New Upcoming ATI/AMD GPU's Thread: Leaks, Hopes & Aftermarket GPU's

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by OnnA, Jul 9, 2016.

1. itpro

itpro Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD Testing
    4tflops of rdna_2 is weaker than 6tflops Polaris.

Do not expect much. I expected more from xbox series s, I didn't expect to be weaker than one x.

I feel very pessimistic about amd at the moment.

2. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Didnt they said 1440p/120 on Series S? Rx580 is barely doing 1080p/60.

3. itpro

itpro Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD Testing
    It cannot run xbox one x enhanced titles as stated officially from Microsoft, so. Something is way off. I do not even dare to think about series x optimized titles. Gpu must be very failed. Only cpu is worth it. It will upgrade gcn titles from old xbox one s only.

I really did expect to be at least equal to xbox one x. Also xbox one x can do 120@1440p. So Polaris can do this too, I do not think it was something special.

4. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080

5. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
  6. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    I have a hunch that My Crystall ball will be the most accurate :D
    2SKUc one with HBM2 and other with GDDR6 16/18GB

7. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Impressive, going by the summary AMD's confident about RDNA2 plus the leaked image showing a 80 CU engineer GPU and a 256 bit bus width could still apply but AMD's using a ton of cache memory for that bandwidth limitation instead.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/iqx4h7/rdna_2_is_monstrous_insane_cache_system/

Trying to push into and even over the 3080 was unexpected, potentially having a counter to NVIDIA announcing a 3080Ti as well under AMD's 6900 high-end model.
    Wonder if it's similar here with the 6800 or 6800XT as the flagship and the 6900 as something more of a enthusiast GPU like with NVIDIA and the 3080 and 3090 guess the reveal in late October will be what confirms what's true and what's just speculative and rumors. :)
    (Or a potential mid-November launch and the reviews and user feedback on the hardware once available for purchase.)

EDIT: Sounds nice though, good competitive launch between AMD and NVIDIA again if AMD can start around the 3070 performance level with their 6700 and scale up to match NVIDIA from that.

Though their cards are later to the market so the first two or so months assuming AMD can get their graphics cards out around November are going to be a bigger lead for NVIDIA as the 3070 is priced pretty competitive and is put as a 2080 performer (S? Ti? maybe just the regular 2080) so that's a big performance jump without the extra cost for the 3080 model.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2020
  8. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Best case scenario is 5700XT (Stock) x2 Performance for Big Navi.
    To be frank i don't believe for anything more, it is just not possible.
    Even 2x Navi is great, and thus it will be close to RTX3080 (30 games on HW Unboxed and 5-6 will lead rest is 3080 victory)
    This is very positive assumption, we need a real Leak from 4k Gameplay to know for sure :p (Like 3080 vs 2080Ti in DOOM E.)

Worst case scenario for RTX3080 is ~30% more than 2080Ti (all stock of course).
    Best case scenario is ~60% more than 2080Ti, also 2x 2080 is also possible (some games will do that leap)...
    IMhO this is very good uplift for the money.

Im on the market for GPU that can do:
    1. DX12 U (RT)
    2. 2x My Vega Performance
    All things consider, 3080 can do this ;)

Hype train is off the station *
    * (for me it will be when i got some Gameplay, nV show their hand now it's ATI time to do so).

Last edited: Sep 14, 2020
    pharma, Maddness and fantaskarsef like this.
  9. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    I feel if clocks are higher. And they havent done much in terms of improvements in Arch sure 2x5700xt stock is minimum. If they dont deliver that they failed big time.

10. Maddness

Maddness Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Aorus Xtreme
    There are some rumors doing the rounds of clock speed in the 2.2ghz. Still, its only a rumor though.

11. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    -- oops.. wrong thread...

12. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Smaller RDNa2 sure, but bigger die will have max 1900-2000MHz (Boost).
    That tW Curve tho will go sideways if You cross some tresholds.
    Look at 3080/3090 -> boost clock is ~1700Mhz ;) (now think about it at 2GHz lol).

