Crysis 1 remake (rumor)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Carfax, Aug 31, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Archvile82

Archvile82 Master Guru

GPU:
    ROG STRIX 4090 OC
    Apparently the console version has its issues, major bugs, crashes, garbled screen when enabling RT on Xbox ect.

2. OpenSystem

OpenSystem Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    KissSh0t likes this.
  3. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    You can tell just from the color of the green, top is the "remaster" bottom is the original PC version.

MaCk0y and OpenSystem like this.
  4. OpenSystem

OpenSystem Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    I like the bottom DX10 Rainbow :D

Where did it go?

Undying likes this.

5. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Guessing it's just something lost in translation with whatever tool they used to automatically translate the game over from the console version to be playable on PC...

This is just past the helicopter camp isn't it?

6. OpenSystem

OpenSystem Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    Its in the level RECOVERY just before you cross the field with the land mines and mounted 50 cal encampments, follow river.

KissSh0t likes this.
  7. sertopico

sertopico Maha Guru

GPU:
    Palit Gamerock 4090
    It's really hit or miss with this remaster. It's clear many things improved (the GI for instance does make a big difference in lighting quality) but they also did a great job with lighting back in 2007. I think the biggest problem is the color saturation, which makes everything look to plastickey, not to mention colors looking washed out during the night. It needs some further tuning.

8. coc

coc Maha Guru

GPU:
    3060Ti
    the colors in the top picture, particularly the rocks and the bright green reminds me the Sims. i already stated couple of times that Crysis was a mediocre shooter in my eyes but the graphics were stunning. now i follow some videos and posts on the new remaster and this is exactly what i expected. most people remember Crysis for its jaw dropping graphics on release, and for the same reason - the game is judged mostly for its graphics. i don't think this is a terrible looking remaster, i just see now it was super unnecessary when looking at it in 4K\full details. i can't talk about bugs\glitches because i didn't play it.. yet i can clearly see its a waste of money.

9. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    No one prefers that old greenish and grey tint of the original? It feels like you are really in the jungle setting compared overly saturated blue. It reminds me battlefield.

CPC_RedDawn and KissSh0t like this.
  10. OpenSystem

OpenSystem Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    I wonder what other features from the original DX10 version are missing in this Remastered version.

If it was ported from earlier consoles, it will have a DX9 foundation?

The rainbow was one of the things I was looking forward to seeing in this Remaster, until I got to where it was in the original and realized...

Crysis was 100% PC focus at the time, its a shame they chose the console? DX9 version to Remaster and then paste on a "Can it run Crysis" setting which is the resulting meme of the original PC release.

I do! "Rainbows" :D

Undying likes this.

11. S.T.A.R.A.C.

S.T.A.R.A.C. Master Guru

GPU:
    HD 7970 3GB WindForce
    If you bought it, it is your fault.

I don't believe to Crytek. In fact they have banned me from their discord channel for nothing - because of the argument about this corona nonsense. A video game company that pushes political agenda and ban people which disagree with that agenda??
    The idiot who banned actually me told me; we have banned you but you can still use our engine. Imagine this level of wickedness.
    But i have already ditched the Cryengine, before this drama.
    What a Crytek apologist, bahaha!

I'm just saying that this raytracing nonsense cripples performance in any game, especially if you use it for GI and reflections at the same time. But for some reason people ignore that.

12. itpro

itpro Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD Testing
    Oversaturated with a flat surface and nonexistent particles explosions etc. What a console game. No saturation, no interaction with game environment.

13. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070

Easiest give away is the remaster uses Crysis 2's "cloak" design. With the hexagon pattern over the weapons.

KissSh0t likes this.
  14. MarkyG

MarkyG Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4070Ti
    I'll use the dosh I was going to spend on this game to buy Serious Sam 4. Will revisit in 6 months or so. Perhaps it'll be less rough. One can hope.

CPC_RedDawn likes this.
  15. Duke Nil

Duke Nil Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080

16. Syranetic

Syranetic Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 4080
    Its my fault the game runs like crap?

Imagine thinking like that.

17. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Suprim
  18. Duke Nil

Duke Nil Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    man what a shame, seems like they'd be so much better off if they just started with the PC version in the first place. They probably thought they'd save time since the console version was already cryengine 3, but it was clearly a mistake.

Rule #1 with this type of thing should always be don't make anything objectively worse, that's the cardinal sin.

Plus there's no hope for performance improvements from stuff like DLSS since it's already CPU bottlenecked. They really screwed this up lol

ramthegamer and serbicu like this.
  19. jmmy23

jmmy23 Master Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4090 Palit
    Damn. I am getting drops to even 20 fps in second level when looking at big terrain. No matter if 1440P or 1080P or even V.HIGH or maxed. I have 9700K and 2080 ti

Is any way to improve fps?

20. S.T.A.R.A.C.

S.T.A.R.A.C. Master Guru

GPU:
    HD 7970 3GB WindForce
    So, they used X360/PS3 build to make remaster. No wonder it works like this.
    The consoles are priority, again.

Read again my post.