Crysis Remastered 8K Tech trailer

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Sep 16, 2020.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Crytek has released a new trailer for Crysis Remastered demonstrating the wide range of visual upgrades and optimizations featured in comparison to the 2007-released original Crysis. Crysis Remastered...

Crysis Remastered 8K Tech trailer

2. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Cool but will this game make people buy 3090s in order to play in 8K like the 3090 is advertised for? :D

3. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6750XT/ MAC M1
    "Oh Lawd - 8k textures, yeah this looks alright now" - said some bloke with a 1080p monitor and alt-tabbed back to Fortnope.

mohiuddin, Undying and XenthorX like this.
  4. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    8k resolution on a 13 year old game?

*yawn*

Oh Cyberpunk 2077 is almost out!

al.gif

cryohellinc and Maddness like this.

5. Spets

Spets Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090
  6. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6750XT/ MAC M1
  7. itpro

itpro Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD Testing
    16K Dlss or Nvidia can go to hell with cheap 3090.

8. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    16k? What's life in 2030 like?

Last edited: Sep 16, 2020
    alanm and itpro like this.
  9. Clouseau

Clouseau Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC AMP RTX 3070
    The atmosphere of the original is all gone. All they have done is brighten it up where it did not need it and what a blurry mess they glossed over with the panning. All their time was spent on the nanosuit. The new rock textures on the beach are horrendously bleached out. Other than spending all the budget on the nanosuit and over saturating the colors in the jungle/forest, it looks just perfect(ly awful). Can hardly wait to buy it on the Epic Game Store: Epic's money well spent.

Pardon me, just threw up in my mouth a little. Really I'll be fine in a minute.

10. Dribble

Dribble Master Guru

GPU:
    Geforce 1070
    Something in the lighting is sucking out detail so like Clouseau says the rocks (which must actually be much higher res) look no better. Compare it to the UE5 demo where the rocks have so much detail. If you are going to redo crysis then it needs to look next gen not last gen.

11. itpro

itpro Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD Testing
    They advertise 8K gaming with dlss for every title with 3090 PCMREPEEN edition. So what about games with native 8k? Shouldn't they provide 16K capabilities? Is this the limit of their AI?

12. TalentX

TalentX Master Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX4090 AIO
    Another click-bait. At least that's how it feels watching the video.
    I don't see much difference. They added different shader, maybe better textures here and there (most textures looks the same). As I mentioned before in the other thread, this "mod" is nothing superior (any mod author could do the same, except for implementing Ray Tracing).
    This is by far not comparable with what they teased in the very first announcement video (last few seconds ahown of the Crysis 1 Korean Beach area in actual CryEngine 5).

13. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    DX9 never looked as good :)

Srsly, where is this "remastering" I'm hearing about? There is nothing in this that says 'new'.

Congrats Crytek, you have upped the polygon count (like opensubdiv was invented by you!) and what else? Global illumination...yeah, like that has been done before through math solvers on every other game engine, or through middleware by Enlighten. Well done. What else you got? Real-Time reflections? yeah, been around for a long time, nothing new. Anything else you are claiming you are doing which is ground breaking? Caustics....jeebies....more like a post processing filter over the image...anything else? DoF you say? wow, that looks....very badly implemented....and, is just a tick box in cryengine, and, all other game engines, and again-again, is just a post processing filter...

Long list of stuff, that has been around for many years - nothing new.

Gurus, don't misunderstand me, but I want cryengine to push boundaries, not stumble and fall at checkpoints. I want the very name of Crysis to cause mass panic attacks in HH's office!

This, does not even cause my heart to skip a beat.

jbscotchman and Keno34 like this.
  14. russ1

russ1 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970 Hurricane
    Get the same result with sweetfx

15. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4090
    Looks fine to me, so much negativity on these forums these days, seems like no matter what thread you click on it’s the same kind of responses, no matter how good anything is. :rolleyes:

Duke Nil, chinobino, geogan and 4 others like this.

16. DeskStar

DeskStar Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 3080Ti/3090FTW
    Who are you....

itpro likes this.
  17. DeskStar

DeskStar Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 3080Ti/3090FTW
    Yuppers..... Not so sure what's been going on as of late...

anxious_f0x likes this.
  18. itpro

itpro Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD Testing
    People are not happy just by watching their PC case and its hardware to smile and feel fulfilled in life. They need more things to live and experience bliss. :rolleyes:

DeskStar likes this.
  19. rm082e

rm082e Master Guru

GPU:
    3080 - QHD@165hz
    I found Crysis 3 sitting on a folder I forgot I had in a spare hard drive last week. I dropped it into my Origin client and fired it up. While the game still looks great, the AI and enemy animations feel ancient. I was done with it after half of the first level.

I can't imagine enjoying this game given how much more tech-demo-y it was than 2 and 3...

20. RavenMaster

RavenMaster Maha Guru

GPU:
    1x RTX 3080 FE
    It's looking better than it was in the first trailers that were released. But I will not be buying it if they make it an Epic Store exclusive.