Square Enix: graphics of the Playstation 5 are identical to those of PC

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jul 29, 2020.

1. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    Probably. Maybe the loading times and streaming will be superior for a longer time, but I can see PC's catching up within the year. As people said, PC's will just brute force their way through eventually with sheer performance numbers. Then again it's logical, consoles don't evolve much during a generation, whereas PC are constantly evolving with each new GPU/CPU/Storage/... release.

dark_surge likes this.
  2. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Both consoles will provide better value than PC for gaming. But, that's about it. PS5 will be at level of RX 5700 XT while games will be optimized for it.
    XSX will be above it. And if there is version with 20GB of GDDR6, it will be easy upgrade. If they actually launched it like that, XSX's upper hand would be on different level even against very modern PCs and would keep competing for years.

3. half_empty_soul

half_empty_soul Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 3080 ti
    same old story, game developers code game under the weakest link aka consoles and then just do lazy ports with some minor differences but always not too big so there be no outcry from the console owners, we have to remember consoles is tgheir main selling target not PC
    Square Enix is the brightest example of that shambolic practice

4. GamerNerves

GamerNerves Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 5700 XT Nitro+
    But isn't this bad news from Square Enix if their PS5 games will not look any better on PC? Are they saying they will not give PC gamers enchancements their more powerful PCs could run? Obviously this is a retarded commercial and nothing more.

5. Megastitious

Megastitious Member

GPU:
    You know how photo-realistic Sony's exclusive games are right?Well...it's the same PS4 looking graphics with some dose of RT and that's it.This thing will surely be 30 fps too.Also define to me "graphics similar to those of a current PC Gamer".Which PC gamer are we talking about?There's all kinds of PC gamers.From those who play games on PC without caring about graphics, all the way to enthusiasts and perfectionists.

6. xg-ei8ht

xg-ei8ht Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1gb 6870 Sapphire
    I wouldn't call the PS5 a medium quality PC.

Considering it has a higher pixel fillrate that the 2080ti.

142gpixels - PS5.

136gpixels -2080ti.

Obviously that's just one part of a GPU, But RDNA2 is 40-50% faster then RDNA1 which the 5700xt is built on.

It's going to have no problem pushing a tons of pixels, But it depends what devs choose fps wise. I think all games should have a 30/60fps mode at the very least.

But PS5 is a massive upgrade of ps4/ps4pro in every aspect.

But i think people are very interested in the new I/O layout with no bottlenecks so data can flow seamlessly from SSD to GPU at 5.5gb/s raw and 9-22gb/s compressed.

7. DeskStar

DeskStar Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 3080Ti/3090FTW
    Not always.....

Venix likes this.