GeForce Hotfix Driver Version 451.85

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Warkratos, Jul 25, 2020.

1. Dragondale13

Dragondale13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75
    I uninstall but keep settings.Only when there's a new driver branch or if gaming gets flakey do I redo oc and overwrite profile.

This makes sense to me.As much as I'd like to stay with the most up to date drivers, all 451 drivers show performance regression in benchmarks.Most are pretty smooth gaming wise with no vsync but up to 446.14 are much faster in benchmarks and gaming with some method of vsync enabled.

I think Green Team is trying once again to sort through M$'s "whatever" they did to 2004, not the first time I'm sure but I feel sorry for the guys at Nvidia at times like this.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2020
    DannyD and HoWxCoRe like this.
  2. squallypo

squallypo Member

GPU:
    asus gtx 980
    this driver is really terrible, im getting a lot of stutering /hiccups in dead by daylight and this game is not really that demanding.

3. cricket bones

cricket bones Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW

Well did it work ok on a previous driver...?

4. squallypo

squallypo Member

GPU:
    asus gtx 980
    rolled back to 442.50, my games are smooth as always now :D and im not throwing hate just because, im serious when i said the performance was really bad on this Fixed driver, also i couldnt use sharpening on specific games (actually working) had to set it globablly in order for it to work :/

5. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
    Thank you

7 Sequence and valorex like this.
  6. jimpsar

jimpsar Guest

GPU:
    6900xt MERC 319 XFX
    Having the same issue here. Also happened with the previous driver and latest version of Sottr

7. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    uninstallation is to clear any corrupted device data that ab caches.

the issue posted was hags specific, if it occured without hags and on drivers <446 then you don't have a driver issue.

jimpsar likes this.
  8. SyntaX

SyntaX Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    I run AB also while updating drivers. never had any issues since nearly 5 years, different cards and same installation. Iam a lucky one...

9. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    Sorry to burst your bubble, but that luck is pretty much widespread lol

Dan Longman, AsiJu and SyntaX like this.
  10. Supertribble

Supertribble Master Guru

GPU:
    Noctua 3070/3080 FE
    Hi, it wasn't any form of corruption, rather performance degradation, similar to what happened recently with Forza Motorsport 7. Both are working as intended now but I'm not sure if it is down to a NV inspector profile I got hold of or if the latest driver sorted it out. I did use DDU to clean out the old driver prior to installing this one, if that wiped out my custom NV inspector profiles (I'm not sure if they are kept tbh) then the driver has been successful with Forza.

11. RobinTR

RobinTR New Member

GPU:
    GTX 1060 3GB
    Cod Warzone crashes in 15-20 seconds to desktop without error 451.85/hags on. I turned back to 442.59 for see is it working and working without problem with this version.

12. flow

flow Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF RTX3080 oc
    Strange, I did not have that.

13. notinterestinq

notinterestinq Member

GPU:
    Anyone else having issues with enabled gsync that it just downclocks the refresh rate at random times? I did not had that issue before and disabling freesync of course keeps it at 144hz.

Everytime this would happen my GPU would boost to a higher pstate.

Edit: I can trigger it easily by starting the Xbox app. Then it starts to go crazy for whatever reason.

Edit2: Rollback to 451.48. Does not happen anymore. Seems to be an issue with the driver. I have an AOC 24G2U connected via DP. GSYNC is enabled for Fullscreen and Windowed on W10 2004

Edit3: god dammit the driver is fine...I've set VSYNC on globally for GSYNC but it seems to create those issues!

Edit4: No it is still happening. WTF is going on? Any ideas?

Edit5: okay seems like it happens when I enable it for windowed too. This never happened before but it seems fine when I only have it enabled for Fullscreen.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2020
  14. Witcher29

Witcher29 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Gaming X Trio
    Can someone tell me what ntoskrnl.exe+3ddb60 is and what is causing it had two of these a few days ago and just an hour iago i just cant find the hidden problem it totaly random, my pc wil just lock up and then it reboots itself i have a feeling my XMP is doing this behavior, its turned off for now see how that goes. it could also be driver related ? i have seen more of these ntoskrnl.exe+3ddb60 in the month july if u check the microsoft page very strange.

Nvidia drivers cant get these ntoskrnl errors ?

Last edited: Jul 29, 2020
  15. Archvile82

Archvile82 Master Guru

GPU:
    ROG STRIX 4090 OC
    I'm not really sure what standby list is and I don't run any monitoring software while gaming.

I do have HAGS enabled with only 1 screen. I was wondering if it was windows VRR setting so I disabled that but not been on the PC long enough to notice anything this week. I left some feedback via geforce experiance.

16. newls1

newls1 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    AB wasn't even installed in the system during installation... you are a complete TOOL. Hope you have just a great day!

17. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    delete the dcache files under the games "main" folder.
    and turn off rtss hooking for this game

Theres nothing to work with without the dump file, stop code and parameter.

you can get a mix of stop code crashes and it be a hardware issue, driver issues generally list the vendors driver more often than the kernel itself.

Standby list is the superfetch working cache (the superfetch service just tracks what files get put in it), under high memory load and a high Cached memory value the system can begin to stutter because the standby list aggressively tries to repopulate causing expensive memory transactions.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2020
  18. sagnol

sagnol Member

GPU:
    nvidia 9400gt 1gb
    My control panel is missing the option for Frame Limit, what is going on?

SOLUTION: I have to uninstall Nvidia Control Panel from start menu because it was the windows store version, i redownloaded the drivers and then reinstalled them without internet connection to prevent any internet changes and the frame limit option was back

19. RobinTR

RobinTR New Member

GPU:
    GTX 1060 3GB
    I tried that (removing main folder completely and verify game folder installed missing files and even i was removed nv_cache folder) when i was using 451.85 but not worked. I installed 451.65 today and its working normally with this version too. I have problem only with on 451.85 - cod warzone.

20. GiveMe

GiveMe Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Trinity OC
    No Overlay, no overclock, the Graphic Bugs also Happening with lower Clocks ( -100MHz GPU Memory/GPU Chip )
    I tested this very deep and the Graphic Settings doesn't matter for me to repro, sometimes it just takes longer.

however here are my settings:
    G_settings1.jpg G_settings2.jpg
    G_settings3.jpg

my nvidia control panel settings for FM7

DSR - 4X nativ res.
    Sharpening On ( 0.65% Film: 0.17 )
    Latency On but not Ultra
    Max FPS: 144

If you see the G-Sync indicator, This bug was already happening before i had a g-sync monitor so g-sync is def. not causing this.

The track for repro is nürburgring ( press F to change scenario ) and select nordschleife version in the Middle
    track1.jpg
    track2.jpg

Use some colored Car.
    For me this Bug happening already in the Beginning of the race, sometimes road is Red, gray or the Curbs are Black.
    Cockpit is blinking with many light traces like in a Disco

Windows 10 - 2004 Build 19041.388

all screenshots with the settings are also here https://imgur.com/a/XqXhSq5

@Astyanax exactly

Just a note: The Profile from @Astyanax for loading into nvidia profile inspector is 100% fixing this Graphic bugs https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/n...ownload-discussion.433202/page-5#post-5807850

https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/geforce-hotfix-driver-version-451-85.433455/#post-5812182