Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by metagamer, Jun 10, 2019.

1. Bond!JamesBond!

Bond!JamesBond! Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080

Last edited: Aug 2, 2020
  2. n9nu

n9nu Member

GPU:
    NV GeForce RTX 4090
    Well....it sold more copies than any other 'game' on Steam within a 24 hour period.

I pre-purchased the $130.00 SKU and bypassed Steam or that goofy Xbox game pass for PC.

We have a few 10GBit lines here at Fremilab outside Chicago so I can download whatever in the blink of an eye ALL depending on whats between us & the download server. I guarantee I won't be seeing more than a Gbit....LOL. Those download servers will be so freaking saturated it will probably take days for many people to complete.

With respect to performance, I can tell you from running the latest version it will vary of course on your hardware. It will adapt to your system hardware and give you what it can so the sim remains fluid.

I am glad to hear there will be VR support later this year and TrackIR support out of the box.

Tim
    ARS N9NU

3. I'm actually thinking about replacing my 1080 with 3080. With FS2020 and CP2077 it will be put to a good use I guess.

4. chr!s

chr!s Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX™ 3080 TI
    considering the same :)

5. Bond!JamesBond!

Bond!JamesBond! Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080
  6. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    I want to play this but I can't find a flightstick in stock anywhere and any place that has them have increased the prices by 500%
    Guess I'll have to settle for the crappy xbox flightstick I have laying around

7. Bond!JamesBond!

Bond!JamesBond! Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080
    i used my DS4 with x-plane 11 to fly small stuff and it worked good. One day i'll get a yoke with feedback.

8. Bond!JamesBond!

Bond!JamesBond! Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080
  9. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    How come some people can already play it? I'm totally bying it!

10. Bond!JamesBond!

Bond!JamesBond! Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080
    youtuber's get early access probably because they help market it. There's a closed beta too.

XenthorX likes this.

11. W@w@Y

W@w@Y Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Strix 4080
    4 days to go! I loved FS games though Im no good at it
    excited to fly over towns and just enjoying sceneries

12. antonyfrn

antonyfrn Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4070 SUPER
    Looking at this im really tempted to grab the premium deluxe, luckily got a nice bonus from work. Not massively into flight sims these days but this looks stunning.

13. I wonder how's their Steam integration. If you buy it on Steam, does it behave like native Steam app? Does it install to Steam\steamapps or it will redirect you to MSStore or XBOX app? I'd definitely rather buy it on Steam, but I don't want 2 DRMs.

14. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    Two days and counting, i even dug out my old thrustmaster and logitech attack joysticks to try with it.

15. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    I don't have any interest in flight simulators, but I wish I did. Saw this trailer on YouTube and I had no idea that the last flight simulator game Microsoft released was back in 2006, 14 years ago! :eek:

It's incredible to see the evolution of the game and the technology in this particular trailer though. The developers must be really proud of what they accomplished, and I can see that they put a massive amount of blood, sweat and tears into the game just by virtue of how insanely detailed it is.

Like I said, I wish I was into flight simulators so that I could buy it, because they deserve it:

HandR likes this.

16. Well, you can still buy it, support the developers and enjoy the visuals and technology ;)

17. W@w@Y

W@w@Y Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Strix 4080
    Any advantages in getting from MS store over steam? Im thinking, Steam = possibility of mods in the future so I likely am getting Steam version
    Anyone here planning to get it from MS store instead of Steam?

18. DeathDealer175

DeathDealer175 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX2080ti
    You can unlock now on game pass by changing region to New Zealand in windows 10 btw:)

19. antonyfrn

antonyfrn Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4070 SUPER
    Ended up grabbing it on steam knowing what modding with windows store games i like thought better to shave headaches in the future. Shame there is no preload atm.

20. milamber

milamber Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4080 Suprim X
    They should charge extra for a Flat Earth version :D

alanm, fluidz and Repo Man like this.