RTX 3080 OUT OF STOCK FROM NVIDIA UK

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Killersjp, Sep 17, 2020.

1. Killersjp

Killersjp Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 3090 FE
    Something odd here. was clicking refresh on the Nvidia store page with Notify Me shown, Then Out Of Stock. Did they really have any???

2. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 2060
    In the uk it's still saying 'notify me', also the ebuyer shop is still saying 'coming soon'.
    Edit: yes uk FE out of stock.

3. Killersjp

Killersjp Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 3090 FE
    Don’t believe they had any. Site didn’t jam up or go slow. If anyone in the UK got one fro Nvidia UK please let us know

4. bst857

bst857 Member

GPU:
    RTX 3060
    What happened for me is it went in this order:
    1. NOTIFY ME
    2. OUT_OF_STOCK
    3. NOTIFY ME
    4. OUT OF STOCK
    So I never saw an add to card button at all. Also it was saying "Notify me" from 2PM (BST) for quite a while. So yeah a bit strange.

5. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Yeah, just checked now and it shows Out of Stock for me too.

I would happily pre-order an RTX 3080 so that I am in the queue for one but you cannot even do that which is absurd really. As long as they do not charge you until they have stock and are about to dispatch it then I have no problems at all with pre-ordering and waiting.

Noticed that the Scan website has also crashed.

By the way, can you only buy the Founder's Edition cards from NVIDIA now? I seem to remember that with previous generations EVGA, ASUS, etc would also sell reference/FE cards but now I only see (ugly, IMO) third-party cards on Scan, Dabs and EBuyer etc.

P.S. It would not surprise me if NVIDIA sent out most of the available RTX 3080 stock to reviewers...

6. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 2060
    I find it shocking these popular online hardware sites didn't spend a bit more this month on their servers, so disappointing.
    And for those folks that sold their cards weeks ago, i just hope they get stock soon.

7. Whiplashwang

Whiplashwang Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 PNY
    Newegg kept giving page error codes but I finally saw an RTX 3080 MSI Trio. I hit ad-to-cart and by the time I got to my cart it said no longer available. I was also refreshing a window on the Best Buy's page for the FE and it said coming soon and after constantly refreshing the page it change quickly from "Coming Soon" to "Sold Out"... I didn't even see the option to purchase! Oh well. Probably better to wait and see if a 20GB model releases anyways if I can even get that one.

8. Killersjp

Killersjp Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 3090 FE
    That’s what I mean. No crash on Nvidia site. All ran smooth apart from instant out of stock. Guess I will get my gaming tv first until they get some in stock. I prefer the FE card so will wait. On the plus side hopefully will be able to see some 3090 reviews before spending the cash. He he

DannyD likes this.
  9. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I read somewhere that getting an RTX 3080 in 2020 is going to be near impossible for many. I guess I should not be too disappointed as I really need to build a new PC first anyway but was not planning to until the AMD Ryzen 4000 CPUs come out.

10. NewTRUMP Order

NewTRUMP Order Master Guru

GPU:
    rtx 3080
    Don't fell bad, here in the U.S. I had Best Buy, Nvidia site, and Newegg pages open refresh like a mad man. Never showed any change from coming soon until it showed out of stock, except for the Nvidia site which never showed buy now, or out of stock or gfyourself just stayed notify me! So much for a new build................

11. afonja

afonja Guest

GPU:
    RTX 6969
    I had the same experience - was on the website 15 minutes before hitting F5, there was no problems with loading it. At around 2:02PM it switched from `Notify me` to `Out of stock`.

What I also found, if you are in the `Shop` and type in the search box anything, hit enter, then press `X` to clear the search box the `Buy now` button appears. Pressing on it opens an empty pop-up.

NVIDIA also uses DigitalRiver to manage their shop so all the products are stored on their servers. I have a bit of experience in software engineering so after reading their API I was able to access all NVIDIA products that they sell on their website directly to the customers.

Now, I looked at all the products using the API the day before and it had 339 items in total. No new products were added between then and now, still shows 339 and RTX 3080 is not there.

You can look for yourself using this link (14 pages, 25 results per page - to access different page change the number after `pageNumber=` in the URL)
    <removed>

So this seems like a hoax by NVIDIA, they never planned to sell FE to end users, they were only meant for reviewers.

UPDATE: RTX 3080 has now been added to DigitalRiver catalog

Last edited: Sep 17, 2020
  12. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 4070
    NVIDIA CZ - out of stock, ALZA.cz got 12 pieces, sold in 20 seconds, no luck.

13. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Looks like the EBuyer RTX 3080s are up for sale here in the UK with the ASUS TUF Gaming one (with triple fans) listed at £649.98 for 22nd September dispatch. Shame the third-party cards look so bland and boring. The NVIDIA design looks so nice and different, plus their cooling may be just as good or better than many of these third-party cards, which is another reason I do not want to buy one of them.

14. RavenMaster

RavenMaster Maha Guru

GPU:
    1x RTX 3080 FE
    I'm pretty sure there was never any stock in any of the UK stores. None from Nvidia UK, Scan, Novatech, Ebuyer, CCL, Aria, Overclockers, Box - none of those stores shown stock at any point thus far and i've been refreshing their pages since 2pm.

This looks like a paper launch from nvidia

SpajdrEX and DannyD like this.
  15. bst857

bst857 Member

GPU:
    RTX 3060
    I think you can order them on overclockers and scan, its just slow.

RavenMaster likes this.

16. morninglightmounting

morninglightmounting Guest

GPU:
    HP RTX 2080 ti
    Same here, Was checking periodically until 14:00 then OUT OF STOCK then got my notification at 15:07 got exited again then same thing. checked ebay coz you know those b*****s will be flogging them 5 minutes later but no FEs up there yet

17. BladeRunner

BladeRunner Guest

GPU:
    Asus 1080Ti STRIX
    it was impossible to get any , unless you were hunting a specific site ,all of the usual big retailers suffered a huge defeat - this is 2020 and they didnt allocate for the demand on the servers , really pathetic (I am looking at OCUK, Ebuyer, Scan etc)

18. afonja

afonja Guest

GPU:
    RTX 6969
    4 SKUs were added to the NVIDIA's DigitalRiver catalogue for RTX 3080 just before the email was sent. All 4 are currently set as no stock, but maybe that will change?

Update: There is 1 SKU for each shipping country - (GB and IE), (FI and DK), CZ and PT.

Also, each SKU has a <maximumQuantity>1</maximumQuantity> attribute which means no one will be able to buy more than one

Last edited: Sep 17, 2020
  19. BladeRunner

BladeRunner Guest

GPU:
    Asus 1080Ti STRIX
    They are already up on Ebay as confirmed orders from the sites advertised - such BS.

20. afonja

afonja Guest

GPU:
    RTX 6969
    Cards are in
    upload_2020-9-17_16-6-36.png