Review: GeForce RTX 3080 Founder edition

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Sep 16, 2020.

1. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 4070
    Yeah, me also with my rusty i5-10400, so as long we don't hit VRAM limit, we should be fine :D

Lebon30 likes this.
  2. SatsuiNoHado

SatsuiNoHado Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080Ti FTW3
    lol..:D
    it is not that garbage consoles :cool: we dont actualy need them anymore as of today 2020 but stupid.. brainless.. money greedy.. lazy developers delayed.. faulty.. buggy.. crashy.. shamefull day 1 patchy.. unoptimized and s.h.i.t.t.y pc ports...:mad:

3. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    Wow

4. southamptonfc

southamptonfc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 OC
    I said most of the games I play ;)

5. Mundosold

Mundosold Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 FE
    I wonder if anyone will accept orders at 12:01am EST or if I will have to wait until 9AM EST. Have to get my F5 finger ready..

6. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    Just so you know I'm not a console fanboy. The last console I owned was an N64..

7. Thunk_It

Thunk_It Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus 2080ti Turbo
    Very excellent review Hilbert! I have to say that the price point-to-performance comparison is very decent.

8. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super

same here LOL
    hell am I going to do with the GPU that's 100% faster than my 2070S?? which I am STILL stoked about

9. Reddoguk

Reddoguk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3090 GB GamingOC
    I don't know if someone has mentioned this already but if the FE 3080 uses 340w then what on earth would a 3rd party OC'd 3090 use. 400+ Watts?

That is a true monster in the making right there for sure.

Maddness likes this.
  10. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    Winters coming so bring it on!

11. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    As always, Guru3d benchmarks are contributing to 3dcenter's Overall Average:

[​IMG]

12. lukas_1987_dion

lukas_1987_dion Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Phantom GS
    So if I upgrade from 2080 Ti I will gain 24% performance tops, lose 1GB VRAM, and GPU will take around 80 watts more.. uh uh not sure if it's really worth it tbh.
    Where is my 50-70% gain Jason?! :p

Last edited: Sep 17, 2020
    ZXRaziel likes this.
  13. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    Any1 not disabled in elementary math online?

:D

14. Francesco

Francesco Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire 4870
    Yes if you do the math this card will still be a little more efficient, but I think a new generation of GPU should bring more on efficency improvement, and absolutely not go over the roof with wattage (which is the case here).

If AMD shows up with a GPU 3x faster than this but consuming 1000 watts I would call it garbage, because no conscientious man would use that. Give me a resonable card.

That's just my two cents, I'm picky on efficency and I like my PC cool, silent and as eco as possible. I currently have a 1660TI which is just superb in that aspect, was hoping to move to 4K soon but if this is the requirement I'm not in, I will have to wait a generation more (unless AMD does things right this time, which I doubt).

15. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Why not? New games will come out that need the extra power.

You don't HAVE to wait for RDNA2..... You just have to wait for product availability and be willing to switch sides. And have the money, obviously... Waiting is really optional.

Maddness likes this.

16. StarvinMarvinDK

StarvinMarvinDK Maha Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 4070Ti 12GB
    Jayztwocents mentioned something about that in his video review actually :)

XenthorX likes this.
  17. Reddoguk

Reddoguk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3090 GB GamingOC
    Hey guys does anyone know if FE versions are GPU Gauntlet™ Sorted or something similar because i think GPU Gauntlet™ Sorting is a Gigabyte thing only but others may use there own sorting method.

Meaning they are all sorted for performance/temps/efficiency so the higher end cards like my GTX 980G1 and the newer AORUS cards has a guaranteed high ASIC Quality of 75-80% over all other peoples cards.

According to GPU-Z Power Consumption of my 980 G1 under full load only uses 140w and sits @ roughly 45% TDP. I'm not sure if FE editions are high sorted ASIC cards or not.

So basically i'm asking those with FE cards do they have higher ASIC than normal or not?

Mine says. - Your card's ASIC Quality is higher than 78.8% of similar GPUs in our validation database.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2020
  18. suty455

suty455 Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 3090
    A nice uplift performance wise but a little over hyped, however no denying it beats the 2080ti but only just, however it murders the 2080 which I guess is the direct comparison assuming there will be a Ti version as well.
    Am still waiting for AMDs new reveal though, the heat is not an issue as am liquid cooled and it will cope easily with the heat output but the power draw wow thats huge, can only hope AMDs is more efficient

19. wrathloki

wrathloki Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080
    I feel like I’m taking crazy pills reading all the comments saying that this card sucks because it’s only a 60% increase over last generation or 30% over 2080 ti. That all seems pretty good to me. It just seems like everyone is upset that it didn’t live up to the advertising in most situations. Come on guys, when is advertising for anything ever anything other than as flattering as possible for the product they’re trying to sell?

Another thing so many of you seem to be overlooking is RT performance. RT gains are considerably higher than rasterized gains vs 2080 and 2080 ti. Do none of you care about RT? I know I do.

AuerX likes this.
  20. Maddness

Maddness Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Aorus Xtreme
    Ray Tracing is one of the most important aspects of these next gen cards from both Nvidia and AMD. The performance will influence my buying decision for sure. That's my opinion anyway.

AuerX likes this.