Crysis Remastered is coming to the PC on 18th September 2020 (tech trailer)

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Aug 21, 2020.

1. Skylinestar

Skylinestar Active Member

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1070
    It'd better beat FS2020.

2. Hexen525

Hexen525 Guest

GPU:
    Radeon 6900XT
    Oddly enough, Crysis wasn't as demanding on systems as people think. It was a poorly written engine. It was a bad DX9 game trying to be a DX10 gamer. Remember all the ppl who saw it running on XP and screamed how DX10 COULD run on XP, so they didn't need to upgrade to Vista? Instead of fixing the game code, they released Crysis Warhead. All the features, twice the FPS. Computers today still have issues with the first game.

Gandul likes this.
  3. DeskStar

DeskStar Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 3080Ti/3090FTW
    I want to know If they have given it as much attention to detail as the first game.?!?

One (dumb) interesting thing I liked to do was shoot some of the blue or green barrels that were topped off with oil! Watching the oil in the barrels pour out of the bullet holes you put in according to the height of your bullets. It wouldn't just keep coming out if you continue to shoot the same height, but the lower and lower you went the oil poured out faster and faster from more holes until there was nothing left inside.

Crazy little details like that made me love this game. Scooping up crabs and throwing them only to be shot in the air.

Just wonder how much of that love they put back into the game instead of being a cash grab with some more bells and whistles turned on?!?

No

Then how'd it get better with optimized graphics drivers???

Running crysis on quad SLI triple monitors on windows 7 was a dream. Seemed like windows 8 and 10 ruined that pipe dream for sure....

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2020
  4. Venix

Venix Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4070 super
    I wonder if the ray tracing they implemented has anything to do with the demo they showed few months back.

5. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    One thing that still rings thru my head when Crysis 1 is mentioned, are the North Korean soldiers yelling "DIE YANKEE COWARD!"

DeskStar likes this.
  6. Robbo9999

Robbo9999 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Well, looking at the comparison split screens in that video I would say the new version defintely looks better apart from the jungle scene which was the first comparative scene - I think the 2007 version looks better for that one scene, the new version is too dark......but in all other scenes the new version looks better. A bit hard to say from that video just how good it's all gonna be graphics wise, and I'd also be interested to see what kind of cards will be able to run it decently at 1080p.

7. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    Very odd all this. Has the EGS exclusive given Crytek the cash to actually do a proper remaster rather than the rubbish half arse job they showed in videos 4 to 6 weeks ago that on the surface looked like it was going to release on all DDSes?

I mean I have zero interest in the game unless they have done a serious rework to the later part of the game which is by far and away tanks the entire experience... to the point I never completed the original as I lost all interest once the aliens showed up.

The original Crysis actually scaled very nicely from what I remember the big issue was that given it was the be all and end all of the gaming graphics at the time of release I suspect many people tried to run the game at higher settings than their system could actually handle, as for current systems struggling? Really I was running Crysis with everything almost maxed not on my last system a 4770K, 980GTX but on the system I had BEFORE that, can't remember the CPU but it was running a 670GTX GPU.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2020
    SamuelL421, mbk1969 and DannyD like this.
  8. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 2060
    Hoping for uber ray tracing pc killer like control (which i'll finally be able to play in three weeks).
    I tried the cryenging ray tracing bench but wasn't too impressed, i'm sure it's much better in game.

9. ViperAnaf

ViperAnaf Guest

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3080 OC
  10. Jamethe80sman

Jamethe80sman Member

GPU:
    2060 Super
    Original still looks better!

Before buying take a look...

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2020

11. 0blivious

0blivious Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT / 5700 XT
    The unofficial list of 10+ year-old games that still don't need a visual remaster:
    1. Crysis
    2. (so far from #1, who even cares)

12. DocStr4ngelove

DocStr4ngelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080TI Ventus3X
    Pfffff .... and another EGS exclusive. No thx. :p

13. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    But but but but maybe Crytek really needs the money....

14. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    "need" and "could benefit from" are two different things. Cause i'll agree, crysis is a game that today still looks fairly well but it is aging. Ray tracing for one could do this game wonders. High resolution textures, putting more into the foliage movement, among many other things, they CAN make the game look quite a bit better. But yes, it does not "need" a visual remaster.

15. kakiharaFRS

kakiharaFRS Master Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 RTX 3090
    crysis still has some of the most epic solo fps moments I remember
    - the tank charge towards the mountain
    - the alien base that at the time I hated but still remember well
    - a night level in the jungle with enemies laser pointers waving around (might by warhead it's old don't remember)
    - and of course the final sequence of the game

just like mass effect andromeda 1-2 were the new epic scifi "star wars" adventure Crysis too was epic now we get anthem and fallout 76 it's just sad,. I'm honestly happy to be the age I am I'm not exchanging those years for fortnite, anthem, fallout 76 and fall guys ><

SamuelL421 and Robbo9999 like this.

16. Yxskaft

Yxskaft Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX Titan Sli
    It did scale badly and the big culprit is that the engine was very single thread dependant. Which is true for almost all other games of that era as well, but hurt Crysis so badly since it was so ambitious with all tech it pushed. It would have scaled perfectly to future PCs if clock speeds just had continued to increase like in the past, instead CPUs went multicore and stayed at 3-4 Ghz with small IPC improvements between each generation

Yep, this is Crysis dropping below 40 FPS even on an i7 8700k at 5 Ghz.
    https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...l-melts-the-fastest-gaming-pcs-10-years-later

SamuelL421 and Gandul like this.
  17. zhalonia

zhalonia Active Member

GPU:
    r9 290 4gb
    they should really frack off with their remake's ! too damn many and too little new good games
    also i cannot be the only one that hates re-playing games once they already have back in the day ..
    this does not excite me at all.. just makes me hate more and more remake's !

18. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Looks more like asset and shader switch. Assets are OK. But 1/2 of those shaders are actually worse as they are over-brightened and over-reflective. Some reflect so sharply that it looks like noise.

SamuelL421 likes this.
  19. DeskStar

DeskStar Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 3080Ti/3090FTW
    Awe.... No one person or entity has or does make one purchase a game over and over again. It's called a choice.

20. rflair

rflair Don Coleus Staff Member

GPU:
    5700XT
    Never finished Crysis, installed and played many times though.

For me it lacked in the story wanting to progress feeling.

Loobyluggs likes this.