Intel Talks Tiger Lake and Xe for gamers in 2021

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Aug 14, 2020.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    During a virtual presentation intel held its Architecture Day 2020, the company revealed some new details about the upcoming notebook processors of the Tiger Lake series. And also the new Xe graphics ...

Intel Talks Tiger Lake and Xe for gamers in 2021

2. JamesSneed

JamesSneed Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    Its funny how this has been up all day and zero comments. People just don't care about Intel news lately.

3. ViperAnaf

ViperAnaf Guest

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3080 OC
    the loud AMD fanboys couldnt find something stupid to b1tch about thats all...

4. Venix

Venix Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4070 super

5. sozuoka

sozuoka Member

GPU:
    RTX 3070 laptop 8GB
    People care, just not... here. I have read the detailed articles about it on Anandtech, and saw quite a lot of discussion there. Obviously the important parts are still left out (demo, specific performance stats,etc.), but it's interesting and show that Intel is not done yet. And we all need competition/innovation in this market.

shady28 and screwtech02 like this.
  6. moo100times

moo100times Master Guru

GPU:
    295x2 @ stock
    "In terms of I / O, Thunderbolt 4, USB 4 and PCIe 4.0 have been confirmed . However, not all processors offer the latter, due to lane limitations in particularly energy-saving models."

I am interested by this. Will we see lower spec chips will be more like previous gens?

The Xe-LP, if what they report is true, will finally bring some real competition to the APU graphics segment. Between this and AMD using RDNA2+3, buying APU laptop in the next 2 years might allow for decent gaming and productivity without >$1000 investment.