AMD "Big Navi" RX 6900XT 14GB Leak

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by EL1TE, Jun 16, 2020.

?

Good specs?

1. Yes

6 vote(s)
    35.3%
  2. No

3 vote(s)
    17.6%
  3. What are specs?

8 vote(s)
    47.1%
  1. EL1TE

EL1TE Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080 SH X 2.1GHz
    Moore's Law Is Dead on Youtube posted a video detailing the specs of "Big Navi"
    Keep in mind he thinks the specs might be fake (if you only look at images).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 16, 2020
  2. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    [​IMG]

Now those are some fake slides.

Kaarme, moo100times, Maddness and 3 others like this.
  3. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    I also remember reading earlier that reference cards will no longer have blower designs.

4. holeindalip

holeindalip Member

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega64
    These specs and graphs might be right, that would put it really close with the newly released 3080....

5. ZXRaziel

ZXRaziel Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia
    Does seem like a fake info to me .
    Why do people bother with this crap ?

6. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Those are some odd looking graphs.

Interesting though. :)
    ~ 52% of 20 FPS at least means Borderlands 3 should hit consistent 30 too, ha ha. ~
    (Well the tweaked settings for even more visual quality of uncertain optimization and minimal graphical gains might not be what everyone is using. :D )

EDIT: As to ray tracing...does this go through Microsoft DXR only or pass through NVIDIA's SDK?

I mean if they're hitting near 50% performance for some of these effects AMD's being like 10% without the accelerating additional hardware seems ridiculous though and if these go through NVIDIA's SDK and API's then RTX isn't going to be on AMD GPU's for these games so that invalidates the entire thing.
    (It could be some smart solution to ray tracing performance without said hardware but that good performance? Doubtful.)

Last edited: Sep 18, 2020
  7. Morax

Morax Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Suprim X
    So a $1000 card, a weird amount of only 14GB of not-HBM RAM, and not really faster than a $700 card which might actually become physically available in two months from now?

Must be legit!

8. Maddness

Maddness Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Aorus Xtreme
    Damn and when I first read the specs, I was so excited. Now, I read it might be fake.

9. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Well AMD already announced October 30th as the date where hopefully a lot more info will be revealed about these GPU's (Early October for the new Zen CPU's I think it was.) so the September 30th date in these graphs is already a bit suspect as that's a month too early. :)

EDIT: Multiple reveals or additional info could still happen plus leaks of course but throwing out the 6900 GPU specs and performance way early seems a bit unlikely heh.

Maddness likes this.
  10. Maddness

Maddness Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Aorus Xtreme
    So true, but i always get a little giddy when new hardware is coming out. Just can't control myself. :D

11. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Yeah you never know, quite a bit of info about the Ampere series from NVIDIA managed to leak out early and closer to the reveal even stuff like the PCB and other images with the reveal and early info also confirming that some of the prior leaks were accurate. :)

Navi20 here has a number of info confirmed through AMD's Linux code submissions already though RDNA2 and how it scales and performance compared to GCN and RDNA1 is still speculative though I do hope AMD can compete with NVIDIA and that the estimated of them matching the 3070 and up is accurate although I expect some variance both from how the hardware itself scales and also how the various tested games or benchmark software manages.

Later drivers both for AMD and NVIDIA might also shift things around a bit as could game patches, sounds like Flight Simulator 2020 got a patch recently which pretty much invalidates earlier test results for an example of that or driver wise how the performance disparity between the 2070S and 5700XT have shrunk down though some games still see NVIDIA in the clear lead but then the usage of D3D12 or Vulkan can allow AMD to close in or even exceed in terms of overall performance.
    (Quite scalable for a mid-range card actually, bodes well for RDNA2 also long as the driver issues don't become a problem.)

12. moo100times

moo100times Master Guru

GPU:
    295x2 @ stock
    I also thought that 12gb and 16gb flavours of GPU were in the pipeline. Not sure where 14gb came out from.

14gb feels a much more Nvidia number...

13. Kaarme

Kaarme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070 FE
    This is as fake as it gets. Though at least the author put much more effort into it than those usual Twitter leakers, who merely type a few numbers they got from their (imaginary) sources in the industry.