MOUSE Guide

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Corrupt^, Dec 29, 2010.

1. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Picked up the G903 with the Powerplay mat, I'm super happy with it, first cordless gaming mouse that I have been genuinely impressed by (mainly because I never have to worry about the battery dying).

2. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    My current mouse started to fail and I picked Zowie EC1-A. As I take it, a classical choice for FPS games. I hope I will match it.

3. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    fantaskarsef and big ROBOT bill like this.
  4. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    Digging some interrupt related stuff in my project (MSI mode utility) I may be unearthed another tweak for ISR part of interrupt
    https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/w...-based-interrupts.378044/page-40#post-5623597

Since this tweak can decrease ISR execution for USB controller where mouse is attached you can get better responsiveness. And a couple of gurus reported improvement
    https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/w...-based-interrupts.378044/page-40#post-5623658 (limeay)
    https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/w...-based-interrupts.378044/page-41#post-5625033 (artina90)

Unfortunately such thing as responsiveness is completely subjective and hard to test to dig some digits. So you can try it for yourself.

akbaar, BetA and AsiJu like this.

5. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    I switched from a G502 Proteus Core to the Corsair M65 RGB Elite... Quite happy with it so far, but I've only been using it for a few hours really and haven't done any gaming since plugging it in. It will get a thorough workout over the weekend as the masochist in me makes yet another run through DA:O and DA2.... Not sure why I keep replaying those games, as about half way through I start to regret the decision to do so. I considered going with a G502 Hero, but I liked the look and shape of the M65 RGB Elite and it's much lower price tag too much to pass it up.

6. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    You can complete 2 Dragon Age games in one weekend? That's pretty quick.

Yeah know the feeling, there are some games I start playing, at first feeling this is great but later thinking why did I do this when I have newer and/or unfinished games too (that I like).

On topic still very happy with the G Pro.

7. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    I can't even finish 1 DA game in a weekend. It takes me about 2 weeks to finish DA:O and 3-4 days to finish DA2. This is what led me to buying a new mouse....and another reason I didn't go with another G502.... After 2-3 hours of gaming, I can barely move my wrist. This wasn't an issue with my old G500. I'm hoping the design of the M65 RGB Elite helps... If not, I'll be in search of another mouse.

AsiJu likes this.
  8. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    I'd like to have that mouse, but i am not a fan of those ambidextrous mouse designs... if it was shaped like the g700s that i am currently using, then i'd buy it in a heartbeat, primarily due to the much lower weight.

9. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    They should honestly apply what they've done with that mouse to all their mice. Their wireless performs so well that I can safely ditch the cable. A lot of users also would like the G305 to receive more flatter sides and resemble the old MX 300 mouse more. Give that the same treatment as the G Pro Wireless and I honestly won't see myself ever using another mouse anymore.

Though atm I've switched back to my Nixeus Revel as over the course of 3 months the G Pro Wireless caused actual inflammation in my hand. The height is to much for my hand (I have small hands). Ordered a Zowie Divina S2 in the meantime (Zowie finally jumped on the 3360 sensor boat).

10. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    I have small hands aswell, so those fairly big ambidextrous mouse designs just doesn't work for me - the g700s is already right at the limit for my hand tbh.

I dunno how much real world difference there is between the g700s and the g pro wireless though, aside of the shape and more importantly the weight, because the g700s already has a polling rate of 1000, and plenty high dpi. But then again, i would very much like a lighter mouse... that is wireless !

11. Night Hope

Night Hope Member Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 8GB
    Hey guys I spotted Steelseries QKC some topics has signed it is good. I open other advices. Before buy something.

12. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Welp.....the M65 RGB Elite didn't even survive a year.... Guess I should have gone with the G502 Hero from the beginning, since I've had it now for the last few months. Still prefer the overall design of the M65 RGB Elite, but Corsair needs to work on quality.... In fact, neither the M65 RGB Elite nor the K55 it was paired with survived a year. Guess I'll be sticking with Logitech for the next few years....

13. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    My K70 has survived for over 3 years though. Not sure if the K55 is rubber dome, but rubber dome keyboards lasted about a year for me as well.

14. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    I believe it's a membrane keyboard just like the Logitech G213 Prodigy I replaced it with. Even my Roccat Arvo was a membrane keyboard, and it was over 7 years old when it was replaced.

15. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    i just realized why I always use mouse pad and not just the desk, on the mousepad the mouses clicking is less apparent but without the pad it louder, I never noticed that till now seeing the mouse pad is currently air drying cause the dust and causing white spots on my pad made me clean it.

16. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 480 1.5gb ddr5
    In the market for a new wireless gaming mouse..... What are the best options currently available? Definitely don't want to spend more than $100 if possible.....

17. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    That's going to be a tad difficult (price wise), but the Logitech Wireless mice are great and I heard good things about the Razer Viper.

18. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 480 1.5gb ddr5
    Logitech G503 $120 at Amazon. Seems like the best option with price considered?

19. Chess

Chess Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GTX1080Ti Stri
    Hullo thar!
    I've always been a Logitech fansince the MX510, but lately they felt a bit lack luster. Currently using the G400 I think
    I understood that in the long run, Razer still seems to be a tad unreliable. Never been a fan of the look either.
    As a gamer... a lot of mice feel... to...Gamer-y? Steelseries has that as well ( imo )

That leaves Corsair, I guess?

What's the go to wireless mouse that looks a tad more adult yet is aimed at games, these days?
    I play a SP and MP FPs but never competitive and I tend to dabble into other genres as well.

20. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    Go to a lot of people use seems to be G Pro Wireless or Razer Viper :x