Nvidia GPU news, leaks and rumors

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by UnrealGaming, Jul 20, 2020.

1. UnrealGaming

UnrealGaming Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
  2. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Here I guess?
    https://news.developer.nvidia.com/new-features-to-dlss-coming-to-nvidia-rtx-unreal-engine-4-branch/

8k on the 3000 series of GPU's it seems.
    Improved VR support.
    Dynamic resolution support.

EDIT: Yeah this topic is probably fine. Unsure if DLSS was limited or if it could do upwards of 5120, 6144 or the full "8K" 7680 through DSR which would then get DLSS scaled down or if it was capped out at 3840 maybe it depends on game and implementation but this sounds really good.

VR I don't really know much about but this sounds like it's allowing for both high resolution and stable framerate and I assume also a stable image to avoid motion sickness conditions while scaling the resolution so that's pretty big too especially being able to keep a consistent up to 90 FPS recommended framerate through this.

Dynamic resolution scaling, sounds really impressive keeping the resolution at a fixed target to scale to while the buffers can be changed dynamically to work with a framerate target I assume and keep a consistent target figure here at all times.
    Will be interesting to see how that scales and how it looks instead of a fixed buffer resolution, must have it's own challenges and issues from that but it sounds like a big change and could be a nice improvement to fully stabilize framerate at all times through use of a dynamic resolution.

Well I'm not a tech expert, liking what I'm reading about it though. :)

Last edited: Sep 2, 2020
    Noisiv likes this.
  3. UnrealGaming

GPU:
    -
    DLSS 2.0 is really impressive. Basically free performance at, often, improved image quality over native with TAA. And it's most likely only going to get better.
    I wonder about the "ultra performance mode" tho. 1080p upscaled to 8k? [​IMG]

4. UnrealGaming

GPU:
    -
    I just noticed they have some 8K performance numbers already up on their website.

Untitled.png

angelgraves13 and JonasBeckman like this.

5. Ouzo

Ouzo Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1080Ti Gaming X
    Been out of the loop for a good while, have I understood correctly 3090 will be the flagship for 30 series, there wont be 3080Ti or 3090Ti?

6. UnrealGaming

GPU:
    -
    For right now, yes. Months down the line... who knows. If they have to fight AMD at the highest end ( tho unlikely ), they might release something better. Or might just release a Titan or some sort of a refresh a year from now, if Hopper ( the next GPU architecture ) doesn't come out in 2021. But, that's all speculation. 3090 is where it's at, right now.

Ouzo likes this.
  7. Ouzo

Ouzo Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1080Ti Gaming X
    Cool, thanks!

Probably have to go with 3090 then.

8. 3090 will be a nightmare to WC with its 12 memory modules on back of PCB. What I really miss in the 30xx lineup is 3090 with 12GB VRAM. 24GB is unnecessary overkill increasing price.
    3090 with 12GB of VRAM for like 999USD would be a sweetspot.

9. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Downside of only being 1 GB per module I suppose, will be interesting to see if there are additional VRAM configurations and when plus if a potential 3080 Ti later on might fill that price position or a bit above though what the VRAM amount on that would be I have no idea 12 might be a bit small over the 10 GB 3080 so without extending the PCB you'd still get a few on the back of the board.

Don't know how hot these GDDR6X modules get either but I suppose testing will find out, fitting as a possible downside but a copper block might be enough to keep them from throttling though smaller individual heatsinks might have a tougher time dissipating the heat and then cooling wise a side fan seems optimal or possibly the front mounted fan covering for part of it depending on how the airflow in the case but if it's a primarily water cooled solution there would not be many additional fans over what the water cooling solution itself utilizes I suppose.

Hmm sandwich the card between two thick metal blocks and tube the water between both, pricing and other complications for that though even if it'd resolve the heat buildup from the VRAM.

EDIT: Guess HBM is a thing but so is the cost increase and increase from complications like the connectivity between the HBM and the GPU and all that.
    (This X-treme rated version of the GDDR6 memory chip is probably still cheaper by a bit.)

10. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 2060

11. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
  12. endbase

endbase Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX4070 OC
    Would like to see a 3070 with 16GB but I have my doubts about it

CPC_RedDawn likes this.
  13. UnrealGaming

GPU:
    -
  14. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 2060
  15. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    With compromises any card beyond gtx1070 can do 4k60, think that the 980-Ti was really the card that made it possible. I have no doubt those new card could be relevant at 8k60 but with diminishing return over 4k60 i would assume?

What i'm looking for is 4k60 with Raytracing in CP2077

16. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    This. Would be my first 4K game, with all the eyecandy... but looking down the rabbit hole, I'm considering either postponing the upgrade until early 2022, or spending €5K in early 2021 to possibly buy a 3090, which (we still have to see if it can do ray traced 4K60) and would probably be replaced or overtaken next year because... Nvidia won't go a year without offering something, be it a 3080Ti or a 3090S.

With their shaking up the lineup with an extremely overpowered 3090, Nvidia has seriously made my decision making harder than if they would have released a 3080Ti for ~€1100 for a FE card.

XenthorX likes this.
  17. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    I believe last time i was that hyped for a video game was 15 years ago for Star Wars Galaxies, just cannot wait to jump into this world they've created !!

I'm totally getting a 3090 and moving to latest AMD once they release them later this year/next year, the DDR5 based cpu. We should have some price information within next week.

18. UnrealGaming

GPU:
    -
  19. jura11

jura11 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 NvLink
    Not really you would want something like is Aquacomputer Kryographics RTX 2080Ti with active backplate

I'm expecting Heatkiller and Aquacomputer will have two best waterblocks on market, I will be waiting on reviews and then I will probably decide

Hope this helps

Thanks, Jura

20. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    DannyD likes this.