Sony PlayStation 5

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by tsunami231, Apr 16, 2019.

1. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    My Pro's fan is loud as hell. When i play a demanding game , like God of war its like a vacuum cleaner. Every PS4 has this problem, there are no exeptions.
    Mark Cerny actually said this at the ps5 presentation , and its the reason why they designed the ps5 the way they did. (like clocking down).

I'm hoping they do achieve this, since i cant stand agonizing noise from a console. I have put my PC in another room with cables through the wall because of that.
    I even buy all games digital since that way i wont have to hear the game spinning.

BlindBison likes this.
  2. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 2060
    The ps4 pro was my first modern console apart from switch.
    I didn't have it long, maybe 5 months but i did enjoy the hell outta it and the GUI was good.
    I'll probably pick up ps5 for the exclusives, i'm sure there'll be a few great ones.:)

3. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
  4. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    Mine doesn't have that issue. Never did. Never will. sux 2 b u

btw, I went through the transcript of the "The Road to PS5" video released by Sony, and if you are claiming that this quote:

relates to your quote, specifically "Mark Cerny actually said this"? If so, then you are incorrect.

He never said what you think he said - and if you go to the video and download the transcript, you'll see.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2020

5. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    So basicly what it says is that your ps4 playing god of war uses less power then mine because you dont have fan noise. and the same for horizon zero dawn map screen , where everyone's ps4 heats up so much, yours is cool, and uses less power ?

6. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    Well, I don't know how many pages back you would have to go, but someone mentioned the power draw differential between using an MX-500 and the built-in HDD that came with the system. I tracked it down and yes, it does actually use more power than an MX-500, based on the publicly available information provided by the respective manufacturers.

I honestly do think this is really the key, as using SSD (especially the MX-500, which is a godlike SATA3, check review by HH here) does mean you will not be using as much power, and in my estimation, this also means that as the seek time is, pretty low.

This means that not only is the SSD being used less, as it takes less time to seek data, it also means it draws less power over the same period of time by the numbers I posted earlier in the thread.

Other than the SSD, using the 7216b chipset is the key factor in these 'fan noise' arguments, as, I cannot hear my fan at all - I hear the Optical drive rotating with it's usual 'whurring-whizz' but mostly, a mouse farting would be louder.

7. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
    Sony is seriously taking the piss with this one! They won’t tell us when the damn thing is coming, or how much it costs, but (what feels like) we supposed to be begging them for a chance to buy one… People will be chosen by some arbitrary criteria? Am I worthy enough to give you money Sony? Oh, you are not joking?!

Last edited: Sep 1, 2020
  8. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    So we have gone from pre-orders to now a lottery for a reservation for a pre-order, what's next, a hunger games style competition to get that reservation to get a pre-order. lol

Loobyluggs and Serotonin like this.
  9. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT
    As long as there are people going along with these nonsense, companies will continue to do it.

Serotonin likes this.

10. Think Sony is doing this on purpose? Playing the waiting game because they don't have final MSRP & they want to see how far they can drive it up up till launch?

11. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Suprim
    I think IF you buy the console at launch, will have nothing to play for the next 6 months, in terms of exclusives. The lineup, not even annonced I think, should be nothing interesting, except maybe if it launches with that new spiderman, and the remastered DSouls. Mostly, it will be a big step up in terms of loading times if you play your PS4 backlog games (and not all are supported I think)

12. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    they could be using that to see how far they can push the prices then again, there HAS always been shortage upon luanch every new gen, so people alway buying it on luanch.

I think more buy it on luanch to resale on ebay and such for 5x it price like been happen for past few gens

13. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    That happens with almost all of Nintendo's tech releases. It hasn't hurt them at all, the opposite in fact.

https://blog.playstation.com/2020/0...engine-will-enhance-the-future-of-gaming/amp/

Last edited: Sep 2, 2020
  14. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB

15. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
  16. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    That's a whole other topic in itself. Paying $200 or so for a console unit gives you the right to do what you want with it, imo.

17. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2020
  18. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    Surely that can't be a real breakdown picture because that fan setup looks scarily close to the same fans and plastic housing setup that are in the Ps4/pro cooling, only they have added two?

19. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    The same was true with the Series X pictures. The PS5 innards are revealed in an official Future publishing magazine, so it's legit. So people say.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2020