AMD Radeon RX 6000 Series RDNA2 photos of the real deal

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Sep 16, 2020.

1. darktranq

darktranq Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1080Ti FE
    Please credit the original person who shared these photos...

2. half_empty_soul

half_empty_soul Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 3080 ti
    doesn't matter how it performs I will not buy a card with a red crap on it, that red line looks like a child's design

3. lukas_1987_dion

lukas_1987_dion Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Phantom GS
    ^ Lol, cuz we buy GPU's for their looks.. xD Or maybe you want green line? :p

Dragam1337 and Undying like this.
  4. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    The line/text being RGB would make a few happy.

5. half_empty_soul

half_empty_soul Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 3080 ti
    plain black would make me happy, i dont need rgb the same way i dont want a red crap in my rig

6. Wolfskin07

Wolfskin07 Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti
    The red accent as long been a defining trait in AMD's lineup of GPUs and is far from being crap! If you don't like it then don't buy it, it's as simple as that :) Or buy a custom card once they arrive in the market if it suits your taste/needs.

Such drama queens these days...

7. Mpampis

Mpampis Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 5700 XT 8GB
    Why would they block the I/O port bracket?
    Doesn't that prevent some hot air from exiting the case?

Kaarme likes this.
  8. Maddness

Maddness Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Aorus Xtreme
    If you look at the card from the top down, the fin stack is vertical. They block any air from escaping out of the I/O bracket.

Kaarme likes this.
  9. Biały Wilk

Biały Wilk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte Radeon HD 7850
    "The photos are an angled shot of AMD's upcoming Big Navi. You can once again see the dual-slot, triple-fan cooling design and some funky stuff going on at the fans, a bit of a well .. webbed idea? If you allow me to post a personal note, I don't find it to be a very sexy design. I mean IMHO it looks like a card design from years ago. Weird shiny trims, the red line at the top, no? Aesthetic taste is such a subjective thing though."

Then your aesthetic taste sucks. This looks like a good cooling and nice design. They dont reinvent the wheel like NV with 3080. Three high preasure fans without getting air on my cpu that's what I want.

Dragam1337 likes this.
  10. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    Looks blocked to me

[​IMG]

11. Maddness

Maddness Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Aorus Xtreme
    Yeah, but if you look at the fin stack, having it open would make no difference.

MonstroMart and Dragam1337 like this.
  12. Clouseau

Clouseau Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC AMP RTX 3070
    [​IMG]

Given they copied the cooler, and Nvidia overcharged for the series with the same cooler, does it mean AMD will overprice their upcoming gpus as well? It has to be overpriced even more since they added a third fan to it. Or is it two fans are premium and a third just cheapens it?

Last edited: Sep 17, 2020
  13. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    Eh?

14. Kaarme

Kaarme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070 FE
    I was complaining about the same thing some posts above yours. It's one definite reason why I wouldn't buy this card. It's a design flaw, plain and simple. But then again, I've always bought custom cards anyway, so nothing changes, regardless of if it's AMD or Nvidia.

Edit: I'm actually realising that many if not most custom models might have the same heat sink fin orientation, even if they did have a grate at the back. So, basically the grate would be for show only. How insane.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2020
  15. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900xtx Black
    Dont care if I just bought a 5700XT, I want and am getting this.

16. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Dont do it man. In a month you'be wishing you got a 6700xt.

Dragam1337 likes this.
  17. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900xtx Black
    Of course it won't be till after benchmarks but i have a buyer for my 5700xt and just sold my Vega 56 for $280. if i get this.

18. Reddoguk

Reddoguk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3090 GB GamingOC
    If they can come close to a 3080s performance and cost less and need less power like say 250w then i might get my first ever AMD gfx card but they need to have at least 12gb+ Vram as well.

By the look of this card which like others have said looks really good to me apart from that backplate. Maybe the backplate is fine because these cards might run cooler than expected.

I'm 100% upgrading to 570X and a new AMD 4700X cpu so making a full on AMD system for the first time. I worry about AMD gfx card drivers but that's probably just a personal thing with some of you saying they suck and others saying the drivers are fine. I don't know because i've never owned an AMD gfx card before.

19. I_Eat_You_Alive

I_Eat_You_Alive Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 10GB
    I could care less about aesthetics. It is going to be in a case with no RGB and it is under my desk hidden away. I am only interested in cold hard FPS at 4k and the thermals. Power is cheap so I could care less if it is a 300w card as my case has a optimized airflow that moves the hot air from the video card out so it never reaches the cpu/vrm area (3d printers are great for making heat extraction tunnels). If it beats the 3080 I bought this morning then the 3080 will get relegated to one of my spare systems. If it falls flat on it's face and does not compete with the 3080 then it will be one more for someone else to buy and enjoy. ATI/AMD drivers were horrible for roughly 2-3 years but they have stepped up their game in the last 6-8 months and are starting to look like they really care for once. If they stumble on the launch drivers for the 6000 series it will just hand additional sales to Nvidia. Nvidia has had its fair share of driver issues but they are relatively infrequent and they remain consistently decent. Nvidia has a penitent for letting simple fixes to games stagnate for far to long and AMD/ATI fixes things within 2 releases but they tend to break more things in the process. Basically drivers are a grey area for both companies. I have a mix of both AMD and Nvidia cards so I do not play favorites with either camp. I buy what works best when I need a card. I bought a 3080 just because I was curious if it really is that much better than a 2080ti; time will tell. Well, back to pounding this 3080 in to the ground to see what it is made of. I really hope they can pull a Ryzen feat with the new 6000 series.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2020
  20. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900xtx Black
    ok there. Some on here just are mental.