AAEON industrial PC equipped with Jetson Xavier NX

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jul 22, 2020.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    AAEON  announces the release of the BOXER-8251AI AI edge box PC powered by NVIDIA Jetson Xavier NX. With greater performance and compact size, the BOXER-8251AI offers greater flexibility to bring ev...

AAEON industrial PC equipped with Jetson Xavier NX

2. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asrock 7700XT
    I'm curious how much they upcharged it for the heatsink and calling it "industrial". The Jetson Xavier NX already comes with a HSF and it shouldn't be hard to find a way to passively cool it.

3. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    A company that's spending several hundred million overhauling their assembly line or whatever isn't going to bat an eye on a few hundred dollars per unit added to the cost if the device is certified to run in that environment.

Whether or not AAEON is doing that I have no idea but that's typically what industrial, fanless (dust proof) designs are going for.

4. gUNN1993

gUNN1993 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 670 Windforce 3
    Try working with anything labeled 'Scientific' instant 2000% price increase. Recently got charged 1 grand GBP for a 40 quid HDD with windows 10 installed and I'm pretty sure they didn't even do anything special to it.

5. Andrew LB

Andrew LB Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080@2,025
    That's just kinda how it goes when its hardware/software you make money with.