Horizon Zero Dawn

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, Dec 4, 2019.

1. Backstabak

Backstabak Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Rx 5700xt
    Totally forgot about it and got excited when it popped up on steam today. What a disappointment it was reading just through the last page here. I guess I'll wait for the Christmas sale on this and see if they bothered fixing any issues. Although, I expected to play CP2077 at that point. All in all just bummer.

2. Hah! Amaze you are incredible, where the heck did you find that?! xD

3. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Well, I might just uninstall/delete the pre-load then and redownload the game once released as it will be quicker. I am getting an external Samsung 860 QVO SSD from Amazon so I will install the game on that.

4. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    No buy until they fix the damn problems with the game, especially the frame drops.

5. Angantyr

Angantyr Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070 Super X
    I think if I were to play this title, I'd probably do so with a 30 FPS lock, but then I could just get it on the console. Seeing the foliage in the game locked to 30 FPS seems jarring when its in direct contrast with the 60-ish fps movements.

Also from the DF video regarding resolution : "When I booted the game on my 4K screen in full-screen mode, something didn't look right. It turned out that Horizon was rendering at 4K, downscaling to 1080p, then upscaling to 4K again."

I can't quite wrap my head around why they'd implement that.

6. Witcher29

Witcher29 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Gaming X Trio
    Hopefully a patch can fix al this, the game looks janky with those 30 fps animation thing, doesnt feel right, reminds me of bioshock 1.

7. Angantyr

Angantyr Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070 Super X
    Been so long since I've played Bioshock, there is no way I'd be able to recall that. But I do remember it in Assassins Creed Syndicate, where your character had 60 fps, but their clothing / cape had 30 fps. Thankfully that could be fixed with an .ini edit, but it was jarring till you did.

8. itpro

itpro Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD Testing
    That nvidia has really weak gpus in low range. GTX 980/1060/1650S are destroyed by being up to ~30,35,40% slower in this game than RX480/RX580/RX590. Lol. Pathetic for the majority of gamers who has those tier gpus and most sales.

Undying likes this.
  9. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4070 ti TUF
    Deleted member 213629 likes this.
  10. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    DF reported RX580 is 30-40% faster than 1060. Something is seriously wrong with this port.

itpro likes this.

11. itpro

itpro Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD Testing
    This is one of the games I am afraid to buy until receives fixes and positive feedback from gamers. But it is a unique game one of those I cursed I don't own a ps4 pro but only xbox one x. :D Damn it. I'll wait for a sale, now it is unplayable unless you own enthusiast gpu level or not use ultra settings.

But I never considered to play ever a PC game on less than ultra settings, the only game forced me to play below ultra is RDR2.

So sad that Death Stranding is butter smooth with equivalent graphics engine.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2020
    Undying likes this.
  12. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I think, from watching the video, it might be related to the Dynamic Resolution Scaling because DF mentioned at one point that the game was running at 55 fps at 4K so they used the DSR slider in-game to try to get a locked 60 fps. They achieved it but then found that DSR had set the game at 1080p hence why they recommended that you do not use it. As they said, DSR in this game is super agressive or more likely buggy like the fullscreen setting.

I watched ACG's video review earlier on this week at 2160p60 but remember thinking how distinctly un-4K like the game looked. The UI in particular looked bad and far less crisp than it looks on the PS4 Pro at 4K. I suspect that he may have experienced the same bug that DF had but not released it!!!

13. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4070 ti TUF
    He mentions it in the review very early on, though he only says 4k bug not specifically what it does.

14. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Is the game unlocked already? I'll download it anyway...

15. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    The 4k bug is that it doesnt show actual 4k. 4k is downscaled to 1080p , then upscaled to 4k again. you can get past this bug , Its in the digital foundry video.

16. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4070 ti TUF
  17. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    atleast i can use the decrypting as a benchmark for my cpu to see how much faster it is then my older. before downloading the 38gb

18. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    unpacking now

19. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    Steam pre-load is pure dog crap.
    Why cant they think of another way so we can play quick. There is no progress report anywhere right ?? how long will this take ?? hours ?? then there is also the 38gb patch right ??

Darren Hodgson and cerebus23 like this.
  20. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    the game doesnt launch for me. checking files now.

the good news is , there was no 38gb patch for me yet.