EK Announces Quantum Vector RTX 3080/3090 D-RGB Water Blocks

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Sep 7, 2020.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. Biały Wilk

Biały Wilk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte Radeon HD 7850
  3. Cave Waverider

Cave Waverider Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4090 TUF
    I wonder if they will also have a block for the backside of the card to cool the additional VRAM of the 3090.

4. Fediuld

Fediuld Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD 5700XT AE
    Yeah used Bykski block on the V64 Nitro it was great, however moved to EK Aluminium series and won't look back.
    Light blocks, good performers and half the price for the whole loop.

5. nizzen

nizzen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3x3090/3060ti/2080t
    Cooling Titan X with Ek backplate wasn't a problem before, so I guess it isn't a problem now :)

6. anub1s18

anub1s18 Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX2070S /WC
    maybe you guys will have more luck but when i was scouting for which 2070 super to get i ended up going nvidia as confirmed reference pcb and also cheapest(not so much with the 3000 series that weird shaped pcb they showed is special for the founders edition so it is not the reference design...as weird as that is), msi and evga gave me usefull answers, asus though came back with a that is classified information.... i just want to know if a water block will fit a simple yes no or this sku might interest you would suffice (EK's compability checker at the launch time was pretty baren).

though contact with asus was more productive then contact with nvidia support to ask if they would sell there 2070 super directly in holland (at the time nvidia US was doing it but afaik EU still wasn't) 4 mails in and i'm 100% certain the other end still didn't know what i was asking, thankfully they started selling directly before i went with the other more expensive more unknown if they will actually fit variants >.>

Last edited: Sep 7, 2020
  7. rdmetz

rdmetz Active Member

GPU:
    2x EVGA GTX 780 6GB SC
    You more than likely got the run around because all of them would consider what you want to do breaking of their warranty and they aren't going to go out of there way to help you do that.
    As far as I know only EVGA still warranties your card after you've removed the stock cooler the rest of they figure it out aren't going to help you any further.

8. illrigger

illrigger Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3080
    I've got a Barrowch block on my 1080Ti, paid less than $100 for it and it works perfectly - GPU temps pretty much never vary and I can hold OCs as high as any that I have seen published from a water build (not that I OC much, the room just gets too warm for me when I do). The only bad thing is the lack of a backplate, but that hasn't been a problem.

There are some advantages to staying with all one brand for your blocks and fittings, mainly the fact that the metal composition from a given brand is going to be more consistent and you will end up with less galvanic reactions going on. However, if you change your fluids once every 6 months or so and use a good pre-mix or conditioner, that's not really an issue. Not that I would trust that Barrow or Bykski are keeping things consistent across their products anyway - those cost savings come from somewhere. :)

As for fitment, EK offers a pretty comprehensive compatibility chart for all of their products. With AIB companies being completely insane and selling a different card at every $5 increment in price, it's important to make sure which PCB design is in the one you bought. If you buy a 3rd party block, you can still use EK's charts to figure out if it will fit for the most part. And, of course, if you are really paranoid, all of the AIBs sell a card with a custom loop pre-installed within a month or so of launch, usually for a hefty markup.

9. jura11

jura11 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 NvLink
    I would wait on Aquacomputer Kryographics waterblock as in past on RTX 2080Ti and previous generations of GPUs they always have active backplate, I'm running Aquacomputer Kryographics RTX 2080Ti on Zotac RTX 2080Ti AMP with active backplate as well

Hope this helps

Thanks, Jura

Cave Waverider likes this.