AMD Frank Azor Trying To Say Something On Twitter Likely Big Navi (again)

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Sep 9, 2020.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Valken, SpajdrEX, Noisiv and 3 others like this.
  2. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    I've read this piece of news from several different sources but this is the first time I've seen it with such a fiery rage :mad:
    Frank better spit it out or else he'll hear it from our boss :p
    Word on the street says something will happen around midnight CET.

fantaskarsef likes this.
  3. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    its obviously rx 6000 related given the stupid fortnite tease.

4. Mpampis

Mpampis Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 5700 XT 8GB
    He looks kind of upbeat, despite the fact that the competition had a very good -paper- launch a few days ago.

5. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6750XT/ MAC M1
    We need real-life performance benchmarks from all of the sides. Up until then, it's all marketing.

Nvidia has a compelling offer, but I also want to see what AMD has to offer.

6. Gonandorf

Gonandorf Guest

GPU:
    Fury X CF
    I mean, I get that we're a bit info starved (due to a lack of rumors/leaks/official statements), but that was alot more angry than I expected anyone to be about a lighthearted 'tomorrow' teaser.

Regardless of that silly tweet, we're getting the info exactly when we'd have gotten it with or without the tweet so I don't see the need to be upset about anything.

7. ACEB

ACEB Member Guru

GPU:
    It seems the sun didn't shine for Hilbert this morning

8. Hilbert Hagedoorn

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    That's the kind of marketing stuff that I hate. What head of marketing posts lyrics from a musical written for 12-year olds?

Also, the MissGinaDarling was completely made up ... the girl is sponsored by AMD. And she 'found' an Easter egg? Give me a break.We've been hearing about Big Navi for a year now, and this is the stuff we are being fed.

Ah, perhaps I'm too old for this **** :)

Untitled-1.jpg

9. JamesSneed

JamesSneed Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    I kind of get it this is not how a competitor to Intel or Nvidia should behave. AMD really needs a real marketing department that enforces no social media news etc outside of that department. They have so much opportunity to do things like Nvidia did with pre-announcing or the little "leaks" that they let come out. Also seriously AMD run some freaking adds like, while Intel was inside we went everywhere from Xbox, PlayStation, PC, to supercomputers. This lack of proper messaging is sad.

10. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    Yeah it is like they are gearing the Big Navi cards Towards kids. That is the Vibe I am getting from AMD and their marketing.

11. Martin5000

Martin5000 Master Guru

GPU:
    8 gig
    Everyone knows AMD will loose the fps crown again. They will never defeat Nvidia not in my life time anyway.
    Im looking forward to the software i wonder what goodies they have for us.

12. Fediuld

Fediuld Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD 5700XT AE
    Relax is his PRIVATE twitter account not the corporate one. He can even put a political support there for all that matters.

Ofc tomorrow if nothing happens, due to the backlash someone should write to him

"Yesterday
    All my troubles seemed so far away
    Now it looks as though they're here to stay
    Oh, I believe in yesterday"

13. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    She gets AMD sponsorship and a year later she finds an Easter Egg. Sounds legit LOL

[​IMG]

14. JamesSneed

JamesSneed Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    Most companies would reprimand or fire someone for doing this on a private account. There usually is a no social media about the company unless approved. I know most have this policy in the employee handbook.

15. Hilbert Hagedoorn

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Ah, who knows. BTW it's not very likely even to be a Big Navi announcement. But more 'Hey Fortnight is gonna do Raytracing, and we support that with our upcoming product as well'.

fantaskarsef, Fediuld, Noisiv and 2 others like this.

16. Cidious

Cidious Guest

GPU:
    6900XT + EKWB
    Well there is that... The cryptic BS is getting a bit old. It's like they are catering to teenage girls only now that want to solve some riddles.

I just want to get new gear so my old gear can go into my girlfriend's rig and I want to know when I can get it. She beats me up in real life.. at least in-game I can whoop her ass hopefully without consequences and feel like a man for once... But well AMD....

17. Michael Lange

Michael Lange Member

GPU:
    Navi
    And? Do you feel better after the writing?
    I don't understand how you can get so upset about something like that. I think it's okay.

Noisiv likes this.
  18. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    Now that would be the insufferable AMD marketing we almost learned to live with: Announcing the announcement. By tweeting lyrics from Annie.

Thank god it wasn't Hamilton!

19. Vlooi

Vlooi Active Member

GPU:
    Radeon vii
    Come on guys. Give them a break. AMD officially or unofficially is trying at least with some type of creative messaging, maybe testing another way of marketing? If it backfires, they will hopefully try something else in the future. I think it is a bit harsh just to pull the guns out when someone tries something new, even though not everyone may agree with how that person does it. Credit for being different for a change...

20. kanenas

kanenas Master Guru

GPU:
    6900xt,7800xt.