enthusiast thread can justify this level of pricing aside from people that also use their computer for work. I agree with neo to some degree that the only reason they get away with this is because people still buy it just like apple products they do it because they can.

3. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
  4. Tat3

Tat3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Ti Super
    If they can sell all the (RTX 3090) cards they produce at that price, then price is clearly not too high.

I'm not going to buy it at that price. 3080 is also a bit too pricey, something around 500€ might be good for the amount of gaming I do these days.

5. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    Well hey there you A+ comedian you. I intend on waiting until Oct 28 to see what Big Chungus Navi will perform like. As for my "halo product" specs, you're pushing the facetious act too far, it's nowhere near funny, we all I know I have nothing of the sort and that term is used only for outrageous luxury items relative to what's available at "normal"ish prices... like a damn Titan or 3090. I'm sorry to disappoint your boner for wanting to include me trollingly in the same category as your morals, but even if I had a single item of the sort... I got all my parts at significant discounts or even free. That includes the 3900X nearish to launch as soon as stock came in. The 1080 Ti is the closest I have to a luxury (pricey) item, but you don't want to hear what that cost me because you won't believe it. ;)

Instead of weakly/sarcastically trying to peck at me maybe you should reflect on why you're so mad for realizing your have the morals of a politician.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2020
  6. Maddness

Maddness Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Aorus Xtreme
    God damn, im jealous 8k OLED and 3090. Absolutely insane, in such a cool way.

Undying, XenthorX, AuerX and 2 others like this.
  7. NCC1701D

NCC1701D Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 FE
    You compared my habits to a multimillionaire lol and everything about my PC is more budget than yours except for the GPU which I picked up open box for 500 bucks out of pocket after selling my 1080ti. That's really great you were able to get free and discounted parts. I got some great deals too and spent wisely in my humble opinion. I still don't expect people to boycott products so I can get cheaper parts. You know that wouldn't work anyways, right?

I just find it funny that you think I'm this terrible person for not hating on people for spending their money how they choose. Purchases do not determine personalities. You're stereotyping and that is an inherently negative character trait. For what it's worth I have no intention of upgrading to any RTX 3000 series GPU, but to those that see value in it, it's their choice. Excuse me, but I must retreat now to my millionaire's mansion plotting my next halo GPU purchase to spite the little people.

8. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    You don't actually believe what you just wrote do you? Exaggerated would be an understatement. You merely reminded me of an event which happened and I thought you should hear it. Those are some big assumptions and hyperbole there with "thinking you're a terrible person", etc. Big difference between being an ass due to not caring about an impact an action has on others, vs outright being a bad person. I actually believe you're upset because what I wrote made you reflect and you didn't like that, but we're clearly not going to agree on anything so let's leave it as is. If you want to get that juicy 3090, then get it, if that extra 4.7%-11.2% performance is worth $800 USD, empowering nVidia to continue their BS, and some potential taunting from any PC enthusiast friends you have... to you. Don't get as mad at them as you are at me though.

9. NCC1701D

NCC1701D Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 FE
    Trust me, I'm not mad. I just don't agree with your view. A 1500 dollar GPU is expensive, but it's not an unattainable product that only the super rich can afford like you're making it out be. It's 900 dollars more than a 3080, which is a lot, but there are enthusiasts out there that make a normal salary that might still want it even if they have to save up for some months and be thrifty in other areas. Best price to performance decision? No, but I think everyone has that one thing they'll spend more money on than they need to because it gives them enjoyment. Doesn't make them bad people. The great thing this hobby is that you can still have a great time without spending a fortune. And no, you're not entitled to 3090 performance for 3080 prices. This is entertainment, not necessity.

