GeForce Hotfix Driver Version 451.85

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Warkratos, Jul 25, 2020.

1. wisebear

wisebear Member

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080 Duke
    Ironically, these seem to have broken control panel sharpening on Death Stranding (and possibly something else, i haven't checked yet cause i'll probably reroll to 451.67 anyway)
    (i installed them with DDU btw)

2. windrunnerxj

windrunnerxj Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4060
    NVCP sharpening doesn't work in Witcher 3 too, but I'm not sure if this is due to this driver or it was broken in previous drivers too.
    In general NVCP sharpening has been broken in a lot of games ever since 445 drivers when they changed detection mechanism. Enabling sharpening in app profile should force sharpening to work in app regardless of detection but apparently that's been broken as well and no info on when it's gonna get fixed.

3. wisebear

wisebear Member

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080 Duke
    I'm aware of that and sharpening indeed works if enabled globally, but I'd like to enable it on a per game basis, since every game needs different settings.

If that helps, sharpening on 451.67 is working perfectly fine on Death Stranding in the game profile.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2020
  4. Herochild

Herochild Member

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    I wonder how long before they merge in the Vulkan updates from their Vulkan drivers.

5. Sylencer

Sylencer Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3090 Strix OC
    Defo removed the stutters, was awful in breakpoint but now its smooth.

6. bobrix

bobrix Active Member

GPU:
    MSI 970@1542/8000
    Did they fix apex legends crashing on any hags driver, im sitting on april drivers bcs of that. Also these new drives dpc latency is crap too, its either them or apex doing that.

7. RobinTR

RobinTR New Member

GPU:
    GTX 1060 3GB
    I tried both driver 451.67 and 451.85 hags on there is no crash for me on apex.

8. dragonlord

dragonlord Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia Beta Tester
    For me, the MaxFPS setting has disappeared from the Control Panel. :(

9. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3060ti
    working here ok.

10. Supertribble

Supertribble Master Guru

GPU:
    Noctua 3070/3080 FE
    It's nice to see Forza Motorsport 7 fixed as the stuttering wasn't mentioned in the previous drivers known issues. Things have been working very nice for me after sorting out some long-standing problems with Horizon 3, so if I install this new driver over the top will I lose custom inspector profiles?

11. Dragondale13

Dragondale13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75
    Driver running smooth in Metro dx12 1440p, set back my vram @ 450mhz with no white flashes woop woop!

DannyD likes this.
  12. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    It can't break what was never supported in the first place.

Sharpening works fine in witcher 3.

since its after sleep/resume, its a driver issue affecting the cards display engine.

COD is a sensitive little #$^@&.

Fill it out: https://forms.gle/kJ9Bqcaicvjb82SdA

File feedback at: https://aka.ms/submitgameperformancefeedback

It is because of Unwinders utilities, but it is not Unwinders fault, the renderer used in CODMW is spaghetti code and anything foreign can trigger it.

When ampere launches.

The performance fix now exists in the driver by default, the curb, road and track barrier glitch is not included, NV is still trying to reliably reproduce the issue so they can confirm the optimization being turned off doesn't introduce any issues.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2020
    Herochild likes this.
  13. dragonlord

dragonlord Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia Beta Tester
    Okay. It's also giving me the big stalls that I didn't see before, haha. Going for a DDU reinstall and see if that fixes this. Thanks.

Edit - Nvidia clean install seems to have done the trick. No problems so far. Something must have really gotten borked the first time around. :)

Last edited: Jul 26, 2020
  14. DLD

DLD Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1060 6GB
    Great. Now, all we got to do is wait for another hotshittfixes: a red-hot, which will address couple of hundreds of "glitches", "bugs", and other sorts of "issues", and, soon after that, a white-hot fix which will leave us with only 50 to 60 unsolved "issues"... Of course, this will be followed by a new driver (WHQL - world health qualified liars) which will introduce yet another few hundreds of "issues"...

15. mahanddeem

mahanddeem Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX1080Ti StrX
    You can stay on Win Vista ready drivers if you like.

Ant1Cheater likes this.

16. Mysteryboi

Mysteryboi Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX TITAN SC
    Can anyone do a clean version of these for me would be greatly appreciated @cryohellinc

17. Shiny objects... just.. can't .. resist... to not download...

enkoo1 and mbk1969 like this.
  18. windrunnerxj

windrunnerxj Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4060
    I just tried it again, and yeah it does work but only if sharpening is set globally. It doesn't work if it's set in app profile, that's what I tried initially. From what I remember this was the case starting with R445 drivers (Witcher 3), I tried enabling it for W3 app profile in a couple of different drivers but it never worked, never tried global sharpening.
    Sharpening works in some other games when it's set in corresponding app profiles though.

tiliarou likes this.
  19. bombardier

bombardier Master Guru

GPU:
    4090 Phantom

Mysteryboi likes this.
  20. Mysteryboi

Mysteryboi Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX TITAN SC