AMD Radeon Adrenalin Edition 20.8.1 drivers: Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by PrEzi, Aug 4, 2020.

1. MaCk0y

MaCk0y Maha Guru

GPU:
    4090 ICHILL BLACK
    FFS! And I thought it was a problem with my monitor. The only way to unstuck it was to change the refresh rate to something else and revert back. procreating AMD drivers!

2. KyleStilkey

KyleStilkey Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 6800 XT N+
    You have no idea man, this was super annoying and thought it was my Monitor as well.

MaCk0y likes this.
  3. Passus

Passus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4070 Gaming X
    Freesync IPS screen here

was happening last few months and i too thought my screen had issues or my dp cable was bad

changing refresh from 144hz and then back fixes it (asus tuf vg249)

narrowed it down to dx9 games and games that dont really support any kind of sync like fallout 4

MaCk0y, Undying and mentor07825 like this.
  4. mentor07825

mentor07825 Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 3080
    Thanks for that auf. Could have been as described. And what integrated feedback tool are you referring to?

5. MaCk0y

MaCk0y Maha Guru

GPU:
    4090 ICHILL BLACK
    To make matters worse, the issue started shortly after I got a new monitor. So I had more reason to suspect it was the monitor. :mad:

Passus likes this.
  6. Passus

Passus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4070 Gaming X
    I have only had my monitor for a few months

7. =GGC=Phantomblu

=GGC=Phantomblu Member Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX 6900XT
    I don't understand why people care so much about Radeon FreeSync. Radeon FreeSync only helps when the gpu is 100%. Given the problems that drivers still have I would not persist in turning on Radeon FreeSync there are other ways to play better .... I'll post you a video

D1stRU3T0R likes this.
  8. z8373767

z8373767 Master Guru

GPU:
    6900XT/8650G+7970M
    You talking about FreeSync, and posting vid about Anit-Lag/LowLatency.
    FreeSync prevents screen tearing. Just it.
    This is great when you don't mind to use Vsync (input-lag issue).

9. Krteq

Krteq Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 WC
    Hmm, seems like you are talking about Radeon Anti-Lag feature. FreeSync is something completely different.

z8373767 likes this.
  10. MaCk0y

MaCk0y Maha Guru

GPU:
    4090 ICHILL BLACK
    And it's not completely fixed at least in Rocket League. Haven't experienced in other games yet. When I change the volume and the Windows 10 volume bar appears*, the refresh rate might get stuck and for me it's always at 67. I might get it unstuck by changing the volume several times but a sure way to fix it is to change to windowed mode and back to fullscreen (alt+enter x2). So it's much better than having to change refresh rate mid game.

*Anyone got any solution for this crap since we're on the topic of Freesync and refresh rate? Does anyone know how to completely get rid of the Windows 10 Volume bar that appears every time you change the volume? While in most games, when it appears, it procreates up the refresh rate and FPS which causes a stuttering mess for a few seconds. I think this is on Microsoft or the game developers. There are some games where the volume bar doesn't appear. I tried hidevolumeosd but the problem persists, it just changes how the problem behaves.

11. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    i don't know why you keep pedaling this misinformation and nobody has corrected you on it.

cucaulay malkin likes this.
  12. BlitzTown

BlitzTown Member Guru

tested some old dx9 games and getting stutters and lag spikes again

13. cucaulay malkin

cucaulay malkin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AD102/Navi21
    gpu usage has literally nothing to do with it
    adaptive sync prevents tearing and reduces microstutter that you'd otherwise see when your fps is not in sync with refresh rate
    it's an awesome thing really and I can't imagine a gaming pc in 2020 without it.150,100 or 40 fps,you're getting no screen tearing and controls are smooth

that said,I've seen some people say that at 120hz up they can't see tearing anyway.

14. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    What Games?

15. BlitzTown

BlitzTown Member Guru

Mostly IL2 GW2 and battleground europe

16. Alessio1989

Alessio1989 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    FreeSync works when the framerate is in the range of the monitor freesync specifics. GPU load percentage has nothing to do with frame presentation on the GPU and the video signal synchronization on the monitor hardware.

Passus likes this.
  17. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    I've not had a use for freesync in ages. I'm surprised anyone still "needs" it.

Exodite likes this.
  18. Thiago Diniz

Thiago Diniz Member

GPU:
    6700 XT Red Devil
    unless i'm missing something, for me freesync is one of the most awesomeness features.

I've never had a problem with it, using Vega64 + LG 34UC79G for 2 years now.
    Before I had RX480/RX580 + LG 29UM67

DanielRX and Undying like this.
  19. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    What do you use vsync? That must be awful.

Passus likes this.
  20. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Bit similar here I mostly just cap FPS for avoiding excess GPU whine and heat but otherwise I have VSync off since I can't generally see display/frame tearing other than image comparisons highlighting the sync effect mismatch, eyes aren't very sensitive to it seemingly although for whatever reason hitching and micro stuttering is something I pick up on pretty easily and getting used to 60+ FPS makes anything less much more noticeable now ha ha.

Once AMD works out the remaining issues with the tech unless part of this is from problematic panels or other display hardware it is a great addition to the users hardware lineup though or G-Sync from NVIDIA for these cards and then general VRR for either but might lack some of the certification criteria from both vendors and it will likely not have the full scalar module NVIDIA utilizes. (Seems like the V2 one whatever it's actually called is pretty good but it isn't cheap.)

Exodite likes this.