PlayStation 5 launches in November, starting at $399 for PS5 Digital Edition

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Sep 17, 2020.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. EngEd

EngEd Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3080
    Well, looks like its going to be a nice purchase later this year/next year. PC with RTX 3000 series & gamepass + a PS5 for those sweet PS exclusives. No need to get Xbox Series X then.

ACEB likes this.
  3. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    £70 is a lot for game. Eek. I do feel sorry for the ones buying the digital version because of the initial saving. They really could milk digital sales here even more than they already do. We have to wait and see.

GSDragoon likes this.
  4. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Why does FFXVI have to be a timed release?!!!!!!! I'm most likely not buying a PS5 so I don't want to wait even longer!

5. ACEB

ACEB Member Guru

GPU:
    I'm going to get that cheap PS5 version, its really a great deal if you only intend to have a few games like myself

6. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    The time when a brand new generation console costs less than a midrange gpu for a pc.

nikobellic, DeskStar and XenthorX like this.
  7. fry178

fry178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 2080S WB
    @Undying
    like many other things, its not the hw that makes the money.
    and unless im mistaken, none of the component makers from your pc, make money when you buy games.

XenthorX and Undying like this.
  8. EngEd

EngEd Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3080
    Well, you have those people who owns alot of PS4 games on blu-ray discs which want to play on the PS5. Those are not going to buy the digital version for sure, unless they sell all the games.

9. Glottiz

Glottiz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 3080 OC
    All the best PS4 games will be included in Playstation Plus Collection for PS+ subscribers, so most of these discs people been hoarding will be useless. Also, no one is forcing you to sell your PS4, you can keep it and it will play your entire library that you have now.

I'm glad I moved on from slow and old optical media and don't have to deal with this nonsense any more. Cheaper PS5 for me it is.

10. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Thats true. There is many more cheaper games and free games on the pc but still building a pc today is troublesome and expensive for many and be rather buying a console. Plug and play for 399$.

fry178 likes this.

11. Ricepudding

Ricepudding Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Personally pre ordered the disk version, if I wasn't so into movies and other media beyond gaming I would of been happy to pick up the digital but can't lose the disk drive.

Got confirmation email so hopefully I do get one, it seems to be out of stock now everywhere

12. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    Incredible value tbh.

Brasky and Undying like this.
  13. kapu

kapu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 7800XT
    So powerfull console costs less than mid range GPU. That will work great for PC gaming ....

14. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Black 6950XT
    The same price as the Xbox, good. But i want to see the console first and i want to read some reviews before making a decision. And the games being release are few and weak so no rush.

15. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asrock 7700XT
    I'd argue the main reason for the price is mass-production. The motherboard is as simple and small as it needs to be in order to remain functional. The cheapest components are used to make it functional and reliable enough to last about a decade. Mostly everything is soldered to the same board and manufactured in the same few facilities.
    These alone can make a big dent on lowering the price of the hardware.

fry178 likes this.

16. DeskStar

DeskStar Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 3080Ti/3090FTW
    Get what you pay for.... I'm paying for a 3090 and whatever comes after.

I might get a system. When they're on sale for a hundred cheaper...

17. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    To be honest you can't argue with these prices and the hardware you are getting.

Very good pricing, and Microsoft basically giving away the consoles with the sub model. I was honestly expecting them to go super high on these at around the $600-$900 range but offer a sub model to make the sub model seem even more compelling.

Game prices do seem high though, I remember when SNES games were £59.99 back in the early 90's but people seem to forget about that. Then for some reason game prices dropped and PS2, GC, XB games were around 29.99, then PS3/360 games were 39.99 then PS4/XB1 games were 49.99/59.99 and now 69.99 for a new generation.

I don't mind it for games like Spiderman Miles Moralise Ultimate edition, as you are getting two games in that package. But I do feel like 69.99 is a lot especially for todays world and current situation of a lot of people.

H83 likes this.
  18. Kaarme

Kaarme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070 FE
    A discount game 50% off would still be 40 euros. That's brutal. I hope they won't try these prices on PC.

19. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Black 6950XT
    Agree. I also expected higher prices but 500€ for the hardware provided by both the Xbox and the PS5 is a great deal, almost a steal compared to PC gaming components!

As for the prices of games they are steep! Good thing i buy most of my games on sale but still...

Anyway, i know sooer or later i´m going to get a PS5, now the question is when.

20. k0vasz

k0vasz Active Member

GPU:
    nV GTX1060 6G
    yet I'll still go with an RTX30xx card (RTX3060ti, most probably), as this 80EUR/game price is just batshit crazy to me

Undying and Loobyluggs like this.