NVIDIA Ampere GA102-300-A1 (RTX 3090) GPU Die Caught on Camera

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Aug 25, 2020.

1. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    Its the first thing that stood out to me as soon as I saw the image, the white text doesnt look like it belongs.
    I'm not saying they dont have white text on them normally, just that white text in that image doesnt look right.

2. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Hm...i've zoomed in on it and back out on various photos even the one i provided and i just cant see what people are seeing. They all look the same. The white is always bolder and clearly making it look "pasted" on. I'd agree that this new picture looks fake, if not for the fact all nvidia GPUs that have used white for the model number all look the same as this leaked photo.

3. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    I could be wrong but thats my gut feeling.

4. Cidious

Cidious Guest

GPU:
    6900XT + EKWB
    Many of the people responding to my legit questioning of the 7nm statement in Hilberts article have interpreted my post wrong. I didn't say it's 8nm for sure. I said these are the reports mainly. But Hilberts article clearly states it IS fabricated on 7nm and I would like to see his source for that because that would be a first.

And people responding that Jensen already said that it would be on 7nm don't understand business and are gullible. Business is prone to changes and it might have well been switched to any node and kept quiet.

All I was saying is that all is hinting that the 3090 is a power hungry card (cooler design, early rumors about tdp, samsung 8nm speculation etc etc) and that it would be amazing if it's still on 7nm but that it seems unlikely. and if Hilbert has a source confirming it's 7nm after all, he should share it. not just assume it's on 7nm and state it as a fact in his article.

5. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Do you go around to twitter leakers asking sources as well? It seems you are cherry-picking very specifically here. Your tone is a little repulsive and snobby.

6. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Samsung 5nm is also an option, since it requires no retooling, but again that is a rumor, and it was created by AdoredTV

7. Cidious

Cidious Guest

GPU:
    6900XT + EKWB
    Sorry if I come across snobby. That's not the intention. But what is the intention is questioning your statement of 7nm written as a fact. I wonder where you got the info and if it's legit info. Or maybe you could rewrite your words into speculation instead of stating that it is fabricated on 7nm. As far as I know (and I've been keeping myself up to date best I can with the rumors) we are all unsure what the fabrication node is... How do you know? please elaborate and clear the skies. That's what I was asking.

8. Fediuld

Fediuld Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD 5700XT AE
  9. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super

However, if there isn't enough production capacity at TSMC or prices are too high, surely the Samsung route is an option. So could I be wrong, heck yeah? Does it matter? Heck no. In fact, NVIDIA might be sourcing both in the end to keep up demand.

10. asder

asder Active Member

GPU:
    KFA2 1080TI
    Latest info/leaks from adoredTV speculate it's Samsung 5nm (LPE) which is ip compatible with their LPP 7nm

11. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    AdoredTV is Walter Cronkite next to Moor's Law Is Dead

12. Luc

Luc Active Member

GPU:
    RX 480 | Gt 710
    It's hard to tell... The quality of the picture is noisy and the chip is dirty all around but not over the model name, but that's what they want to show. Anyway, the pixelation hiding the text can disturb someone, but the picture could be dropped by Nvidia itself a week before the launch, to make everyone talk about it and to create hype, so it can be perfectly legit, even if it looks trashy.

We'll know soon the real info, but I think it's easy to predict they will cost 100 $ more as much with similar memory as Touring and will improve the performance one step and a half as much, waiting for AMD before launch Super, Ti, or whatever. They could try to look cheaper comparing the performance with the already expensive cards. And if they launch a 3090 RTX with 24 DDR6X, prepare yourself for a price between the 2080 Ti and the Titan.

I don't need to be an electric engineer to know a little about Nvidia's marketing :p

Last edited: Aug 26, 2020
  13. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    I believe Jim at AdoredTV less than Tom at Moore's Law is Dead, and I think Tom is nothing but rampant speculation with some credible but not exclusive info sprinkled in so he can claim to be right later.

14. What kind of poofer names a YouTube channel "AdoredTV" :mad:

15. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asrock 7700XT
    Y'know guys... this is the kind of crap why nerds get a bad rep. So much drama over a photo of a GPU that most of you sure as hell can't afford. I get it, lockdown makes things boring, but maybe chill out a bit?

16. Mda400

Mda400 Maha Guru

GPU:
    4070Ti 3GHz/24GHz
    It's ok, my fellow nerds. i'm sure schmidtbag didn't mean it...

[​IMG]

schmidtbag likes this.
  17. Cidious

Cidious Guest

GPU:
    6900XT + EKWB
    There probably will be with 20GB after AMD launches it's top card the 3080ti will probably be summoned to war outpacing AMDs top card by just a bit at a premium price. I mean there is a huge gap between the 3080 and 3090 price wise. Pretty sure they will fill it when the need arises, depending on AMD.

Maddness and ITGuru like this.