Horizon Zero Dawn

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, Dec 4, 2019.

1. Calmmo

Calmmo Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Zotac AMP
    Yeah I know several people who use vpn to get their games on the cheap. It's no fairytale

2. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    So pre-load when? Tomorrow, 5th?

3. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4070 ti TUF
    JonasBeckman likes this.
  4. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Nice, bit of updated data just before release and maybe NVIDIA could also squeeze in another driver release unless their current 451.84 I think it's at currently already is well prepared.
    (~Shouldn't be anything too fancy but you never really know plus it's DX12 so that goes doubly for low-level API fun and when it breaks it's a four letter word or thereabouts. ~ )

EDIT: It's a console port of HZD with a bunch of additional exposed options but from the sounds of it nothing like extra texture packs or any major features maybe AMD threw in FidelityFX for CAS as a immediate although since 20.8.1 now doesn't have a blacklist entry that seems to not be the case.

Then again AMD could just have missed adding a entry for it or maybe actually fixed the issues at the core so the app doesn't crash if the driver one is enabled or some non-per program profile dependency to work around it if that doesn't work.
    (Though sometimes the blacklist also is used for known compatibility problems not just a problematic double sharpen crash issue. :p )

EDIT: For some reason it also went from like 50-ish GB going by what I found for the PS4 version (Sans the snow level DLC, yay snow levels.) to near 100 with preload said to be about 70 GB in a compressed state. Guessing that's all the localization or some other means of packing stuff in if the texture and model assets are unchanged.

5. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4070 ti TUF
    Hopefully they can work the same magic they used to get it to run as smoothly as it did on the ps4.

6. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 2060
    Can't wait for this, skipped it on ps4 due to the blur, can't get enough of bow and arrow games (currently re-playing FC3).

7. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Death Stranding runs beautifully on my PC at max settings, 1440p and over 60 fps (often well over) all the time so it bodes well for HZD. However, this game has lots of foliage and enemies so I am not expecting the framerate to be quite as high as Death Stranding's.

Also, rumours are that God of War might be coming to PC. I really hope that is true as that is one hell of a game. I played it right through to the end on my PS4 Pro which is quite an achievement for me (mainly because I end up getting two-thirds of the way through then leave it for another game that has just come out) and loved every second of it.

I think releasing PS4 (and hopefully PS5) games on PC makes perfect sense for Sony, especially if they do it months or years after the console because I still have a reason to own a PS4 Pro (and a PS5) whereas I do not for the Xbox Series X (my own Xbox One X is hardly used as everything released on that console is available and looking/running better on PC).

8. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4070 ti TUF
  9. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090

i'm guessing Sony is dumping all the PS4 exclusives on PC to make extra money since ps4 is getting replaced by ps5

10. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 2060
    Wish they'd 'dump' Spiderman into the Avengers game for us.:mad::D

11. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 4070
  12. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    legally they shouldn't , but i hop it hurts all of spiderman's other projects to teach them a lesson :D

also it's not worth it to play the game @ 30fps for an exclusive dlc

13. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
  14. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
  15. Party Poison

Party Poison Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4090
    UW works in game but Cutscenes and menus are not supported fully.

Cutscenes do a sort of faded cloning at the edges like an old Vine video.

2080ti at 1080p will keep over 60 most of the time.

16. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4070 ti TUF
    MerolaC likes this.
  17. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 4070
    I expected more, they had enough time to optimize. Fingers crossed for miracle patch.

18. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    Do enemies scale or is there an option (to make the Game harder)? We all know how easy open world games get..

19. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    in the original run they don't but you can make the game harder after finishing if i remember correctly

20. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    Getting a 2080ti to play at 1080p is a disgrace

itpro likes this.