PC system requirements for Dirt 5

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Aug 18, 2020.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Codemaster has revealed the official PC requirements for Dirt 5. Depending on the specs, PC gamers will need at least an Intel Core i3 2130 or AMD FX 4300 with 8GB of RAM and an NVIDIA GTX 970 or AMD ...

PC system requirements for Dirt 5

Loobyluggs likes this.
  2. D1stRU3T0R

D1stRU3T0R Master Guru

GPU:
    8 GB
    I bet minimum even a Phenom II X4 is enough with a R9 285 for stable 60FPS

3. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Phenom II with lack of cpu instructions cant start the game.

4. VenTK

VenTK Member

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 3070
    Sorry, but how on earth does this make sense? This game is coming out on PS4 and XBOne, which have much weaker video cards than the GTX970.
    Are developers just assuming everyone has a 20XX card now, so they don't have to optimize games properly on PC?

5. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Damn I don't even meet the minimum.... well that's a first.

6. Alessio1989

Alessio1989 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    For the GPU probably, not sute about the CPU, if the game requries at least AVX than no Phenom 2

7. Kool64

Kool64 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070
    The original Dirt still looks and plays pretty good even by today's standards. I wonder what D5 will have in terms of fancy graphics that a card like a 1050Ti won't work as a minimum spec?

8. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    You do realise that PC LOW settings could be even higher than console settings right? A lot of the time console settings are below low and most the time simple setting we have taken for granted on PC for years such as 16xAF is at a low 2-4x or missing entirely. Then you also have much more overhead within windows too which needs accounting for in specs.

Sure I grant you that most "spec recommendations" are complete BS, but you can't just compare tflops of consoles v pc its not that simple.

9. oli3

oli3 Member Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti
    Time for an upgrade

10. VenTK

VenTK Member

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 3070
    Yeah, I realize that this game is also releasing on PS5/XBSX, which might mean the PS4 and XBOne ports would have settings catered to those consoles, and would indeed be missing features from the other ports. I think one of the Call of Duty games got a PS3/XB360 port which had features removed, because those consoles couldn't handle them.

CPC_RedDawn likes this.

11. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    News just in, pc game devs rarely optimize their games and hope sheer grunt fixes all issues.....and in other news water is wet. Lol

schmidtbag likes this.
  12. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    It's a stupid joke, I have a stock overclocked 470, the minimum states default 480... taking into account the GTX 970 has 3.5GB of memory and then 512mb of slow memory, then an overclocked 470 is fine.

13. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asrock 7700XT
    You do realize that games on consoles are optimized for their hardware, right? I really don't understand how so many people think that console hardware is an apples-to-apple comparison. Consoles have always yielded better performance with inferior hardware.

That doesn't necessarily mean it's fair that so many PC ports are coded sloppily, but at the same time, it isn't cost effective to micro-optimize a game for such a drastically wide variety of hardware. That's why Nvidia and AMD supply game-specific profiles in driver updates, because it's in their best interest to make a popular game run as good as it can on their platform.

XP-200 and CPC_RedDawn like this.
  14. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    Whilst unoptimised games on PC are more abundant than on console saying that devs don't even test their games and fix performance issues or have a stable optimised build on release is just not true.

Its 2020 my friend, not 2010 or prior. PC games are generally way more optimised than they were and a lot of them actually go above and beyond including PC specific features such as RT, DLSS, UWS, etc.

People need to remember that consoles are now x86 and will probably stick with this for many many years to come making porting to and from PC easier. The same can't be said for the Switch but that's a completely different story and for massively different reasons lol :p

15. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    That's the good thing about the unified architecture of a console, only one hardware across the board for everyone and no doubt way cheaper to optimise that one hardware, than the plethora of almost unending PC setups, hence why we usually get PC games dumped into the wild in the hope grunt and the old excuse of "patch issues later", will see them through the day. lol