GeForce Hotfix Driver Version 451.85

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Warkratos, Jul 25, 2020.

1. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    They're ok in Destiny2.. as overall.. didnt play that blind well @ Dreaming city yet.

But why oh why cant nv somehow enhance cache preloading so it preloads more and doesn't stream stutter by new parts of the level??

Is bungie too conservative or nvidia driver? I see the game uses max 3GB vram..

2. BoxChevy

BoxChevy Active Member

GPU:
    Asus Strix OC 3090
    COD and Destiny 2 perfectly smooth for me. I reinstalled windows for 2004. People need to realize sometimes you need to do this for major windows updates as they can introduce various problems. Besides the bluetooth issues on the valve index this has been the best gaming performance for windows in a long time.

Dragondale13 and AsiJu like this.
  3. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Actually I'd like to know this too. I know nv driver stores its shader cache under... ProgramData?

But as far as I know that's for DX11 only, DX12 and Vulkan games are different.
    IDK about OGL games.

Also Steam has its own cache for OGL and optionally Vulkan?

Who the frack knows anymore...

Last edited: Jul 27, 2020
    MaBo974 likes this.
  4. newls1

newls1 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    never had this weird issue before... Fresh format of win10 2004, installed this driver and using msi afterburner, I cant use the slider for increased power limit. Slider is completely shaded out. Install 451.48's and I can now increase power limit again.. WTF! Anyone else with this issue.

5. kiyanoken

kiyanoken Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 2080 super
    The issue is indeed Windows 10 build 2004. Theres a known issue confirmed by Microsoft with that build that causes the display drivers to randomly crash when under any stress. Thats where the stuttering happens. Rolling back to 1909 is their official suggestion to fix the issue for now. In terms of the stuttering caused by the driver on 1909, I havent been able to test 451.85 yet. But I hope it fixes it because CoD would freeze for a good second or two while playing.

WillG and eGGroLLiO like this.
  6. sunn

sunn Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    [Shadow of the Tomb Raider][DirectX 12]: The game may crash when launched with Hardware-accelerated GPU scheduling enabled.

Still got this issue, then with DX11 I get poor frames, .48 were the same, although DX11 was better

7. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4090
    I think it’s just a Bungie thing honestly, even the Halo Master Chief Collection games have a bit of stutter when loading new areas on PC.

It’s a problem with a lot of modern games, streaming is based on the expectation that a HDD is installed, so no matter the speed of the storage stutter occurs.

Hopefully this all changes when the new consoles arrive.

8. Archvile82

Archvile82 Master Guru

GPU:
    ROG STRIX 4090 OC
    I still get random slow down where the game literally stalls for a few seconds then goes back to normal.

I only saw it once after playing multiple games.

I checked event viewer and noticed windows defender had been active around this time, the same before.

Any ideas what might be going on ? It started doing this back in April and I only been using official release builds of windows 10

eGGroLLiO likes this.
  9. Derko1

Derko1 Guest

GPU:
    2x1080s
    I'm having issues with CEMU saying that I don't have the correct vulkan extension... any ideas?

10. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    2080 S, W10 2004, V-Sync + G-Sync + HAGS + Game Mode enabled. No such issues, so yes, could be display specific.

11. Dragondale13

Dragondale13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75
    Don't have COD or Destiny 2, but have to agree, gaming on WIN10 2004 has been the best since 1607 Anni Update.

DannyD likes this.
  12. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    its only present in the vulkan branch until atleast september / 455.xx

13. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti

Nvidia has a DX cache in programdata\nvidia corporation\nv_cache
    an OGL cache in AppData\Local\NVIDIA\Glcache (games and chromium embedded can make this native to or in their own appdata location)
    Windows has a cache you can clear with diskcleanup in admin mode.
    Games have caches they maintain either in their own directory or in appdata or my documents (pcgamingwiki can help here)
    Pipeline caches for vulkan are usually stored where the game puts its settings and save data

I get that stutter too and as far as i can tell its not shaders, its the world itself, bungie uses a weird chunk mechanism that they should pre-emptively begin streaming in before you cross into it.

14. Main_Mazafaker

Main_Mazafaker Member Guru

GPU:
    Gtx 1060 6gb
    Do I need to clear the driver cache from time to time? or with a fresh install? if necessary, could I clarify how to do it correctly?

15. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    the nv_cache and glcache is supposed to be self cleaning, and shaders made with a prior driver will not be used by a newer one.

16. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    You installed a driver with msiab open, don't do this.

There is no such known issue, it would be listed on the 20h1 dashboard if there were.

Don't take things posted at MS Answers as credible information.

stop looking at the driver, start looking at your computer.

17. newls1

newls1 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    no, i did not. Clearly a bug in this driver.

18. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    You clearly did, there are no issues with this driver and msiab on anybody elses system but yours.

19. Nicked_Wicked

Nicked_Wicked Master Guru

GPU:
    6900XT
    Have a similar issue if not the same one. Just seem to freeze split-second and then continues as normal, audio doesn’t break up either. With online games it doesn’t seem to cause any lag spike for re-syncing, it’s just the GPU that freezes for a moment.

Tried AGESA ComboPiV2 1.0.0.2, newest chipset driver as well as this hotfix but it continues to show up at random.

Maybe Microsoft reintroduced the standby ram bug, might have to test that. Reinstalling and going back to 1909 might not be a bad idea, 2004 can be a bit finicky for some setups it seems.

20. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Standby list?

Does this appear in MSIAB/GPUZ graphs as a momentary 0% reading?

is this with HAGS on with 2 monitors active?

https://forms.gle/kJ9Bqcaicvjb82SdA
    https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/ans...e-log-for-gpuview-to-troubleshoot-performance

if with hags
    File feedback at: https://aka.ms/submitgameperformancefeedback