13. So... correct me if I am wrong folks but it seems within the last 48 hrs a few things have happened. A few sources have leaked reviews of what people are referring to as "Big Navi" / RX 6000. I think where a disparity may be getting drawn is the lack of model/makes. Someone here may have checked further into if the leaks were complemented with specs that'd coincide with how we'd be able to tell if we're likely looking at ... RX 6800 or RX 6700 RX 6900 (if such things exist). Where I am going with this is - the initial one I think was placed at almost "just" on par with the 2080 ti - which kind of surprised a lot of people. Hell, even the upcoming consoles are more powerful than the 2080 ti and then some.

Leads one to wonder... were we looking at the "lower range" RDNA2? An "RX 6700" as it were? I'm starting to wonder personally. Time went on to another leak which placed "Big Navi" as the press referred to it "on par with the 3080 or right under it" this made me think "ok yes at least two models possibly like an RX 6800 too. I personally think AMD really needs to release something that beats the 3080 - at least. If they release 3 RDNA2 products - I hope their mid-tier GPU beats 3080 - this would place them at a better advantage in the long run regarding competing with NVIDIA.

There is the offchance AMD only has one GPU being released and whatever is being leaked has simply been tested by incompetent people with improper build/software configurations, a myriad of things could affect performance. The point is there's a good chance RDNA2 is in the game. People should really just stick to the embargo in my opinion.

14. Maddness

Maddness Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Aorus Xtreme
    Well I'm not sure how much stock I put in his rumors, but the latest Mores Law is Dead video hints at AMD having pulled the pin on the 80cu RDNA card.

pharma and Deleted member 213629 like this.
  15. Wow... how unfortunate. I've been wondering why the marketing department is so quiet ... :i Not saying this is why I've just been wondering and thinking "Wow Nvidia has their trajectory set" and it's unusual to have no response.

Can I just say what is the deal with the Radeon Technology Group? They are like another company in a company!

16. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    We don't know the facts, everyone can make rumours ;)
    What we need i stated earlier. Gameplay will do the trick.

I will be 80% sure that ATI don't have nothing to compete with 3080 if they not leak some hard numbers till 17 sept. (The day after reviews, when You can buy RTX).

If so i go for RTX, i was with ATI since HD5xxx, then 7xxx, Fury & Vega.

Deleted member 213629 likes this.
  17. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    As I said if they don't have anything they failed anyway. I've never been in one camp and never will. Yeah they should leak something to steal the thunder. Tho not like it's gonna be easy to get 3080 anyway :D

Deleted member 213629 and OnnA like this.
  18. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    For 3080 is also too much Hype IMhO. But it will deliver for sure (for me at last ;) 2xVega at 1440p)

I can predict the performance. From 20% up to 60% compared to 2080Ti. This is uplift i want :p
    Then in time i will consider better Monitor 32" 144Hz HDR-600 but i really want Mini-Led or some new Tech.... For now i will UV RTX (Yes You can shave off 60-90tW easy) and adjust Performance for my FreeSync 70-75Hz.
    Also i need to see if i can OC it better, on Vega i can up to 71Hz 10Bit or 74Hz 8Bit.
    So i have FRT at 70FPS (71Hz 10Bit Freesync) -> smooth as butter.

Note:
    Failed is a hard word, it's tech so not always we have gains as we want.
    That's how it is, ~2080s->2080Ti performance for 399€ will do the trick also for many :D (30-40% better than Navi and they have sales for sure).

Deleted member 213629 likes this.
  19. The_Amazing_X

The_Amazing_X Master Guru

GPU:
    Red Devil V64
    Im on the same boat.

The issue is we at 1440p play most of the game on Vega on the freesinc range of our monitores, so or we got something thats really loads better or there is no point.

20. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    1440p was good enough on my 5700 xt. But I ordered G9 so anyways I am hoping for AMD to deliver since that monitor is better used on an AMD card. If they don't well I am buying 3080. Not in a hurry tho I am making do with my 980.

Also yeah I would feel AMD not releasing double the 5700 xt a failure. Considering that Xbox Series X part already does outperform a 2080ti most likely or be in similar territory if anything is true.

Reason for bigger display tho is working from home and getting annoyed the f outta the 27" :D