HellPoint

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WhiteLightning, Aug 3, 2020.

1. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    Cant find the thread , if we had one. (which i think we did).

Anyone playing this game ? Its a soulsborne game from a indie studio , a pretty good one set in a sci-fi setting.
    It is also cheap! available on gog, steam etc

here is the trailer.

Im really liking it , sure it is not as polished as other soulsborne titles, but it is a lot of fun nonetheless , great bosses to fight. and it has proper jumping as well btw.

gameplay vid

AsiJu likes this.
  2. Getting a KOTOR feel for some reason; looks great!

3. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Wishlisted this, will buy a bit later I think.

Deleted member 213629 likes this.
  4. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    Yeah i got the same vibe from it, which is great.

Deleted member 213629 likes this.

5. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    It’s not a good game (try the demo). It’s mediocre. If you want soulslike and own DS3 you definitely should try the Cinders mod. It’s so great!

Last edited: Aug 3, 2020
    cerebus23 likes this.
  6. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    I find cinders a bit too easy since there are so many weapons in there and they really did not change the boss fights difficulty.
    so it gets too easy early on. Also all the shortcuts help level up too fast, so the dynamic gameplay is totally gone.

This game is made by a really small indie studio , which is quite impressive tbh. boss fights are really hard, and its satisfying to play imho. but , i guess its not for everyone.

7. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    Yeah, kind of true about Cinders, but if you would start in NG+5 and especially use all the different "things" (like enemy hp regen, etc.. there are more than 15? options you can add to modify your experience) you can acitvate to make the game even harder, i'd go for that!

If you are an exp. DS Player, Cinders wont be super hard for you. But i saw "normal" DS3 the other day and i was shocked how easy DS3 is without Cinders.

8. Reclusive781

Reclusive781 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 7800 XT
    The game ended up being a decent low budget indie title.

Last edited: May 5, 2022
  9. skacikpl

skacikpl Maha Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 4090
    It was free on gog a while ago, i downloaded it and gave up quite quick. Weird KB/M control scheme and mouse movement seemed to scale with framerate or plainly moved faster within certain cone in front of player model or something.
    It drove me insane, plus the fact it's on Unity means you can't even tweak any config files so oh well, you will not be missed.