First price leak for Flagship 3000 series and it ain't good news!

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by NewTRUMP Order, Aug 17, 2020.

1. NewTRUMP Order

NewTRUMP Order Master Guru

GPU:
    rtx 3080
    So I just read on a tech site that the 24gb 3080/90Ti will cost $1999.00 U.S. . If true Nvidia has just priced this fan boy over to the Big Navi camp! I won't state the obvious of their business mindset. Thoughts? UPDATE:
    So now the latest I read on pricing will be $1399 for the 3090. Now I can see that being a more rational price point for their top gpu. For all you silly ones that want to know my source huh where's your source huh, Wccftech.com hmmmkay?

Last edited: Aug 18, 2020
  2. emperorsfist

emperorsfist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS RTX 3070 8Gb
  3. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    The leather coat decides pricing on the stage.

XenthorX, The_Amazing_X and itpro like this.
  4. itpro

itpro Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD Testing
    That coat has AI and RT reflections though.

XenthorX, The_Amazing_X and Undying like this.

5. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    I'm waiting for a statement like "you won't fly to vacation this year anyway, just spend that money on your GPU" :D

That said, without any intel on the source, this is barely more viable than me saying it's <1k. And actually, a bit baity ;)

6. itpro

itpro Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD Testing
    You must pay for JHH's vacations or even better his glorious retirement sooner or later. :p

7. Saabjock

Saabjock Master Guru

GPU:
    PNY GTX1070XLR8
    If this is indeed the case, then the 3080 and 3070 series will see a significant uplift in price.
    I have a number in my head and I won't go above it...regardless of how many or what features come with new GPUs...from either company.
    I'll stick with the mid-level of the current generation, if prices are outrageous for both companies.
    I don't need to have every bell and whistle to run racing sims.

8. itpro

itpro Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD Testing
    If 3060 passes the ~499$ mark, it's over. PC gaming is finished. People will go console gaming. RDNA 2 custom edition of a console will be much stronger than a mere and naive 3060. Nvidia must be realistic. 3090/3080TI should cost at maximum 3x3060 which should be around ~1499$ or less.

9. emperorsfist

emperorsfist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS RTX 3070 8Gb
  10. ^ ... terrible.. :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2020

11. moo100times

moo100times Master Guru

GPU:
    295x2 @ stock
    Seconded!!

12. bobblunderton

bobblunderton Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2070 Super 8gb
    If you don't like the prices/don't want to see prices that high, and you don't feel it's worth it; vote with your wallet/dollar, folks.
    That said, Nvidia has a lot of tools that are super useful to developers, so that can be a value-add even on a mid-range card such as the **60 series. AMD has some tools available, but that is all water under the bridge after the driver fiasco a year ago for me at-least. I love my AMD CPU/x570 board all the way to the bank, but forget the video boards from them, never ever again will I go down that road.

13. k3vst3r

k3vst3r Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KP3090
    Just googled it, it's tweaktown that's saying $1999.

also claiming it's 60 to 90% faster than 2080 ti

14. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    I could imagine the 3090 replacing the Titan costing upwards of 1500 USD / EUR or higher, 3080 after that at a bit less with room for a 3080 Ti slotted between this and the 3090 price wise.
    3070 and a possible 3070 Ti model likely at the more affordable price range but where's that, 600 or 800?

Hard to say, don't think there's been too much about the specs either other than the higher end models which are going to be costly so the non-enthusiast cards and then mid-range price segment is just speculative but it sounds like NVIDIA is readying some presentation that will hopefully be a nice informative reveal although whether it'll also include initial MSRP and price info or not is just a guess I suppose.
    (Launching pre-orders early after seems like a thing that could happen though so maybe.)

EDIT: Although 2K seems like a really big sum of money unless these are going to be some special Frontier type early launch and availability models maybe with some fancier stock stuff before the third party models come out on the market too.

Anything could happen but I don't expect prices to come down and I do expect a higher base cost for the cards overall.
    (Same from AMD's Navi20/RDNA2 lineup whenever that shows up too.)

15. suty455

suty455 Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 3090
    I dont get it everyone goes on and on about AMD drivers being an issue yet Nvidia also has its fair share of issues I have cards from both and neither are perfect, more often than not I find its windows update that breaks the drivers.

I for one will buy whoever offers the best Value for my Money at the Time.

sykozis likes this.

16. jingobingo

jingobingo Guest

GPU:
    gtx 1080
    The 3090 replaces the Titan X which had an MSRP of $2,500 so this is actually $500 cheaper for an opening price which coincides with the rest of these cards having rumored lower MSRP's than the 2000 series. OP is a knucklehead.

JonasBeckman likes this.
  17. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    if that is true gtfo here nvidia, your prices hikes generations to generation are will drive to me stop making pc for gaming even if it 60~90% faster which i wont buy till i see just no to the prices, especially in this climate XX70 series it probably gona be 800$ now and xx60 series 600 gtfo

Kind curious about "NVcache" they talking about, is something built in the card and it "Drivers" or added software like "physx" in which case I probably wont use it. that no diffrent the "cache" when have now for hdd/ssd which dont use either, none the less curious about it

Last edited: Aug 17, 2020
  18. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    Apparently there's a HUGE 8K res gaming market I've been unaware of. Because that's the only reason anyone would seemingly need a card that is such overkill and overpriced.

NewTRUMP Order and Saabjock like this.
  19. Kool64

Kool64 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070
    Lisa Su needs a signature garment she can be known for if she manages to have big Navi come out as a winner over the coat.

NewTRUMP Order likes this.
  20. Saabjock

Saabjock Master Guru

GPU:
    PNY GTX1070XLR8
    Whether true or not...it is very funny listening to guys justify $1999-2500 for a single GPU today.
    You have to remember MSRP for the absolute high-end was $699 a bit over three years ago (March 2017) to be exact.
    That's one hell of an increase in very short order.
    Some of these guys must be making really easy money to be so cavalier with these prices.
    Heck!...I just sold a fully overhauled, extremely well running car for $99 less than what is now quoted as the bottom of the 'high-end' of this graphics card.
    Now that...is funny.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2020