AuerX and insp1re2600 like this.
  10. ChisChas

ChisChas Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Suprim X 4090
    Wow, there are some angry people on this thread. Is school playground name calling necessary?
    I have completely 'out of date' EVGA 780's SLI and haven't put money in NVidia's pocket since 2013. Does anyone believe my not upgrading in the interim has made any difference whatsoever to NVidia's pricing policy?
    I would like to upgrade my gaming rig and that will include a new single NVidia graphics card because 1) NVidia & most game designers have given up on SLI which has until now served me well 2) AMD fail to competitively deliver, year after year at the higher end.
    I was thinking of a 3090 but not if it only produces an average of +10% for gaming. I'll wait until tomorrow when the 3090 reviews start to be posted and see but at the moment, I'm thinking the 3090 is way overpriced for gamers who cannot make good use of that 24GB of vram so an ASUS 3080 Strix OC will probably be my choice. I've no idea when my system builder will be able to allocate this ASUS 3080 to my new gaming system. I'll just have to be patient like everyone else.

11. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4070 ti TUF
    This is proof that if you just optimize your game fully, you'll get a bunch of free marketing i.e. Doom Eternal.

Maddness and angelgraves13 like this.
  12. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    Wait a minute, there's only Control and Death Stranding using DLSS here? So it really is a 8k60 ready GPU for Doom eternal and Forza Horizon 4 :eek:

Maddness likes this.
  13. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Black 6950XT
    The ones that can justify buying a 3090 are the ones who needed it for professional reasons or those who have a lot of money burning in their pocket and we all know that some gurus are in that situation, good for them.

ChisChas, AuerX and DannyD like this.
  14. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 2060
    Indeed, the hell do i care what a fellow guru uses to run his /her games?
    Lets just be happy with what we have.:)

AuerX likes this.
  15. FookDat

FookDat Guest

GPU:
    6950XT RD 2889/2498
    I have plenty of money laying around but I will never ever spend that much money on a GPU and I use mine for work, and gaming. That is why I stopped buying Nvidia and Intel for myself and clients with their super high price to performance ratio compared to AMD.

16. ChisChas

ChisChas Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Suprim X 4090
    Yes, good for them. Buying an expensive graphics card, an expensive car, hi-fi system, bottle of wine doesn't (normally) harm anyone else, why should anyone who can responsibly spend $1,500/£1,500 on anything have to justify it to someone else? Their $ or £, their business, no? Yes, I also think NVidia is out to make as much as any other commercial enterprise from its customers but isn't that what the business world is mainly about? If you adopt charity style pricing, how long is it before you go bust?

17. Silva

Silva Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual RX580 O4G
    If you can afford the 3090 but don't get the 3080 instead because its a much better deal and you don't want to support a company practice of trying everything to milk costumers: you're an asshole.
    Do you understand?

18. Silva

Silva Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual RX580 O4G
    I bought the Asus TUF B450M Pro. It has the same components of the Prime and has been giving me the lan disconnect problem reported online.
    You pay more for a name, in this case TUF, that means absolutely nothing. Long were the days that Asus used top Japanese components, now it's all trash.

19. ChisChas

ChisChas Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Suprim X 4090
    I believe that for gaming that an i7 still best v AMD? And what AMD gaming graphics card has equalled the top two NVidia cards going back several generations? I bought a Dell U2711 1440 27" IPS monitor 10 years ago for gaming so if I finally wish to upgrade my monitor now the 3080/3090 cards have arrived, which AMD card will match the NVidia performance with a 4K or widescreen 3K(ish) monitor?
    And before some of us work ourselves into a complete frenzy about NVidia prices, what about the prices of the top gaming ASUS monitors? Equally ridiculous? The ASUS PG35VQ 3440 x 1440 is £2,500 in the UK, the reviews I have read/watched are highly complimentary but all highlight the very high price. The AOC Agon version is better priced at 'only' £1,800..........
    I've had the same 1440 IPS monitor for 10 years, the same 780 SLI cards for 7 years, am I surrendering to NVidia or ASUS if I finally upgrade these two gaming components?
    I don't want a higher refresh 1440 gaming monitor, I would like a 3K widescreen or 4K monitor with a pre-overclocked refresh of 144Hz or better. Btw, the wccftech.com site is the only one that provides widescreen 3080 FPS alongside the 1440 & 4K ones.

20. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 2060