Metro Exodus

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by scatman839, Jun 11, 2017.

1. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    if they add DLSS 2.0 i replay the whole game and buy the DLC

2. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    Guys i wanna ask you, does this game fulfill your urge for stalker 2? Does it make u fulfill those needs for a new stalker game until that one comes to light??

3. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    No not really. It does not even reminds of stalker anymore (like first two games.) Exodus stand on its own with its open world but in reality linear progression. Somewhat reminded me of first Rage which is a good thing.

Yeah and outstanding visuals are just a treat.

AsiJu and ramthegamer like this.
  4. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2

5. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Started playing and the game does feel good to play, it's still definitely Metro but improved in every aspect.
    Well except voice-acting, that overdone pseudo-Russian accent is still there.

I still don't understand why 4A, being an Ukrainian studio, don't just use Ukrainian or Russian voice actors for English dialogue as well, would surely give a more natural accent to characters.

So far must give a special mention to guns, now they feel and sound like actual firearms instead of peashooters. Gunshot sounds are very punchy and loud.

The crafting system - the little I've seen of it yet - seems well done and is a perfect fit for a Metro game which is about gathering and managing supplies in big part.

Game looks absolutely gorgeous. Lighting, environments, detail, textures...
    Runs good too, game defaulted to Ultra and I got easily 100+ fps indoors but once got outside there were dips to 70 - 80s.
    Which isn't bad but dropping to High seems to net 100+ fps outdoors as well and I couldn't see any immediate IQ drop going from Ultra to High.

Tried ray-tracing briefly (without DLSS) and still got 60 - 80 fps indoors but given the perf. difference and the fact game's default lighting looks great, disabled ray tracing for now.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2020
    cerebus23 and XenthorX like this.
  6. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    Metro Exodus was cool, voice acting was uneven i would say <.<

7. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Game seems to have its fair share of bugs and glitches still:

- if you use night vision while prone (crawling) you may not get back up, Artyom just remains prone even after you're past whatever you were crawling under (may apply to certain spots only though)
    - switching QTE's to Hold doesn't work properly, holding the button makes the QTE repeat indefinitely without completing
    - NPC's may block your path, push you off an edge (damn you Anna!) or even despawn or spawn at random. Rare though.
    - at least in Caspian "base" the workbench may not work, it "reverts" to being just a table...

to name a few. None are exactly game breaking but immersion breaking for sure, not to mention annoying.

Performance is somewhat inconsistent as well, I switched back to Ultra preset as fps dips were somewhat uncommon after all, but at Caspian desert I can barely get 60 fps at daytime.
    Dropping to High helps but less than elsewhere.

Also anyone know if EGS and Steam versions use different version numbering? I've seen footage of game version 1.0.1.0 but I'm running 1.0.0.7.

8. fernake

fernake Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus strix GTX 1080 OC
    The gaming experience is completely broken when I arrive in the desert, the frames drop in an exaggerated way, to all this we add that it is possibly the worst game in the series, it is not surprising that the developers complain that their games do not sell what Enough, I wait for the new consoles so that things like these do not happen to me again.

9. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    This could help : https://steamcommunity.com/app/412020/discussions/0/1798529872644320218/

fernake likes this.
  10. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Just started another run through of this, and its a shame that the diary pages and postcards you collected from a previous playthrough, carry over, so you only have to find the ones you missed, as once you eventually find every one, the next time you play, they won't be there at all to get.

Also gave the shading rate a try, see what it does, dropped it to 0.8, and got quite a frame-rate boost, and it looks no different to the default rate of 1.0 to me :p

Its much better than using the DLSS. :D

Maddness, AsiJu and Solfaur like this.

11. S.T.A.R.A.C.

S.T.A.R.A.C. Master Guru

GPU:
    HD 7970 3GB WindForce
    Actually on the consoles this happens all the time.

12. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
  13. cucaulay malkin

cucaulay malkin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AD102/Navi21
    the desert is the first open world chaper,and it's not that bad actually performance-wise
    browsing through my SS collection I'm getting 60-70 in the desert
    1440p RTX On with crappy DLSS 1.0,the RT'd GI is worth it tho.

[​IMG]

wait till you reach tayga

[​IMG]

I liked certain parts of exodus,but I wish it was longer cause the story was ridiculously short,they filled up the time with open world markers instead.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2020
  14. fernake

fernake Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus strix GTX 1080 OC
    A console is not worth € 3000.

15. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    Isn't it "Volga" first open world chapter? Probably it is not open world enough?

16. cucaulay malkin

cucaulay malkin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AD102/Navi21
    oh yeah
    sorry

tho it's true what you're saying,it's much,much smaller

neither is your 1080
    consoles run lowish settings,at dynamic resolution,at 30 fps,not even a stable 30
    a pc with a gtx 1080 still blows a ps4 pro out of the water

S.T.A.R.A.C. likes this.
  17. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    I'm almost finished with Exodus, and honestly... I prefer Last Light.

Exodus is good, and I've had fun with it. But I personally feel they lost something going to a more open design.
    My favorite parts of Exodus have been the linear, tunnel... confined locations. The places that feel like Last Light.

18. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    I actually liked in particular that the game opens up vs. previous games.
    Variation in environments feels great (and looks).
    4A managed to retain the oppressive Metro feeling very well I think even if the game is less claustrophobic.

In addition I feel the maps are pretty much perfect sized, bit of room for exploration or alternate routes to objective but condensed enough to fit a linear experience.

I got to Novosibirsk but then I had to reinstall Windows and hadn't yet a backup of the game.
    So finishing needs to wait until I have an appropriate "slot" for redownloading.

19. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    You'll love the dlc's. Make sure you play them as well.

mikeysg likes this.
  20. mikeysg

mikeysg Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MERC310 RX 7900 XTX
    Yep! The DLC's are pretty good, especially Sam's Story, I had lotsa fun playing it. The Two Colonels is good, though I'd found it to be nowhere close to Sam's Story, too much running around in dark tunnels for my liking. Sure as hell hope the developer's working on a sequel to this, would like to see what Artyom and his group's gonna do about freeing the peeps at the Metro.

mbk1969 and Undying like this.