Horizon Zero Dawn

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, Dec 4, 2019.

1. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    tried these settings myself using nvidia profile inspector , hopefully it helps someone with AF/fps issues

[​IMG]

XenthorX likes this.
  2. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    @kx11 why do you make it more blurry with lodbias +2 ?

XenthorX likes this.
  3. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    With LODs, LOD0 is refered as the original for textures/game geo.
    For textures it refers to its "mip-chain" your single texture is cut by half recursively up to 11,12, or maybe more times.
    Out of this whole set of newly created textures, LOD0 is the original one, LOD1 is half res, LOD2 quarter res , etc....

To force textures to looks better you apply a 'negative bias', instead of using LOD6, you'll use LOD4 for instance, meaning a subtexture with 4times bigger resolution.

4. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    Guess I will be holding off on the buying this till the bug are patched out. To me this like another skyrim game to me where I just wind up wandering the world and do everything but progress the story:rolleyes:

5. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Why is it that Finnish translations are always a major facepalm... probably always translated word for word and never written by an actual Finn (at least one who properly understands the source intention).

No, jospa se on pora... :D

6. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4070 ti TUF
    Ok so I may have pulled the refund trigger a bit early. Turns out none of my games work via remote play atm. Send help :confused:

7. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    High preset except Textures Ultra:

HZD_benchmark.jpg

not bad at all.

My guess is that turning ingame Vsync off readily solves a lot of problems.

eGGroLLiO likes this.
  8. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    You can cancel your refund request. Just go into your "ticket" and select cancel.

9. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    it should've been -2.000 :p

i copied those setting from a mod for FFXIII which helped modded textures look a lot sharper @ 4k, a typo left it + instead of -

10. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4070 ti TUF
    It already went through after 1 hour. I'll just re-buy. I still have all the files.
    Turns out it was GFE forced update that broke everything. WHY IN THE frack WONT COMPANIES LET ME DECIDE WHEN TO INSTALL crap!

11. garyb

garyb Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4070
    Stuttering mess just as well i wasn't expecting it to be a perfect port.

12. syklonis

syklonis Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 MSI Trio
    You shouldn't be stuttering anywhere, assuming the rest of your specs are on point with your RTX 2080 super. I'm on GTX 1080 ti, and I do not have any stuttering. Forcing a lot of things in your control panel (as we are accustomed to in the games we play) is as of now not the best idea for this game, as this does induce stuttering! So if you are forcing anything, besides vsync I'd turn all that off. Sorry for your issues, hopefully a patch or two will work out the issues on your end.

13. garyb

garyb Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4070
    Trust me its a stuttering mess and its a known issue. Running a 2080 super no tinkering of any kind quick google shows most issues are with the stuttering.
    • Anisotropic Filtering settings are not working. This is a high priority issue for us to resolve.
    • Some systems may experience a brief stutter during general world traversal, UI updates, quest updates, or camera swaps in cutscenes. This is a high priority issue for us to investigate.

14. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    If human translated this... he/she was definitely not a native speaker or he/she had a major brain fart there.

Porissakin ne terät murtuu ja itse pora hajoaa tai menee rikki. :D Aluksi katsoit, että tämä käännöshän vaikuttaa ihan hyvältä kokonaisuudessaan. Sitten tuo pisti silmään... Varmaan siellä on muitakin kukkasia kun alkaa vähän katsomaan tarkemmin (en tosin jaksa).

AsiJu likes this.
  15. rflair

rflair Don Coleus Staff Member

GPU:
    5700XT
    OK all this optimization, benchmark stuff is cool but how is the game? Worth getting?

I like ARPGs so......

16. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4070 ti TUF
    Back to buttery smooth here. It is a bit jarring though coming from AC:Origins where you can climb everything to this. Have to de-sync brain.

One thing I noticed though was cpu temp getting really toasty in some places. The highest I saw was 75c and this is basically Cinebench territory. And the cores weren't even fully loaded!

Dinosaur robots. What more do you need to know?

Last edited: Aug 8, 2020
  17. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Played 2 hours, no issues, crashes, unexpected framedrops or stutters.

Mind: I tried using the ingame fps cap and lo and behold: stutters.

So don't use ingame cap or vsync, force vsync from driver and use RTSS for fps cap if you need one.
    Sure Gsync helps too I suppose.

Given how negative (p)reviews seemed I'm both relieved and positively surprised.

The game does look beautiful too. Maybe it doesn't immediately "wow" you but the more you pay attention the more you see.
    Character models eg. seem to be very high-poly and subsurface scattering is sublime. Almost CG quality I'd say.

Wha? Yeah the game itself is good too!

18. garyb

garyb Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4070
    Must be one of the lucky ones but at least they are now looking into the reported issues.

19. TheSissyOfFremont

TheSissyOfFremont Master Guru

GPU:
    3090 FE
    Certainly not seeing anything to warrant the level of negativity from some corners... game itself is great so far.

AsiJu likes this.
  20. harkinsteven

harkinsteven Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    I've no stuttering myself but the first thing I did was add the game exe to exploit protection and disabled control flow guard.