GeForce Hotfix Driver Version 451.85

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Warkratos, Jul 25, 2020.

1. SniperX

SniperX Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080S Trio
    Thanks! Upgraded no issues (no DDU)

(Windows still stuck on 1909)

2. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070
    discord seems more responsive with these drivers...but then I was using 445 drivers,

3. Rayko

Rayko Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 Gaming
    This hotfix driver resolved issue for me in Watch Dogs 2 with stuttering which sometimes last for 2-3 seconds

4. Abrantes

Abrantes New Member

GPU:
    GTX 1060 oc 6GB
    What is this "clean install" version of this new driver?

I have a Asus Strix GTX 1060 6GB, what is the profit using this?

Thanks!

5. jiminycricket

jiminycricket Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    This driver didn't fix the multi-second freezes I was getting in CoD:MW 2019, and Sharpening no longer works when set in app profiles, only when set globally.

6. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    you should start looking elsewhere.

7. n\/Cl34r

n\/Cl34r Active Member

GPU:
    This driver, compared to the previous 451.48, introduced a new issue with MPC-HC and madVR for me: When running for a long while, the image freezes, then turns all-green, and once i had a full driver reset (monitor blinks off and on again).
    Restarting MPC-HC works but there is no way to recover such a broken playback.

8. jiminycricket

jiminycricket Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    Shove it. You are a troll.

Gandul likes this.
  9. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    because words that conflict with your narrowed perspective is trolling.

Fix your computer/Game.

There are caches that the game, driver and windows all make that are a factor in the performance of COD, for example the dcache files in the main subdirectory of the games install folder.

Fact is, nvidia doesn't act on any posts that make claims of stuttering or fps loss without the user doing basic diagnostic steps and following through on a gpu trace.

10. schoolofmonkey

schoolofmonkey Master Guru

GPU:
    Galax 4090
    I found that a lot of the crashes/issues earlier on in RDR2 were solved by a driver update along with clearing the cache at the same time, if you didn't clear the cache you'd get the same hang/crash as you did previous driver.
    It seemed that Rockstar after a patch did that automatically when it detected a driver update.

Myself I don't get a lot of performance issues due to doing general maintenance, clearing caches, resetting game settings (usually by deleting setting files) after a major driver update.

11. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Yep, Rockstar introduced cache invalidation.

12. WillG

WillG Active Member

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080
    Still have same behaviour on my system as the rest of the recent drivers.
    Stuttering in games every 1-2 seconds - severely with Vsync on - less severely with 'Quick sync' on.

All stuttering disappears if I roll back to Previous Windows build 1909. . .

The New Nvidia drivers and Windows 2004 build not playing nice has wrecked my rig. Used to beautifully smooth - now can't use anything without horrible hitching :(

eGGroLLiO likes this.
  13. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    There are two different answers to this question.

A clean install is where all previous drivers versions are removed from the system before the new one is installed. This will reset all settings from previous driver installs. There are a few ways to go about this. Nvidia does offer a "clean install" option through the driver installer it self but this doesn't completely remove all the files.

Then you have the option of using a third party application called "DDU" (display driver uninstaller). This is best used in safe mode so it can completely clean all traces of previous drivers installs (even then it still misses a few things but its 95-99% accurate). Then once DDU is complete you need to reboot back into normal mode and install the newest driver (or which ever driver you want to use) and disabling your internet whilst you do this is a good idea as Windows Update likes to install the driver for you if there isn't one present and this is normally a much older driver than the latest. DDU has a setting that disables any Windows Update for you.

Most people just install the driver without ever removing the previous one and this way each driver install is just installed onto the previous install, normally this is fine but over time it can start to bloat the driver install as not all files are removed or overwritten from previous installs.

Doing a clean install just helps eliminate older files/corrupt older files from causing issues with newer driver installs. It can help fix a lot of issues but generally isn't needed unless you experience issues.

14. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    no repro

tested 680, 980ti and 1080ti across 3 different systems with 2004.

try going into beta ring and installing 19041.421

WillG likes this.
  15. WillG

WillG Active Member

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080
    Appreciate efforts ;)
    I have 2080, so Turing specific maybe?

Tried setting up Windows 2004 with Exact same drivers for all components as in Win 1909 build (chipset, G Card, sound, Lan etc)- same behaviour - so suspecting Windows 2004 is the prob somehow. . .

Last edited: Jul 27, 2020

16. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    not at home no.

There is some odd issues with certain hdmi displays and pascal/turing in the recent drivers, it might be connected to that.

Looks like microsoft is tracking an issue for this, they want reports made to http://aka.ms/submitgameperformancefeedback

Do you have Game mode turned on?

Last edited: Jul 27, 2020
  17. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    I see this feedback with no upvotes "Hardware accelerated GPU scheduling seems to break vsync in chrome leading to serious stuttering when viewing videos"

:eek:

18. WillG

WillG Active Member

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080
    Tried game mode on and off - still stutters.
    Same with HAGS - stutters whether on or off. . .

19. flow

flow Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF RTX3080 oc
    Works fine here. I normally don't use sharpening since it's sharp enough but gave it a go to check. I also don't have multi second freezes, or freezes of any kind.
    Now I do realize every computer is different, and people play different games.
    I can also imagine people having issues with certain games other people don't have nor play.
    But basically going in the nvc panel, shows on my pc that it works like all other drivers before. Every setting is there, and with the exception of the bfv.exe (which is reset every time you run it, because of the devs) all are modifyable and altered settings work as intended.

20. MaBo974

MaBo974 Guest

GPU:
    nVidia GTX 1650
    Omg, this is new for me. If you don't mind, can you or any other willing to help, explain what this cache is? Do you mean, after every driver update I need to clear these caches for all my games? How I know where a specific game cache is? Which files do I have to delete? Is there a tool which do this? Why life is so complicated ^_^?

Thanks!

P.s.:I'm not trolling.

AsiJu likes this.