Sony PlayStation 5

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by tsunami231, Apr 16, 2019.

1. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    better be quality psu not some crap psu like the ps4/pro uses.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/n...ge-library-of-the-best-ps4-games/1100-6482274

some one explain this to me ? i dont get the point, bunch those game we got threw psn monthly give away, which IF we got them and there ps4 game are playable on ps5 why is this thing? I can see the point if you never had psn sub but beyond that. it not "benefit" for existing users as we are already subs. I starting to question sony idea of PS4 game will play on PS5

2. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    I haven't played any of those.... The games listed will be enhanced for PS5, I think. So better frame rates and stuff.

3. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I managed to pre-order a PS5 for £449 here in the UK from Amazon before they quickly sold out. I thought Sony would be announcing a pre-order date like Microsoft but instead pre-orders went live pretty much to everyone's surprise and annoyance.

Oddly, Amazon only list Ubisoft PS5 games and do not currently list Spider-Man: Miles Morales, Sack Boy Adventures or Demon's Soul, which are the three games I want with my console at launch. The Ubisoft games I will likely pick up for my PC if I can manage to get hold of a GTX 3080 this year.

4. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    That's the thing. Once they got your money, you can F off. Nothing special for people who have been with them for years.

5. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    Well i was only interesed in the PS5 for PSVR2, but with those new game prices of £80 a pop i think Sony and MS just lost a customer as in no way would i ever in a billion years buy into any systems that were charging £80 for their games, hell i won't touch Nintys switch because they are selling U ports for £40, so i will keep my loud Pro and my XBX and possibly just grab a GTX3070 when they are availble.......but £80 and upwards for a game, they are having a laugh. lol

serbicu likes this.
  6. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
    This trend will become industriry wide pretty soon, mark my words..

7. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    ^^I mean £70/80 for the standard edtion, then another £30/40 for season passes, then more cash for DLC and MT added into the game after you bought it......gaming industry is just trying to be funny at this point. lol

8. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    Or you could play games not on release day. games have been heavily discounted throughout their never ending sales lol

H83 likes this.
  9. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Suprim
    true that, but discounting from 60 euros is something else entirely, as coming from 80 euros :D .... you kinda still pay the almost FULL last gen price (at 30% discount you still pay like 56 euros)...not happy with this...I might not even buy a console for now...

XP-200 likes this.
  10. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    Or just download and play the games you get free with PS+ once you boot up the PS5. Or there is always free to play games.

11. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    Yeah, i was all up for these two consoles but with these new £70/80 as being the new standard for the new consoles a new GTX30xx card no longer looks that costly in the long run, and yeah discounts from £80, here is your cheaper old game for £60, enjoy. lol

But on a postive winter is coming so i can put my Pro back to CB4k, so that's something, but i will somehow struggle on through these difficult times with just a Pro and XBX, keep me in your prayers. lol

serbicu likes this.
  12. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
    As I said, expect this to become the norm, meaning PC too.

13. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4090
    I remember having to pay £74 for N64 games back in 1997, fact is the price of games has been relatively static for the most part and it’s really not hard to get games well below the RRP.

Even looking at the limited amount of PS5 titles on Amazon right now, the base games aren’t even close to £70/80

14. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    AAA games cost millions to make and span over 100 people, taking years to get to gold status. It's understandable.

15. k3vst3r

k3vst3r Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KP3090
    Annoyed at how pre-order was carried out, I was refreshing major retailers from midnight an just kept saying tomorrow. I signed up for alerts beforehand and nothing was sent from anyone, appears some of retailers went live at 2 am by time I woke up everything was sold out everywhere. Pretty annoyed by it all.

Serotonin likes this.

16. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    That is what I done now for majority of games it extremely rare I willl pay full price for game, now if game become 80$ pop I will just wait till it 19$ like usual do. I bet you pc game will still stay the same price though just like the last time console game "went" up in price and pc game especial pc verison of console game still remain the normal pc price

Last edited: Sep 18, 2020
  17. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 8800 GTS 640mb (600 core)
    I'm surprised a majority of game's have stayed under the 50 mark considering how much effort is put into modern day aaa game's

18. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    Gaming has been a headache with the rogue pre-orders of PS5, followed by the bot infestation of RTX 3080 purchasing....followed by eBay scalpers for BOTH. I hope Xbox Series X pre-orders aren't the same. If I can get a pre-order for one, I'm ignoring the 3080/amd variant and letting my PC age for a few years before giving it a try again. I need a break. Console "just works". Been gaming more and more on the PS4 Pro lately. proper HDR over PC really pushed me over and now, you see DMC5 remaster? Ray tracing for console versions only? I can see this BS marketing as something that continues and PC gets snubbed.

https://www.dsogaming.com/news/devi...tracing-are-not-coming-to-pc-because-reasons/

19. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    like said PC game have pretty much stayed 59$ for very long time long since before cosnoles game became that price. and they still that price but console game develops are saying it cost more, they it so people go long with and prices riasie and next gen down the road the game price go up again. soon later prices for game will go back to 100$ or more like neogeo game. and neo geo failed hard cause of prices for games..

I mean give me break cost more? they nickle and dimming people with DLC and micotractions every chance they get and been going to bank with that GTA5 go check out how much they made off micro transactions since the game launched . they dont need to increase the price initial game purchase, they just want to too see if people will go along with just like MS decided Online play on console is reserver to people who sub to xbox service, people went along with and so sony follow suit. mean while online gaming on pc side is free and always has been short of being a MMO

Last edited: Sep 18, 2020
  20. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    From what I've heard the prices will decrease next year, or once more games have been released. Third party games can be any price of choosing.