NVIDIA Announces GeForce RTX 3070, 3080 and 3090 (With Even More Shader processors)

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Sep 1, 2020.

1. devastator

devastator Master Guru

GPU:
    rx7900xt sapphire
    rtx 3080ti/super 20gb rtx 3070ti/super 16gb may be out on the 14th oct will get the 3070 super if true

PrMinisterGR likes this.
  2. mikeysg

mikeysg Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MERC310 RX 7900 XTX
    RTX 20xx card owners here in my neck of the woods are dumping their cards, but I think the reality of their present situation hasn't quite sunk in yet. They are asking for prices that many would not touch, not much off regularly priced new cards. The asking price of an RTX2080 Ti is higher than the expected price of a new RTX 3080, likewise the RTX2080 price may be higher than the estimated price of an RTX3070. The thing is, they're stubbornly clinging on to their pricing, refusing to allow for some discount, if at all. When the RTX3xxx series is released next week, the price of their cards would probably tank.....why pay more, or same amount, for an RTX2080 Super when an RTX3070 can be had?

PrMinisterGR likes this.
  3. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    could be,

But.

The only drivers available are on restricted release.

4. emperorsfist

emperorsfist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS RTX 3070 8Gb
    I can only agree!

nicugoalkeper likes this.

5. pharma

pharma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX 1080
    Not sure but AIB Turing cards have DVD containing utility software and drivers? I know Pascal did but not sure if they stopped.

6. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Turing did not get drivers on disk at launch.

7. Supertribble

Supertribble Master Guru

GPU:
    Noctua 3070/3080 FE
    So uh...with the probability of the 3080 being difficult to get hold of at launch I'm considering all options but AIB models seem to want 3x8pin, so I went rummaging in the attic to find the box for my PSU.

CP-9020155-NA-RM750x_WHT_07.png

The extra 8pin that goes into the PSU only has 7pins, will that be a problem at all?

Last edited: Sep 9, 2020
  8. NewTRUMP Order

NewTRUMP Order Master Guru

GPU:
    rtx 3080
    What I would like to see is a 2080Ti card over clocked till it cries compared to a regular 3080. Then you will be able to see the real difference. As I have been saying over and over I wonder why Nvidia didn't show off their cards prowess in the release video. And a Vulcun non ray tracing demo tells me nothing. I do believe it is a better card at a way better price, but just show me!

9. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    They did show off their card in like multiple different scenarios, you for some reason just want some ultra specific one - in the launch thread there was a bunch of people asking for the opposite of you wanted, a non-RT title, which they gave.

Its pretty clear you can't please everyone - just wait for the cards to get launched and benchmarks then you'll have your answer.

10. mattm4

mattm4 Master Guru

GPU:
    Asrock 6900xt

11. mattm4

mattm4 Master Guru

GPU:
    Asrock 6900xt
    Now its out of stock, the price was listed at $1173.

12. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    Anyone thinking of buying a 3080, just relax and pretend it doesnt exist for another couple months, then look for it. You'll be better off from a mental health perspective. Also pretend you didnt hear about it being a good mining card and that miners may snap them up left and right and inflate the price.

13. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 4070
  14. Embra

Embra Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Red Devil 6950 XT
    I am thinking these cards will be in short supply to begin with... How high will the msrp+++ price be?

15. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    Deeper dive into Ampere than anything else I've seen.

pharma and Noisiv like this.

16. Supertribble

Supertribble Master Guru

GPU:
    Noctua 3070/3080 FE
    This is good advice. I'm slowly losing my mind about trying to snatch one of these at Nvidia.com, whenever the preorders go live, but in reality I just want to get over my disappointment at not getting one, seethe for a while and move on. By the time there is any real chance of getting a 3080 RDNA2 cards will be available and I will be in a better position to see what's what.

alanm likes this.
  17. wrathloki

wrathloki Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080
    But Cyberpunk! And WoW Shadowlands!

XenthorX likes this.
  18. Maddness

Maddness Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Aorus Xtreme
    Don't forget Valhalla too.

XenthorX likes this.
  19. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    Well, pretend those dont exist too. :D.
    Actually seriously, if there were some very tough to run titles, I always found the patience to wait for weeks or months till I upgraded my HW. Its why I havent bought MSFS 2020 yet. Waiting tor Zen 3 for that, Waited about 6 months for the first Far Cry back in 2004 just so I could play it better settings. Have several games that havent finished, so already have my hands full as is.

Embra and XenthorX like this.
  20. wrathloki

wrathloki Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080
    Problem with waiting on something like WoW is that player numbers tend to drop off precipitously after the first couple months following an expansion. I’m also worried about spoilers for Cyberpunk since it’s going to be absolutely massive.