Xbox Series X

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by WhiteLightning, Mar 16, 2020.

1. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Suprim
  2. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    After PS5's specs releasing yesterday, Xbox series X seems more powerful. But my issue is Xbox never has many exclusives. I'm not a Halo fan and that's like thier one big exclusive. Sony has all the 1st party stuff I like.

3. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Suprim
  4. Yep. I hope that will change a bit this gen and we will be back to the X360 era with more even competition.

Serotonin likes this.

5. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Got some AMD and nvidia engineers in the DX discord right now.

6. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Suprim
  7. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Suprim
  8. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Suprim

XP-200 and SpajdrEX like this.
  9. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT
    Specs for both Xbox Series consoles:
    Ms already confirmed the price for both.

[​IMG]

itpro and Ghosty like this.
  10. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    upload_2020-9-9_19-48-58.png

itpro likes this.

11. itpro

itpro Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD Testing
    Error above. Matches internal storage exactly it says. But XSS has 512gb internal ssd only. What now? What does it mean? You lose access to 512gb of expansion card? Or it sees 2x512gb partitions?

12. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    I made the decision that since I'm torn on going console only or keeping my PC going that basically, since everything is going to be hard to find for months it's whatever I can purchase first. If a decent gpu is able to be purchased, I'll stick with PC and skip this Xbox, if I can't get a gpu and can buy a series X I'll do it and give my PC a well deserved retirement after 19 years of being in that hobby.

Both scenarios end up with me getting a PS5 for exclusives though heh

13. UnrealGaming

UnrealGaming Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
  14. jarablue

jarablue Member Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4080 Black
    I am buying the series x 499$ and I might get a PS5 too. I have my gaming pc. And love that as well. Just buy what makes you happy and that you will enjoy.

You can game on both in my opinion. Nothing wrong with a dedicated couch console and then sit at a desk for pc experience. All good. Enjoy your stuff!

15. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    In the long run the PC will benefit because games on consoles running @ 4k will push the envelope in terms of horsepower needed to run them. PC gaming could do with more 4K enabled games.

16. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    Decided to go with the Series S myself, i tested 4K on TV and 1080p on monitor. I prefer to play on a monitor anyway, so 1440p is enough for me.
    For PC gaming i use Shadow and GeForce Now, i don't own a PC anymore it's getting too expensive nowadays.

I learned the passed year i can live without a PC, and the latency of cloud gaming is low enough to enjoy.
    Instead shooters like COD and BF i need lowest latency, and i enjoyed it so much with controller.
    Felt like a 12 year old again enjoying hours of COD. :D

Serotonin likes this.
  17. itpro

itpro Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD Testing
    Before you decide check my comments on the other threads. XSS is not even true 1080p/1440p, it cannot render 4k textures and downsample them. Xbox one X had and will have superior graphics clarity if you exclude RT, VRS and SSD because of enhanced titles.

Buying in 2020 a console weaker than 2017, is not what you call bang for buck. It isn't worth it 299$ but 249$. Xbox series S will have base games of one s. Xbox series x will have base games from xbox one x. Unless you only play games after xbox series release, you are at a loss before 2021.

It isn't even worth it to buy a single game for it. XSS is only for game pass subscriptions. If you play only those, it's OK. XSX is the true console this generation. Xbox one S was really bad compared to one X. One X is much better even in 720p/1080p than the one S. 4K is irrelevant.

18. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    Yeah i was going for the XSX at launch but what i might do is grab the XS and throw that next to the PC on the same tv in the bedroom, that way i don't need to move into the living room for the XBX, and instead can just fire up the XS while i am sat at the pc for some 1440p gaming and of course gamepass, and get the XSX when its been out a while, same with the PS5, i want to see these things out in the wild and working before i drop serious cash on the...........plus getting so lazy these days. Lol

19. itpro

itpro Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD Testing
    So you like Ray Tracing at 720p/60 and gaming at 1080p@120/1440p@60. 299€ for this? Lol guys.

You really don't love your money. Throw 'em away?

Do you realize that series x will show about a four times clearer image than xbox series s at the very same resolution? Twice the framerates in optimized games only for series x? You have mistakenly the belief x model is needed only for 4k. Not really, no.

You probably never owned Xbox one x and xbox one s to understand how all games are much superior compared to xbox one s. Xbox one s was and is a very ugly purchase. Xbox series s will share its fate.

If it was 199€-249€ I would sympathize. But 299 lol. WTF. I would really advise you to not buy anything...

20. slayer6288

slayer6288 Active Member

GPU:
    2080 TI
    four times clearer at the same resolution? you are a special type of retard huh