RTX 3080 OUT OF STOCK FROM NVIDIA UK

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Killersjp, Sep 17, 2020.

1. Supertribble

Supertribble Master Guru

GPU:
    Noctua 3070/3080 FE
    Well, that is disappointing as I need some relief at 4K. I think I'll play through Cyberpunk 2077 on the Series X first. 30fps isn't what I wanted but at least on the console it will be a proper, smooth, 30fps. I have my eye on the TUF OC 3080, the build quality seems good, the metal shroud for example was a surprise, and the design isn't overly 'gamer' and relatively understated.

2. scajjr2

scajjr2 Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus RT-6900XT LC
    Gamers Nexus on yesterday's debacle

My take is nvidia had all the same info Steve reported, went ahead with the sept 1 announcement and sept sales dates knowing they had nowhere near the supply needed for the demand they just created. They could have easily waited till Oct 1 for the announcement, launched all 3 of the cards in Oct which would have given them another 5-6 weeks of GPU production and still had their new cards in peoples hands before AMD even announced their cards at the end of Oct.
    Yesterday was totally nvidia's fault.

sam

Last edited: Sep 18, 2020
    HARDRESET and Darren Hodgson like this.
  3. Supertribble

Supertribble Master Guru

GPU:
    Noctua 3070/3080 FE
    Steve being overly preachy and perhaps forgetting his own audience, I could do without the 'accidental' spurts from his cryo thingy, too. Don't go full YouTube, Steve.

HARDRESET and Darren Hodgson like this.
  4. southamptonfc

southamptonfc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 OC
    Steve: "If you're mad that you couldn't by the 3080 then there's probably some other issues we need to talk about"

I really don't think not being able to get a card on day 1 will put anybody off from buying one at a later date and probably for a higher price.

Even if it does, stocks will continue to sell like hot cakes to the rest of the hungry consumers. Supply and demand...

Darren Hodgson likes this.

5. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Oh, there are already whiny crybabies swearing to buy amd and never nvidia again.

6. southamptonfc

southamptonfc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 OC
    They'll all have 3080s in 2 months. I swore I wouldn't buy another Asus card due to their terrible software but I keep coming back for that Strix cooler... Kinda wish I had grabbed the MSI Trio X though, it was there, I made the noob mistake of checking a review before clicking checkout :)

AuerX likes this.
  7. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    I collared Ebuyer working again last night around 11:30pm after pressing the preorder button and the process actually started!
    At that time the expected delivery date was 30th Sept, it appears I was just in time.
    Not long after it changed on the ordering web page to 30th Oct.
    Now it says the same as before the launch, "coming soon" which could mean in 2021 !

I managed to order a Rog Strix OC at uninflated price and feel lucky after what you reported.
    Good luck getting something nice.
    Ebuyer say this on each page, so if you find it cheaper, let them know.
    "Never beaten on price with the
    Ebuyer Price Match Promise"

edit
    Most strange, checking the webpage, they are now accepting preorders again for the Rog Strix OC and the price is normal, delivery 30th Oct..
    Grab a potential bargain @ £850. The fastest card!

8. Supertribble

Supertribble Master Guru

GPU:
    Noctua 3070/3080 FE
    £250 over the price of the mythical FE. Think I'll pass.

Darren Hodgson likes this.
  9. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    £200.
    I reckon it will be about 10% faster than the FE once both are user overclocked.
    The stock gaming boost clock on the Strix OC is the fastest of all cards, 1905MHz and 1935MHz in OC mode (not user clocked, it has 2 onboard bios chips), and it will be a lot quieter.
    Makes a lot more sense to get this rather than one with inflated price.

Only the fugly looking Palit was £630, and their cooler decorations block incoming air!

10. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    Told you so. Most of you won't be able to get one yet, even if you want to. "Others" were buying them by the pallet.

11. Stormyandcold

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    The Pascal launch was exactly the same, except it only took 2wks to get my card (2nd batch). I fear this product is being snapped up by rich investors direct at the factories/warehouses.

12. vf

vf Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATi Radeon™
    To achieve what? With all the things to make crazy money for rich investors, surely graphics cards cannot be in their minds...

OcUK is completely dead again as of right now. Crazy.

13. Stormyandcold

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    Mining is a thing, especially in the Far East where this stuff is made....

14. The Don ......

The Don ...... Guest

GPU:
    5700XT
  15. The Goose

The Goose Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Rtx3080 SuprimX
    The funniest thing happend today....yesterday i contacted one of the sellers that was asking 6,500 and I told he`d made a mistake in his listing....he replied..... definitely no error in the listing.....well today he relisted the 3080 for £1450, still a stupid price given he`s only paying £540 for it.

16. Steppzor

Steppzor Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 Ventus OC
    Might be due to does redditor trolling scalpers by bidding huge so no sane person overbid that and buy it. I think one person on reddit created a bot that constantly searching ebay and making insane high bids just to troll them

17. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 2060
    We've no chance against these bots, until the market is saturated with 3k series we'll have to put up with this.

18. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 2060
  19. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    So the GeForce.com site now shows Buy Now for the RTX 3080 here in the UK but when I click on it in either Edge (Chrome) or Firefox it just shows a box with the name of the card in it and does not progress to the actual checkout process.

Is this the same for everyone else? How come NVIDIA cannot get their website working properly? So frustrating!

*EDIT*
    So the card is still out of stock but NVIDIA have decided to show the card as available to buy now even though the button does not work. All I can say is that I am very glad the people who design their website do not make their cards...

Last edited: Sep 19, 2020
  20. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 4070